Ayr United vs Caley Thistle

Us at our usual and bottling it when the team above us drops points. Absolutely pathetic. 
Forrest, Moffat, Kelly and McCowan were all very quite to poor. Only bright spark for me was Jordan Houston. 

They certainly weren’t quiet. Everything went through them but they missed chances. It happens.

I didn't head down to the game today, but may I wish my best wishes to Ayr United and what sounded like a brush with death.  If Caley Thistle are as physical as they claim, I'm sure tomorrow every hospital in Ayrshire will be busy sewing up gashes, reattaching limbs and mending battered egos.

43 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Anyone know why there was a camera guy and girl pointing a video camera into the pie stall all freaking day? Very odd. I’m going to guess it was the hipster pretentious twat lot from AVFTT?

Presume it was for BBC footage for the Friday night home game against Dundee but not entirely sure. 

Inverness, all around the park, were fast, skillfull and strong.

They had an game plan, and executed it perfectly today.

We have a small team, and are never going to win any of the man on man physical battles with a side like that.

We had a number if chances and the scoreline could have been very different, without too many grumbling.

We really had to score first today.

There were quite a few 'clever' niggles and a bit of 'gamesmanship' going on all over the park, and that shows well drilled 'game management'. 

All-in-all, it was closer than the scoreline shows, but Inverness fans must be pleased with that team.

They really look like they would run through a brick wall, and seem like a team of captains.

Wish we had some big, hardy b*****ds!!

Onwards and upwards.

8 games in and joint top of the league - I'll take it!!

I don't get the complaints about the ref at all. Didn't see any major decision that he got wrong, a few niggly ones but I thought one or two went our way as well. Essentially a few of our players were bullied at times.

I thought we played ok overall. As others have said, should've scored at least 2 probably 3 and you can't miss those kinds of chances and expect to beat a strong, quality team like caley.

The moffat one in particular is a good example of why he is still an Ayr player. When he's on his game he looks like a player who could step up a level or two but ultimately he misses some amount of chances. Just seems to lack that killer instinct.

I thought the lad Houston looked pretty good today, and for me Doc was our motm. Couldn't believe it went to mccowan after his second half performance.

Edited to add... Once again, what the f**k is doolan giving us? Comes on, misses a sitter, runs offside, doesn't link the play particularly well. My patience is wearing thin.

I don't get the complaints about the ref at all. Didn't see any major decision that he got wrong, a few niggly ones but I thought one or two went our way as well. Essentially a few of our players were bullied at times.

I thought we played ok overall. As others have said, should've scored at least 2 probably 3 and you can't miss those kinds of chances and expect to beat a strong, quality team like caley.

The moffat one in particular is a good example of why he is still an Ayr player. When he's on his game he looks like a player who could step up a level or two but ultimately he misses some amount of chances. Just seems to lack that killer instinct.

I thought the lad Houston looked pretty good today, and for me Doc was our motm. Couldn't believe it went to mccowan after his second half performance.

Edited to add... Once again, what the f**k is doolan giving us? Comes on, misses a sitter, runs offside, doesn't link the play particularly well. My patience is wearing thin.

The ref didn’t get any major calls wrong. But he set the tone with the niggly fouls that let the ICT players know they could get away with it.

Rooney blatant push on Forrest in the first half was so obviously a foul and McLean didn’t give it a second look.

The ref didn’t get any major calls wrong. But he set the tone with the niggly fouls that let the ICT players know they could get away with it.

Rooney blatant push on Forrest in the first half was so obviously a foul and McLean didn’t give it a second look.
On the left wing?

I had a decent view of that and there was nothing in it. A hand on him, yes - but that wasn't a shove.

On the left wing?

I had a decent view of that and there was nothing in it. A hand on him, yes - but that wasn't a shove.

I dunno. Maybe it was because Forrest was running and any slight touch would send him flying but it looked like a push to me.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

100%, he let far too much go. To the point where Geggan, McCowan and Harvie started to bite back.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

On the left wing?

Panda, you are like King Solomon always giving refs the benefit of the doubt. I am most impressed. My tinted glasses make it difficult.

Panda, you are like King Solomon always giving refs the benefit of the doubt. I am most impressed. My tinted glasses make it difficult.
I dunno, mate - I just try to put myself in their shoes (I have been known to lose the plot a wee bit, but didn't today - not at the ref at least).

I saw that one and just thought he's went down far too easy (which Forrest has a tendency to do) - and I absolutely hate when other players do that to us.

Geggan did have a bit of dig today, but we miss the composure of Kerr in that role.

Also thought the caley goals both had an unusual look about them. The guy lying on the deck was weird, even though our players should be playing to the whistle (was it harvie that got beat very easily by the winger?)

And I thought the second one was a punt into the terracing but somehow we had a massive hole and the boy was in on goal. I'm not having that as a pass. Surely not.