Ayr United vs Caley Thistle

I'm not sure how celebrating the departure of a man who transformed the fortunes of our club and left it in a great position is going to go down with the support.

If he does come back as a regular fan then I have no problem with that, but he has to appreciate things have moved on since the days of pumpings by Brechin and co.

I'm not sure how celebrating the departure of a man who transformed the fortunes of our club and left it in a great position is going to go down with the support.
If he does come back as a regular fan then I have no problem with that, but he has to appreciate things have moved on since the days of pumpings by Brechin and co.
His twitter was inactive for a full year, one of the best years in recent memory McCall goes and it's all Super Ayr again, don't know the guy or his beef with McCall but you support the club not the manager

5 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

His twitter was inactive for a full year, one of the best years in recent memory McCall goes and it's all Super Ayr again, don't know the guy or his beef with McCall but you support the club not the manager

100%, I dont know the guy but he sounds like a total weapon. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. Hes missed some great football during his one man boycott.

Worth noting that for all the outreach and fan stuff that happened in the Reid era (Boab, the heyday of the Ragazzi, pubs doing Ayr beers etc) the only thing that you could actually graph attendances against is performance. McCall had a barely-concealed contempt for basically all of that stuff and it didn't matter at all. This isn't really how I'd like for things to be, but the figures speak for themselves.

If that Friday game last season hadn't been called off because of such a petty thing as Somerset being hit by a Category 5 storm at the time, Ayr would have gotten a league win against ICT, and possibly avoided the perennial post-Halloween collapse.

Anyway, into this shite. 2-1 home win, Moffat / McCowan / some c**t completely unmarked at the back post as always.

Edited by Thumper

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

I heard rumours that an Ayr fan from England got himself tattooed with an image of Somerset Boab, is this true, please not?

It would be like one of us getting a tattoo of CaleyD

Low key Darwin Award contender if true.

I heard rumours that an Ayr fan from England got himself tattooed with an image of Somerset Boab, is this true, please not?
True hes on the SRE Facebook page, I think he travels down from Newcastle for home game's.

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:
2 hours ago, Snafu said:

True hes on the SRE Facebook page, I think he travels down from Newcastle for home game's.

Must take him ages if he’s travelling down from Newcastle.

Our defence has been outstanding in recent weeks and has faced physical threats from quite a few sides so I won't be using that as any sort of excuse should we succumb to our usual Inverness hammering !!

As long as we play our own game, as we have been doing, then everything should hopefully be ok...............................

AP saying Kerr will probably miss out here which is a big blow. I think physically Geggan will compete better but we’ve no one that will get their foot on the ball and dictate things.

We’ve no option but to go with the team that finished the game last week.

Doohan

Houston
Muirhead
Roscoe
Harvie

Geggan
Docherty
Kelly

McCowan
Moffat
Forrest

I think we’ll draw. 1-1 with Forrest scoring.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

AP saying Kerr will probably miss out here which is a big blow. I think physically Geggan will compete better but we’ve no one that will get their foot on the ball and dictate things.

We’ve no option but to go with the team that finished the game last week.

Doohan

Houston
Muirhead
Roscoe
Harvie

Geggan
Docherty
Kelly

McCowan
Moffat
Forrest

I think we’ll draw. 1-1 with Forrest scoring.

Can’t see the team being any different from the one above , that is still a strong team , need to be an attacking team if we need to make any subs , Moore, McKenzie and Doolan as all are forwards , hopefully no defenders get injured