Ross County vs St. Johnstone - the Ricky Foster Derby

If only there was some evidence you were there... 
My top Dingwall memories:
  • Paatelainen hat-trick in 2003.
  • Birth of the Deuchar/Jackson partnership in 2007.
  • Collin Samuel double - second a brilliant solo run - to kick start title season. 
  • Frazer Wright late winner in 2012.
  • Dave Mackay late winner in 2015 to set record for away wins. 
  • Chris Kane late winner - brilliant goal - in 2017.
I missed the Glennon game and, thankfully, a 4-0 defeat in Connolly season. Worst memories are a late Graham Carey winner and losing a two-goal lead to draw under Coyle on a midweek. 
That midweek game came a week after beating Rangers at Ibrox in the cup IIRC. Think we'd lost to Airdrie on the Saturday too. Bryn Halliwell let one trundle in that night.

A more tactically aware manager and decent keeper and saints would have scooshed league that season.

25 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

Morning Saints fans, for those who are coming enjoy the trip. Just remember, despite Ricky Foster, Richie Britain and the ignominy of Saints not being able to beat a team managed by Owen Coyle, it’s only a game.

I think none of us care about all that shit, we just need a win.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

O'Halloran didnt play on the right at any point in the Cup game against County. He started on the left with Wotherspoon right and Swanson central, and stayed on the left when Wotherspoon came off and Kennedy came on. Kennedy went right.

You and I recall this differently. I remember MOH right. But my memory is not so good. Tommy, has and continues to play players on their least preferred wing so a right winger on the left and 2 left wingers playing right is plausible. Last week, he started match with 2 right wingers and finished the game with 2 left wingers. So you may be correct. 

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wright is our best all round winger but looked really rusty last week, O'Halloran is the only one producing but goes missing, Kennedy was our best player last season but hasnt come up with anything this season, Swanson deserves another chance since nobody else is producing but has never done anything since rejoining. Wotherspoon is Wotherspoon.

Now that all 5 are fit and wanting to play how does Tommy keep them happy. Will he play his best players or will he rotate them. Will he bench Wright and MOH and play Swanson and Kennedy or Swanson and Wotherspoon or all three (three wide left players). I hope Tommy does not go down the road of rotation not what we need at this time.

I do not think Swanson and Wotherspoon have had enough game time to start. MOH not done enough attacking on the left. Therefore I believe, he will start Wright on the right and Kennedy on the left. Both on there preferred wings and bringing balance to the team.

"O'Halloran is the only one producing" next breath "Swanson deserves another chance since nobody else is producing" 

21 minutes ago, Templar said:

You and I recall this differently.

Theres no "recalling it differently" about its, it's a fact that MOH didnt play on the right.

Tommy said there is nothing wrong with the formation, so I expect him not to change his 4:5:1 if there is nothing wrong with it.

The back 4 still picks itself Vihmann in for Gordon

The middle 3 have been ok so I see no change there. Holt has been strong, Davidson has played every minute of our league games and McCann it the best of the rest

I expect Wright and Kennedy to be chosen from the 5 wide players. 

lineup.png.a7265da449d8a2edc8f38f123b4718b7.png

Duffy starts at centre half. Big chance for him. Swanson, Wotherspoon and Kennedy also in - assuming Holt is injured. 4-2-3-1 I'd imagine with Swanson being the main support for May.

At times you cannot trust the formations posted I hope it is 4:2:3:1 but it could be Wotherspoon in centre to support McCann and Davidson with Swanson and Kennedy wide Tommy's 4:5:1. Thought Wright was a certainty to start on the right.