Ross County vs St. Johnstone - the Ricky Foster Derby

4 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Does anyone know if Draper/Vigurs will be fit for this?

I'd be delighted if Ross Draper was 100% for this, Davidson always seems to play a belter when he's up in Dingwall, Draper would be my pick to win that battle, Iain Vigurs is maybe not that man. 

1 minute ago, frankthetank22 said:

I'd be delighted if Ross Draper was 100% for this, Davidson always seems to play a belter when he's up in Dingwall, Draper would be my pick to win that battle, Iain Vigurs is maybe not that man. 

i'd love to see our middle three going forward being Draper, Henderson and Paton. 

I'm itching to see Simon Power play again and if i'm right in saying the boy Tanser isn't blessed with great pace. seems a no brainer to give him a run out at some point.

57 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

i'd love to see our middle three going forward being Draper, Henderson and Paton. 

I'm itching to see Simon Power play again and if i'm right in saying the boy Tanser isn't blessed with great pace. seems a no brainer to give him a run out at some point.

Not sure where you get the idea from that Tanser's slow ... but he's not always the most robust. 

11 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Not sure where you get the idea from that Tanser's slow ... but he's not always the most robust. 

I wouldn't say he's slow, but I was probably getting more at the fact he likes to get forward and isn't rapid so there may be gaps to exploit for someone as fast as Power (fastest man alive btw)

I wouldn't say he's slow, but I was probably getting more at the fact he likes to get forward and isn't rapid so there may be gaps to exploit for someone as fast as Power (fastest man alive btw)

Maybe, but he’s either going to have Michael O’Halloran or Drey Wright playing in front of him, who will show this Power fella what real pace is about.

16 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Yes, he's a definitely more of a proper wing-back in some regards. He generally has quite rapid wingers in front of him, Kennedy and especially O'Halloran are quick although I'd say neither are stand-out defensively. 

2 minutes ago, Widge said:

Maybe, but he’s either going to have Michael O’Halloran or Drey Wright playing in front of him, who will show this Power fella what real pace is about.

I know it's an absolutely honking stat to bring up but Power was recorded as being faster than Mbappe last season which I understand means nada in the grand scheme of things.

1 minute ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Yes, he's a definitely more of a proper wing-back in some regards. He generally has quite rapid wingers in front of him, Kennedy and especially O'Halloran are quick although I'd say neither are stand-out defensively. 

should be interesting to see how saints play as IMO their attacking options are screaming for a big target man with how good the wingers are. Stevie May works hard and makes space for others but from what I've seen of him he'd work better in a two

1 minute ago, staggy1929 said:

I know it's an absolutely honking stat to bring up but Power was recorded as being faster than Mbappe last season which I understand means nada in the grand scheme of things.

It is indeed. 

That guy Bolt got booted out the aussie league for being useless, and I've heard he's quite quick.

33 minutes ago, Widge said:

IMG_3057.jpg

The correct way to sort this out is clearly to ask FIFA. Sorry but your boy Power is slow by comparison to MoH.

Does FIFA not have Wotherspoon as one of our fastest players?

Tanser is fine against pace, youd be better served sticking a big unit on him and just battering long balls that way. Have a more "technically gifted" right winger, play two up front and let Stewart batter him aerially. Winger gets the knock downs and pumps the ball in for the other striker. A simple game.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tanser is fine against pace, youd be better served sticking a big unit on him and just battering long balls that way. Have a more "technically gifted" right winger, play two up front and let Stewart batter him aerially. Winger gets the knock downs and pumps the ball in for the other striker. A simple game.

That's what we've been doing with Stewart recently funnily enough. 

If there's any call offs up front in the Scotland squad and Ross performs the way he has recently he gives Clarke a decision to make.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Will you f**k off with this pish please, Tanser was fine last week when Motherwell did this, absolutely fine.

From a defensive point of view I'm not convinced there is a problem with the formation.  For most of the goals we've conceded (admittedly not seen live) the formation wouldn't have made any difference .  Motherwell - Ralston gives up marking the second ball.  Killie we get caught on the break and fail to clear when we had the chance, same with Rangers first and second. Aberdeen was just 30 seconds of professionals on both sides completely forgetting how to play football until it lands at Hedges feet and I'm not going to bother picking over Celtic.

What we really need is a bit of discipline and concentration.  And maybe a bit of luck.  Lets be hard to beat for a couple of games and hope that the quality we have upfront clicks.  

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Will you f**k off with this pish please, Tanser was fine last week when Motherwell did this, absolutely fine.

Hes not physically strong enough if it happens. I'm trying pay him a compliment by saying that's the only way you get the better of him, and against every other type of opponents hes matched them (James Forrest aside).