Ross County vs St. Johnstone - the Ricky Foster Derby

Why was he asked to redo the exercise?

Because his group of four kept failing it, Swanson was one of the four in the group and was hungover. Foster thought it unfair that they all had to redo it when it was Swanson’s fault they kept failing.

Does this mean you’ll stop making “hilarious” quips re Swanson now?

3 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Because his group of four kept failing it, Swanson was one of the four in the group and was hungover. Foster thought it unfair that they all had to redo it when it was Swanson’s fault they kept failing.

Beautiful. First he volleys him the puss, then he has a cracking night and gets Foster punted the next day.

Lifetime contract pls Tommy.

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

With regards to this thread, it subjugates her to both the mere role of Foster’s wife and a prostitute because, apparently, she lies. Her comments are disregarded because of her presumed profession, which is dictated by her sex. You wouldn’t call Boris Johnson a gigolo or a rent boy because you disagree with him. Sexism and misogyny are two sides of the same coin.

But anyway, as far as I can see, only one poster is calling her a prostitute because they don’t like her. No need for that.

Holy shit your actually being serious !

4 hours ago, Costanza said:

Does this mean you’ll stop making “hilarious” quips re Swanson now?

So, in short, he chucked the toys out of the pram for being asked to do his job. Again. 

:lol:

The boy is a complete banger and Amy’s comments have obviously fuelled the fire. 

Radford saying he thought saints fans singing bore suggests than saints fans were singing ‘whore’ rather than ‘hoor’? That’s even more unacceptable than anything else. 

St Johnstone looked good in the first half, but until the goal I thought County defended well.  County were compact and patient but the full-backs (Fraser especially) could have used the ball better to relieve the pressure. Swanson’s movement was causing Grivosti problems and Grivosti was being talked through the game from the managers at the touch line. Say what you like about how Swanson went down for the penalty, but IMO he earned the right to go down after a great piece of juggling to lure Grivosti into committing to some kind of challenge.

After the penalty save, I was confident County would get into the break with the lead... until Swanson split the home defence with that gorgeous pass with the outside of the foot.  May’s run was really quite good, but I think Fontaine needs to do better to anticipate a run from the striker rather than ball-watching.  After the goal, I was happy to go into half-time level as St Johnstone were showing more signs of penetrating County’s defence.  My perception of County’s patient, passive defending became a realisation that none of the midfield triangle had put in a tackle of any note (which contrasted with McCann and Davidson each stopping counter attacks at source quite well) and that was a large factor in Saints’ dominance.

St Johnstone looked pretty good up until they scored, then didn’t look as if they knew how to manage the game thereafter.  That’s something I wouldn’t have blamed St Johnstone for lacking in years past.  It turned into a very entertaining match, with the subs from both teams meaning the more subtle midfield triangles were discarded for direct 4-4-2 styles.  There was so much niggly aggression from both teams throughout the match and the end-to-end play was great fun.

There’s something to be said for Gardyne being mostly past it now (his display of skill is as good as ever but he is running like he needs a jobby and hasn't scored anywhere near enough goals in the last three seasons for a player of his role in the team).  However players like Gardyne and Brian Graham give so much character to the squad that it’s no surprise to see the team finish games well.  In match circumstances where the other team changes shape to go 442, I'd put Mullin or Power on the wing and tuck Gardyne inside to play between the lines.

I was very happy to see Draper come on.  County will be fine as long as he can stay fit to protect the back four.

The boy Mcann in midfield for Saints is a player btw.

Chalmers and Spittal as our two CM's doesn't work (I know they both scored) 

Paton or Henderson should've started IMO.

Saints looked good and should be fine this season.

Stewart did well to set up the first and Spittal's free kick was top notch.

Ricky Foster actually played okay considering I thought he'd get sent off.

and Finally the referee and his officials were the worst I've seen this season, for both sides might I add. 

Managed to watch the full game now, missed it live by selfishly going on holiday. Been a bit worried as the villa wi-fi isn't great so wasn't sure that it was up to dealing with the claimed blistering pace of Ross Stewart. It seemed to cope somehow.

Seems that Swanson turns up for the games I miss. He was very good though and I've been clear that I've not rated him this time round ... but maybe the combination of May coming back and Foster leaving (clearly still bad blood there) has been the answer to bringing the old Danny back. Happy to see him start again. Great to see Stevie off the mark but would still like to see him getting on end of more chances, I'm sure they will come. 

Not a lot to add to what others have said other than Clark(e) should absolutely, definitely have done better with the first goal. Harsh as that sounds as the initial save was great I think that's poor goalkeeping. On the plus side, he seemed to get off his line more. 

Kerr's worryingly short of confidence, passes seemed to lack conviction and backing off in the last couple of minutes to let County get a shot on target could easily have costs us the game. Thought Duffy did well out of position. Tanser and Ralston are very similar players, both still have mistakes in them though and will be explioted by the better wingers in the league. Probably something we'll have to live with Tanser's done nothing but improve and Ralston's still very young, so hopefully more improvement to come.

Agree with the people saying that Spoony should be swapped out. My pick would be Wright. Kane should be done for us now, it's way past time that Hendy was given a run, he can learn a lot from May and Kane's developed as much as he ever will. Our midfield absolutely ran that game and a big part of that was the hugely impressive McCann once again. Great physicality and game reading for such a young guy.

That tannoy guy at county though - what an absolute chomper that boy sounds, announcing goals like it's a darts match ffs. And why is Kettlewell modelling himself on General Zod from Superman 2? Swept back, jet black 'just for men' greasy hair and shaved at the sides? Surely you have to question a man's judgement with that going on. 

On 06/10/2019 at 08:48, RandomGuy. said:

Just seen the highlights on Saints TV. 

First viewing thought Ralston could've done more with his clearance for the first goal, but a different angle shows the County player manages to get a toe in. Again we fall asleep defensively, and, again, its Davidson who's found ball watching.

Penalty there was a clear foul, and argument Swanson had lost control of the ball but daft to tackle him there anyway. Poor penalty.

May's goal was perfect, exactly how we need to him play, and exactly the type of goal we weren't scoring before and havent scored in years, just beautiful. 

Dont see what happens before our second to talk about the apparent foul, but keeper looks a bit dodgy, ball takes a bounce but it's hardly rocketed at him.

Davidson with a stupid tackle. Every fucking week he does that exact thing and gives away a foul, you think he'd have learned by now. Free kick was unreal, not much you can do about that.

Kanes misses are embarrassing, twice hes got a clear sight of goal, and a chance to have a clean hit with nobody near him. First one he just falls over as he shoots, for no reason. Second one he takes a touch, and then falls over as he shoots for no reason. An actual striker takes one of those chances, at least. After about two seasons of him bottling simple chances you'd think we'd have given up by now, instead we extended his contract 😂

We haven't extended Kane's contract in quite some time - the last time he signed an extension it was a 3 year deal(!) prior to his loan to Queen of the South.

Cheap third or fourth choice, coming on for 5/10 minutes when you're desperate for a goal is fine for Kane. The main striker/back up to the main striker is not though, and I think we should be looking to invest in better next summer when his contract expires. I'll be pretty disheartened if we extend Kane's contract without looking what other options we can bring in for the same role to be honest.

1 hour ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

That tannoy guy at county though - what an absolute chomper that boy sounds, announcing goals like it's a darts match ffs. . 

Totally forgot about this, that guy was an absolute embarrassment. He kept chanting ‘ooh ooh, ooh to be a ....’  over the tannoy, hoping the Ross County fans would join in. Just tumbleweed.

Just now, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Totally forgot about this, that guy was an absolute embarrassment. He kept chanting ‘ooh ooh, ooh to be a ....’  over the tannoy, hoping the Ross County fans would join in. Just tumbleweed.

That doesn't encourage fans to join in, it makes it seem like forced cringeworthy embarrassment.  Singing the players name when they scored too was brutal.

Hope he was a one off haha.

Chalmers has placed it right where a keeper doesn't want it- he's trying to throw his weight back when he was going the other way. It was a clever finish rather than bad goalkeeping.

2 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

That tannoy guy at county though - what an absolute chomper that boy sounds, announcing goals like it's a darts match ffs. And why is Kettlewell modelling himself on General Zod from Superman 2? Swept back, jet black 'just for men' greasy hair and shaved at the sides? Surely you have to question a man's judgement with that going on. 

Agree with the Tannoy guy....cringe fest every time.

......however.....I will not stand ideally by while such slander is thrown against the glorious Kettlewell, how very dare you sir.

10 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Hate to sound like a fanboy, but think it’s extremely harsh blaming Clark for the first goal. He’s made a fantastic save, and is getting himself back in position and the Ross County boy has played it back to where Clark is coming from. It would have been a sensational save if he’d got down to that when his weight is going the other way. 

I did say it was harsh. If we'd got the 3 points don't think it would have seemed as bad and maybe it looks worse after a few viewings. What we really need of course is an xG stats expert to tell us if he should have saved it. The only way to know for sure. 

I'm likely wrong, like I apparently have been about Danny Swanson. I really hope he's turned a corner. Never doubted his skill and vision but he looked a lot more committed in that game.