Ross County vs St. Johnstone - the Ricky Foster Derby

Well I saw plenty to be enthused about and very much enjoyed the match. Of course it was disappointing not to get the win but plenty else to focus on. 

What I'd especially pick out was McCann though, thought he was really good. To be producing performances like that at this stage of his career is so encouraging. 

Ba-de-ya, you've got Richard Foster,
Ba-de-ya, he's a shit defender,
Ba-de-ya, always gives the ball away... 

14 minutes ago, Radford said:

Well I saw plenty to be enthused about and very much enjoyed the match. Of course it was disappointing not to get the win but plenty else to focus on. 

What I'd especially pick out was McCann though, thought he was really good. To be producing performances like that at this stage of his career is so encouraging. 

Ba-de-ya, you've got Richard Foster,
Ba-de-ya, he's a shit defender,
Ba-de-ya, always gives the ball away... 

Do not disagree. So do we play the same 4:2:3:1 formation next game yes we need to attack therefore the question is if Holt is fit who drops out McCann or Davidson?

Just watched the highlights on youtube (Israel) It was all St Johnstone. County's first was a poor clearance from Ralston and the second was never a free kick. Davidson only has eyes for the ball and the County player sees him coming. He just stands and waits, he makes no attempt to jump for the ball. If anything it should have been a free kick for Saints for obstruction. Poor penalty from May but he got his goal. Did not show much of Swanson and Kennedy but of what it did Swanson's link up play was excellent and Kennedy shot on site. A couple of times May looked disappointed as he was hoping for a cross but one of his shots went in. Overall need to defend better but goals are there IF we attack 4:2:3:1 looked good.

Davidson was up a fraction early for the header, probably compensating for a poor first attempted clearance. I thought it was a free kick.

I fight Chris Kane's corner but to fail with both those chances at the end is so poor. As a striker, what more do you want? 

16 minutes ago, Radford said:

I fight Chris Kane's corner but to fail with both those chances at the end is so poor. As a striker, what more do you want? 

His other input was just as bad. There's no hiding from it, he is nowhere near good enough for Saints. 

Edited by tree house tam

16 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Disagree with you there. Gardyne is under no obligation to jump for the ball at all. Of course that’s a foul.

Seen them given the other way in favour of a Centre back when a Striker does not jump. And always when it is against a goalkeeper. Not doubt we will get Sportscene verdict tonight. 

Just seen the highlights on Saints TV. 

First viewing thought Ralston could've done more with his clearance for the first goal, but a different angle shows the County player manages to get a toe in. Again we fall asleep defensively, and, again, its Davidson who's found ball watching.

Penalty there was a clear foul, and argument Swanson had lost control of the ball but daft to tackle him there anyway. Poor penalty.

May's goal was perfect, exactly how we need to him play, and exactly the type of goal we weren't scoring before and havent scored in years, just beautiful. 

Dont see what happens before our second to talk about the apparent foul, but keeper looks a bit dodgy, ball takes a bounce but it's hardly rocketed at him.

Davidson with a stupid tackle. Every fucking week he does that exact thing and gives away a foul, you think he'd have learned by now. Free kick was unreal, not much you can do about that.

Kanes misses are embarrassing, twice hes got a clear sight of goal, and a chance to have a clean hit with nobody near him. First one he just falls over as he shoots, for no reason. Second one he takes a touch, and then falls over as he shoots for no reason. An actual striker takes one of those chances, at least. After about two seasons of him bottling simple chances you'd think we'd have given up by now, instead we extended his contract 😂

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

His other input was just as bad. There's no hiding from it, he is nowhere near good enough for Saints. 

It was mixed, some nice touches and some poor ones. I think if he takes one or both of those chances, the rest doesn't get mentioned. I think the consensus has always been he's a third or fourth choice. Saints are never going to be able to afford supreme quality in that area and it's one where we should be looking to develop our own players for. 

Of more concern to me is Kerr still going backwards, that chance he gifted Fraser in the second half was alarming. Also worrying that despite having another decent game, Ralston makes another error for their first goal when he doesn't clear his lines. And the xG haters will be sad to know that Clark will probably be marked down for that first goal. The initial save probably won't even be recorded since it was the same move.

Still more positives than negatives but those issues are probably why it was one point instead of three. 

Wonder when Amy will be uploading her videos?