Partick vQueens .

2 hours ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

What has happened to Gary Harkins? Is he still injured?

Thankfully, yes.

Really poor performance today and can’t really complain about the result - Queens were definitely the better team up until they scored, but I feel like after that they retreated far too deep, basically inviting a goal. Luckily for them Kenny Miller slipped on his arse when he had an open goal, but even if we had scored then, or from any of the other half-chances, it wouldn’t have been deserved.

Big job for McCall with this rabble.

14 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Thankfully, yes.

Really poor performance today and can’t really complain about the result - Queens were definitely the better team up until they scored, but I feel like after that they retreated far too deep, basically inviting a goal. Luckily for them Kenny Miller slipped on his arse when he had an open goal, but even if we had scored then, or from any of the other half-chances, it wouldn’t have been deserved.

Big job for McCall with this rabble.

Jobby by name...

or perhaps it's The Shits the way things are going...

That is the legacy of Gary Caldwell - a team with no pace or incision; where the only likely source of goals is a 40 year old; that has 4 full backs, each worse than the next one, and none of whom appear to be able to defend; where the only viable attacking option in reserve is a feeble, gutless loanee, thanks to signing an ALREADY injured player and another who has been injured everywhere he's been and is so again (discarding a player in Doolan who loyalties aside, had one injury of any note in 10 years). 

Unbelievably (or believably so given the scale of the man's delusion), Caldwell believes that team is capable of winning the league...

If McCall was under any illusions after last week's win in Inverness, they'll be long gone this evening. Major squad surgery required in January.

On the game, the only moment of any real quality was the save from Fox; which ironically came shortly after I questioned why we brought him back after he failed to shout for a cross that left McGinty no option but to clear. Still the quietest goalkeeper I've ever watched but that save was miraculous.

We were fairly dominant in terms of possession but created almost no chances, aside from two headers from Miller and the open goal that we conspired to make a pigs ear of. Cardle is a one footed, one paced wee nyaff - he's fucking garbage. Zanatta is a talented but increasingly greedy dribbler; although not sure I'd pass to any of my teammates either. Gordon may as well sit in the stand with me for the amount he contributes.

Hopefully we can shithouse our way to January then sign half the Ayr team.

Sad to see the downturn in Dobbie. Is he carrying an injury or is age just catching up with him?

Unplayable at times last season but this term it looks like old Uncle Time has caught up with him.

30 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Sad to see the downturn in Dobbie. Is he carrying an injury or is age just catching up with him?

Unplayable at times last season but this term it looks like old Uncle Time has caught up with him.

giphy (5).gif

The Jags fans on here are (mostly) being kind to us, if they had scored in the last 15 we would have said a draw was about right. We maybe edged the first hour, but once ahead we retreated further and further back, we defended stoutly but if you invite the opposition to ping the ball into your box multiple times, one can easily go in.

We still have problems in midfield, we never played the ball around much, when closed down we relied on the hopeful punt upfield too often.

We apparently have the best defence in the league, a lot of that is down to McRorie who as well as being confident in his handling gives the back 4 comfort as well.

And Dobbie will score again some time. 

I thought we were simultaneously not very good and a bit unlucky to lose, summed up by Kenny Miller's day, failing to score with two free headers and slipping on his arse with an open goal.

My main concern as is most people's is the lack of options off the bench. Cole was good and reminds me of Gary Fraser, whether that's a good or bad thing is TBD but he's a deep lying midfielder. De Vita is a shadow of the player he was at RC and Livi, whether it's age, injury, confidence, or a mixture of all 3 I don't know. Beyond that we had 2 full backs and 2 centre halves as our outfield subs.  I don't think Mansell is the answer but given the 4 defenders on the bench and the facts our entire second half gameplan was get crosses in and his one good game came away at QoS on the last day of last season, it's odd he wasn't involved. Beyond that we have Alex Jones who hadn't set the heather alight prior to his injury, and Mitch Austin, who appears to have been signed to play FIFA on PS4 for our soon to be launched eSports team.

Goal was up the other end from me but I will never ever be confident with Fox in goals at set pieces, some save in the first half tho.

I've gone from "just survive" to "we can make 4th" to "yeah, just survive" in the space of 8 days. Some team.