Dundee vs Arbroath

Thought we missed whatley and murphy in midfield today although glad to see gold back... hoping he isn't out next week as went down just before half time? 

Young loanees done fine, although it felt forced for me dick trying to accommodate them (in reality he has to or we won't get a chance to get loans in the future as they could sit on the bench anywhere) when IMO we had better opinions of our own on the bench. People also saying miko was our man of the match must be on drugs if anything thought Stirling had a better game than him! 

Poor result although confirmed a few things or me, Stevie should 100% start over Donnelly - we maybe didn't score but even his presence, working the defenders, winning balls, creating passes is something I didn't see last week. 

Dick doesn't know his best 11 and he needs to work it out for us to pick up points rather than changing so much. in dick we trust!!! 

11 hours ago, Daydream said:

Hope all the DD11 girls and boys had a cracking day in the big smoke

And what a sporting lot they are too (not). Byrne clearly got a really sore one which you could see as he struggled to get to his feet and hobble off the park, yet the away fans thought it appropriate to boo him

Three defeats on the trot but against the bigger/better teams in the league. We look reasonably organised and capable defensively but don’t seem to have the same pressing bite in midfield (which was one key to the two victories so far) and only intermittently pose an attacking threat. Thought Doris did OK upfront but thin pickings. We need to hold onto the ball for a bit longer in spells and a few less aimless long balls forward. Bobby had his poorest game yesterday - did he put too much pressure on himself playing in his hometown.

We were second best yesterday but Dundee were fairly turgid and we could maybe have sneaked something. Fairly sure there was at least one clear handball in the fracas after we hit the post.

The pitch was overwatered - no need on a cold autumn afternoon. Players were losing their footing at odd times

Wouldn't fancy being a Dundee player playing at Dens when things aren't going right, the wailing and moaning from the home support when the Dundee players didn't make a forward pass was laughable and that started almost immediately the game started.

Wouldn't fancy being a Dundee player playing at Dens when things aren't going right, the wailing and moaning from the home support when the Dundee players didn't make a forward pass was laughable and that started almost immediately the game started.

Problem is we’ve watched a succession of managers think they can get us to play like Barcelona, only for teams to have one chance and win 1-0.

Playing out from the back is fine if you actually look like creating something and for years we just haven’t. Even today for all this great passing, neither goal started with the ball with our defenders.

Positivity will come, but after last season especially it’s going to take time.

Not a great match to watch - very scrappy .

Dundee created the more chances and deserved their win - but Arbroath were not at their best.

Arbroath were given a bad run of matches playing the 3 best teams in the league back to back - there won't be any easy games, but perhaps the toughest games have now been played.

There is no reason why Arbroath can't take points of both the Dundee teams at Gayfield .

Did the admission price and bad weather have an effect on the number of away supporters ? Decent away support, but less than a few weeks ago across the road at Tannadice.

Last point, and it's a sore one. I parked the car outside Tannadice, there were no double yellow line or any signs saying no parking ( there were some parking cones, but a decent distance between each another to allow for parking. When I returned to the car there was a parking ticket - noticed other Arbroath fans had parking tickets too - surely there should be proper signs up saying no parking ?

So, a ridiculous admission price, followed by a parking fine - Dundee council certainly know how to attract people to their attractions.

5 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

I parked the car outside Tannadice, there were no double yellow line or any signs saying no parking ( there were some parking cones, but a decent distance between each another to allow for parking. When I returned to the car there was a parking ticket - noticed other Arbroath fans had parking tickets too - surely there should be proper signs up saying no parking ?

I think I know why you managed to find a free parking space where you did so close to the ground.

20 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Last point, and it's a sore one. I parked the car outside Tannadice, there were no double yellow line or any signs saying no parking ( there were some parking cones, but a decent distance between each another to allow for parking. When I returned to the car there was a parking ticket - noticed other Arbroath fans had parking tickets too - surely there should be proper signs up saying no parking ?

You parked between no parking cones, and were surprised at getting a ticket. Cmon man, think about that for a minute. 

Edited by srw

8 minutes ago, srw said:

You parked between no parking cones, and were surprised at getting a ticket. Cmon man, think about that for a minute. 

The cones were set up randomly along the street, they were unevenly dispersed.

No sensible law abiding person would park between two parking cones - the point I am making is there was a lot of distance between the cones, which is normal circumstances would suggest that parking bays have been reserved or that you can't park in that area - we all understand that.

However, putting down random cones with yards and yards of spaces to park a few car in between is ridiculous.

If they don't want you park there then the council should put up a restricted sign - this is nothing short of ripping off football fans.

1 minute ago, clashcityrocker said:

No sensible law abiding person would park between two parking cones - the point I am making is there was a lot of distance between the cones, which is normal circumstances would suggest that parking bays have been reserved or that you can't park in that area - we all understand that.

However, putting down random cones with yards and yards of spaces to park a few car in between is ridiculous.

If they don't want you park there then the council should put up a restricted sign - this is nothing short of ripping off football fans.

Out of interest why did you think the yellow cones with the no waiting / parking symbols on them were there?

Did you think it was a Banksy art exhibition?

Absolute non-event of a game from an Arbroath point of view. As mentioned we have a good, well organised defence but this is completely cancelled out by the fact we offer nothing going forward. Surprised to see Virtanen getting so many MOTM shouts, didn’t think he was very special and thought Stirling was just as good, if not better. Whatley and Murphy need to be our starting pairing IMO.

Absolute non-event of a game from an Arbroath point of view. As mentioned we have a good, well organised defence but this is completely cancelled out by the fact we offer nothing going forward. Surprised to see Virtanen getting so many MOTM shouts, didn’t think he was very special and thought Stirling was just as good, if not better. Whatley and Murphy need to be our starting pairing IMO.

He was the best of a bad bunch

I know what you mean. They do the same on the street outside the Derry and every time I walk past it I always think to myself that there is no reason why I couldn’t park there. You could try appealing the ticket claiming that there was no adequate signage saying thy you couldn’t park there. It’s definitely not clear that you can’t park on those areas.

29 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I know what you mean. They do the same on the street outside the Derry and every time I walk past it I always think to myself that there is no reason why I couldn’t park there. You could try appealing the ticket claiming that there was no adequate signage saying thy you couldn’t park there. It’s definitely not clear that you can’t park on those areas.

I took photos and have an appeal is going in tomorrow morning.

Normally when you cones are on the road or pavement this means that the parking area or bay has been reserved, but to put parking cones randomly in a street and expect the motorist to know you can't park in an area with no cones is ridiculous - you could have parked 2 - 3 buses with the gap between the cones.

If the council don't want fans parking there, why not put up permanent signs with the restricted hours ?

Bizarre arrangement putting cones out at random on a street with huge gaps for cars to park between the cones.

1 hour ago, Lichtie78 said:

100% agree, was starting to think I'd had one too many pints as I just didn't think he showed much at all