Dundee vs Arbroath

Just now, lichtie23 said:

Terrible today.

Aye there wasn't much for you boys to be positive about tbh. It looks like a long season ahead but if you can do the dabs in the league a couple of times I will make you my second favourite team. In fact, will I f**k as I've just remembered you've got that dab @1320Lichtie moving amongst you. 

Just do the dabs anyway. Thank you. 

Aye there wasn't much for you boys to be positive about tbh. It looks like a long season ahead but if you can do the dabs in the league a couple of times I will make you my second favourite team. In fact, will I f**k as I've just remembered you've got that dab [mention=14721]1320Lichtie[/mention] moving amongst you. 
Just do the dabs anyway. Thank you. 

No comment

Anyone moaning about that performance can piss off. Shaky first half no doubt, but showed resolve to get that goal and didn't look back. The second half was possibly our best half of the season so far. Aside from one chance where Arbroath hit the post we didn't really look back, played really well.

That showing from McDaid was coming, and he played great. Happy with everyone in that game, and Mackie looked far more natural in a winger-type role that at LB.

Hopefully Marshall just aggravated a muscle and will be fine for next week. Also hoping Byrne isn't badly injured, but it looked bad from where I was.

Very happy today, undefeated at home in the league still, let's keep this momentum going.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Anyone moaning about that performance can piss off. Shaky first half no doubt, but showed resolve to get that goal and didn't look back. The second half was possibly our best half of the season so far. Aside from one chance where Arbroath hit the post we didn't really look back, played really well.

That showing from McDaid was coming, and he played great. Happy with everyone in that game, and Mackie looked far more natural in a winger-type role that at LB.

Hopefully Marshall just aggravated a muscle and will be fine for next week. Also hoping Byrne isn't badly injured, but it looked bad from where I was.

Very happy today, undefeated at home in the league still, let's keep this momentum going.

A lot to be positive about today despite not carving them open and creating loads of chances, but let's be honest, what teams are? Trying to be very direct in first and last 10 minutes of first half and for the majority of the 2nd. 

McDaid always looks to try to make things happen - doesn't always come off but he wouldn't be in the 2nd tier of Scottish football if it did. 

Without looking back over previous years I'd guess being unbeaten in the league at Dens even at this early stage in the season is unusual. 

Mrs McPake will have a good night tonight. 

Edited by Dee Man
...in the league...

The game took a bit of time to get going but that's always going to be the case against teams that are happy to sit in and hope for a point.

Two great goals from McDaid, the second in particular a thing of beauty. 

I can't really remember any significant threat from Arbroath. They had a few corners in quick succession after our second but I can't really remember Hamilton having a save to make.

The game took a bit of time to get going but that's always going to be the case against teams that are happy to sit in and hope for a point.
I can't really remember any significant threat from Arbroath. They had a few corners in quick succession after our second but I can't really remember Hamilton having a save to make.
We hit the post, but apart from that we never looked scoring. A pretty boring game tbh and once we went behind couldn't really see a way back for us. Dundee were pretty average as well.

Two very good finishes from McPake but can't understand those Dees that thought he had a great game. Continually gives the ball away and doesn't show for the ball nearly enough. Mind you if he played like that and scored 2 every week I wouldn't complain. Dorrans MOM for me, his undoubted ability beginning to shine through. McGhee very good again, our most consistent performer so far this season

That was a bit better today, still want 2 forwards on the park though. Sorry to say but we looked better defensively without Cammy in the side. 

Like the look of Dorrans and you see the difference when he’s on the ball. Once everyone’s fit I’d put him where Gowser played in that formation with Ness taking over his position. 

2nd half was probably as good as we’ve been this season. Positive signs that maybe things are starting to gel a bit. 

Edited by Yenitit

Two very good finishes from McPake but can't understand those Dees that thought he had a great game. Continually gives the ball away and doesn't show for the ball nearly enough. Mind you if he played like that and scored 2 every week I wouldn't complain. Dorrans MOM for me, his undoubted ability beginning to shine through. McGhee very good again, our most consistent performer so far this season
Mcdaid

34 minutes ago, keptie said:
1 hour ago, The Master said:

We hit the post, but apart from that we never looked scoring. A pretty boring game tbh and once we went behind couldn't really see a way back for us. Dundee were pretty average as well.

Dundee were indeed average but Arbroath were nowhere near as good as that.