Dundee vs Arbroath

24 minutes ago, Lancashirearab said:

My dad is a Dundee fan. His grandaughter is taking him to the game as a birthday present.  The last time he was at Dens was to see Cannigia. Do you think he will notice any changes?

When he sees Bobby Linn, he will think Cannigia has had a haircut. 

I was wondering if someone with a statto like mind could help me?

Have Arbroath and Dundee only played one another once competitively since 1979? Which would have been 8 years ago?

Saturday 23rd July 2011 - 1st Round Ramsden Cup - 2011/2012 Season

Arbroath 1 - 2 Dundee (AET)

Elfverson 77 - Dundee - Milne 79, O’Donnell 91

We also played a pre-season friendly on 8th July 2017 - in a 2-1 win for Dundee - 17th min pen by Doris, El Bakhtoui 81, and Wolters 84th min sealed the win.

Then we also played in a friendly at Gayfield on Tuesday 10th January 2017 - Goals by Haber and Wighton sealed a friendly win.

4 minutes ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

I was wondering if someone with a statto like mind could help me?

Have Arbroath and Dundee only played one another once competitively since 1979? Which would have been 8 years ago?

Saturday 23rd July 2011 - 1st Round Ramsden Cup - 2011/2012 Season

Arbroath 1 - 2 Dundee (AET)

Elfverson 77 - Dundee - Milne 79, O’Donnell 91

We also played a pre-season friendly on 8th July 2017 - in a 2-1 win for Dundee - 17th min pen by Doris, El Bakhtoui 81, and Wolters 84th min sealed the win.

Then we also played in a friendly at Gayfield on Tuesday 10th January 2017 - Goals by Haber and Wighton sealed a friendly win.

According to Dundee's preview, we faced off in the 1994-95 Challenge Cup (17/09/94).

Dundee 5-0 Arbroath

Would kill for that result this Saturday lol.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

If you don’t want to pay the entrance fee, don’t go. Simple as. Boring as f**k reading people greet about it.

I think I’d bring Spence in for Donnelly here. We really are lacking up top and I have a feeling we’ll just keep rotating Doris/LD/Spence until Jan as none of them are really good enough to start every week in the championship.

The back 4 picks itself, but I think Gaston is breathing heavily down DJs back just now, wouldn’t be surprised if he either plays on Saturday or keeps his place following the challenge cup game next week.

In midfield I’d bring Gold back in. Fair enough he was dropped after missing training through a wedding but we need his energy in there. Murphy and Whatley not great last week but got enough credit in the bank from their performances this season imo. McKenna and Linn on the wings pick themselves just now, but another option there is needed. Scott Stewart any closer to a comeback?

Dundee not been great but got some good individual players who make the differences in games like these, worried for us if we concede early again.

Would agree except upfront

Big fan of Spence but would like to see Stevie get his shot

After last week DC said there'll be a few changes in the paper Monday

Doris, Gold and Virtanen for me

Would agree except upfront

Big fan of Spence but would like to see Stevie get his shot

After last week DC said there'll be a few changes in the paper Monday

Doris, Gold and Virtanen for me

Yeah wouldn’t be against that at all. Am I right in saying Doris only started opening day vs QOTS, and then ICT where he got injured?As I said above I think we’ll see LD/Spence/Doris all get a decent amount of starts before January.

Couple of interesting weeks it's been for Jack Hamilton. First having a player with the same name scoring against him last week, and this week he's playing against his brother Colin. The Hamilton family will truly be split today.

No fucking chance anyone predicted that line up. Mackie in at RB? Meekings in, Hemmings solo up front... what a bizarre team selection. Looks like a 5-4-1, feels like it could be completely different for all I know. Hopefully it's so wacky it just might work, and McPake's playing 4-dimensional chess.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee