Raith Rovers vs Falkirk - 5th October

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Probably because 'rubbish' is relative. Compared to the premier league / champions league / world cup then every level in Scottish football is rubbish, all the crowds are rubbish, all the grounds are rubbish, and all the clubs are rubbish, everything is fucking shite. A surprising number of football fans seem to put the bar for rubbish, just below the level they're used to playing at. I'm sure Dundee Utd fans made a big show of saying how rubbish the championship was and I'm sure that was equally as boring as Falkirk fans are being now.

When this wee group of Falkirk fans incessantly talk about L1 being "rubbish", "turgid", what they're really trying to do constantly sound the klaxon showing that they're used to watching a higher level. We all get it pals. We get there's a gap between L1 and the Championship, we get that Falkirk are the biggest club in L1 and that they've been in the Championship or higher for a long time and 99% of folk couldn't give a shit about it.

^^^ This, exactly this!!!

A season of having to suffer their maudlin self-pity doesn’t bare thinking about, but like the Rovers, they’ll be used to it by next season!!!

ACA1E401-258D-40C9-94EA-11DD9B5CA224.jpeg

As for the game, this should be a good match.

Falkirk for all their flaws will go above us if they win, and have shown on occasion this season that they have the quality within the squad to get results. I would say man for man they are the best squad in the league by a bit, but one thing I think Mclgynn has done well for us so far is build an actual team rather than an assortment of random players which is how we started last season. All things considered, there should be nothing between the sides.

Losing Vaughan is huge for us, although we've done alright without him so far this season. Cant help but feel this is the type of game where he can make the difference though. I've seen Allan been compared to Graham Weir by a few folk, which isnt an unfair comparison I guess, but Weir had the benefit of playing alongside some very good out and out strikers who benefited from his workrate. I think Grant Anderson is doing a similar job to him, whilst actually adding goal threat to his game. Without the quality of Vaughan in amongst there, Allan has to bring more to the table than he is. Forfar at the weekend was a prime example of my frustrations with him - getting into good positions but his final ball and shot really let him down. Baird will add some quality, but I think he needs to get up to speed. I think he touched the ball twice on Saturday, and that was to blaze it over the bar.

All to play for, and great to be going into this game top - leaving Methil last month I really feared the worse that we would be adrift by now, and even if we drop points we will better off than I thought - but being honest if we are to have genuine title credentials then we need to be looking to win this.

Falkirk didnt play that badly in the cup game, and I imagine they will have a good 5/6 changes from that match. I thought they moved the ball really well, just lacked any kind of cutting edge. But Gomis/Tidser are quality players, and Sammon and Mcmanus should be standouts at this level - they all missed the cup match, and I imagine at some point they are going to click into gear.

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:
On 29/09/2019 at 03:39, pantene proV said:
I said to my mate he's Graham Weir without the runs into the channels, the effort or the goals. 
Weiry was twice the player Allan is

Weir was garbage he ran about like a headless chicken with little to no return.

😂 f**k. Off. 

Don't see us getting anything. Our best hope is that sadly for the lad Vaughan looks to be out for an extended period or I believe Raith would win this league comfortably.

We are a club in turmoil managed by a jobber who has done nothing in the game. He was backed in the summer but should be emptied if we are to have any chance

Would like to see Bowie in the mix at some point his physicality and energy are fuckingbunsettling considering he should be at school. Is Baird likely to start? He is a pain in the arse to play against as well.