Raith Rovers vs Falkirk - 5th October

On 28/09/2019 at 20:46, Broken Algorithms said:

Shame this isn't taking place in Falkirk as if we managed to get in front then McKinnon would be getting 15,000 Roentgen worth of heat. I can see Lewis Allan getting a lot of stick off our fans only to bang in a goal. McGlynn was spot on in his interview about the effort he puts in. I said last week he's a larger version of Graham Weir.  

Whilst the counter in the Falkirk dugout displays 3.6.

Sorry but this league stinks like a rancid kipper.
We are in it as we had an absolute holocaust of a season last year and whilst we have not reached those depths yet this time out we are still badly underperforming.
So far it has been as much fun as I expected, absolutely fucking turgid.

Your name is so appropriate. Reggie Perrin 1 lived in a dream world too.

Ray is already planning on how not to lose this rather than planning on how to win it. 
0-0 is 12/1 at bet365, could be worth a wee punt.

Always better backing ‘no scorer’ than a 0-0. If the game finishes 1-0 with an own goal you’ll still get your money.

Why are other teams fans desperate to defend the quality of the league. It’s rubbish. Doesn’t mean we aren’t rubbish too, and we certainly deserve to be here after last year, but let’s not pretend it’s something that it’s not.

Hopefully somehow scrape a win.

11 minutes ago, Trump said:

Why are other teams fans desperate to defend the quality of the league. It’s rubbish. Doesn’t mean we aren’t rubbish too, and we certainly deserve to be here after last year, but let’s not pretend it’s something that it’s not.

You are not getting it.  Nobody is defending anything regarding the quality of league 1, the quality insults are just a figment of your imagination.

The Championship teams that get relegated were the worst, crappiest teams when in that league.  That doesn't mean the other Championship teams who didn't get relegated played quality football, it simply means you were the worst and crappiest.  The others can only claim to not being the worst and crappiest, certainly they cannot claim that they played quality football, I have witnessed that fact.  If you think otherwise, then you are kidding yourself on.

What people are saying is that the league is competitive and even the full time teams will not have an easy time of it basically.  So please, give the rest of us a break from the continual jibes from some of your supporters.  The Raith boys were guitly of the same shite when relegated, but now in their 3 L1 season, they are beginning to realise the folly of the shite they were posting.

1 hour ago, Trump said:

Always better backing ‘no scorer’ than a 0-0. If the game finishes 1-0 with an own goal you’ll still get your money.

Hopefully somehow scrape a win.

It is a form of self-delusion. They can fool themselves into believing that their teams are not that bad. We are indeed shit too, but, as you say, let's not pretend that this league is anything other than utter shit. A half decent team would walk this league.

The biggest obstacle to us winning the league is not the other teams, it is our clueless manager. I would be fairly happy with where we are sitting in the table right now if the team at least looked like they were going to click, but it's turgid shit most weeks. 

If Ray does see the season out, there is no way he should get a new contract next year. 

2 hours ago, YoungersPaleAle said:

It's a nightmare for you because you are finding out the reality that you are no better than the other teams in league 1, as many other championship clubs have often found out.

Sorry but its a nightmare because it is every bit as turgid as I expected an opinion that I shared on here many a time before the season started.

I have never been of the opinion that we would stroll this league, we have been rank rotten for three seasons now and are "enjoying" the consequences of being a shambles from Boardroom down.

So, I looked at the Falkirk v East Fife highlights, listened to the Falkirk complaints, and contrasted with the Falkirk team I watched at Stark’s Park a few weeks ago.
In the Cup match, with more of a backup team, Falkirk looked dangerous with the crosses from the deep wing, the few times they did that. Otherwise, the form seemed to be batter at the middle to break through, with a few lobbed in efforts from 30 yards out. Play from back to midfield was fine, but little connection to the forwards.
For the EF match, I could only see highlights, but there was plenty of comment on the shelling of shots into the box. The highlights showed a couple of those awful deliveries, with the player delivering the lob under no pressure to release the ball. The Falkirk team in those Falkirk highlights looked less threatening than the Cup team we faced.
I see two likely scenarios here; one is that this form of play is simply a reflection of the team and strategy Ray has setup, the second is that there is a conditioning issue for Falkirk. The presumption last year was that Raith would prevail at the end because they were a full-time team whose players should be better conditioned...and we found that to be rather untrue.
One thing is for sure, Bell alone can keep Falkirk in the race until something changes...if it changes. How much can the ownership afford to spend revamping the team in Jan, because it looks like a lot of deadwood needs clearing from the Falkirk thread comments.

You need to get out more.

I personally don't think Rovers fans were that wrong at all. 
We deserve to be here as do Falkirk, but that doesent mean fans should be happy at being in this league and staying in it. This league was won by full time teams every single season from 12-13 to 17-18, being the only full time side last season and not even mounting a challenge was an absolute disgrace then and is now. 
This league has some good players, even some excellent ones.  However, the standard is nowhere near the championship. Queens were better than anyone we played in this league last season by miles.  We deserve to be here, and this may be our natural level soon enough. However its natural that having spent 8 or 9 seasons at Championship level, most of them quite comfortably, to be frustrated at making such a weak attempt at getting out this league 
Falkirk will have far more money than anyone else, a far bigger fan base and a bigger budget. Not to mention the only totally full time side, and probably have the best squad of players man for man in the league. Their fans are entitled to feel pissed off if expectations aren't met.
That isn't disrespectful to the other teams in this league at all. The difference in resource/size of club Falkirk face here is the equivalent of East Fife dropping to the Lowland League.  Of course that would be met with nothing but respect and admiration for the other clubs....

Finally someone actually does get it. Would greeny this twice after reading the same drivel week in week out.

I think there might be something else which is being missed here. When I (or my mates etc.) say that being in this league is fucking brutal, it has barely anything to do with the quality of football on show (as has been discussed above, if you want quality football, stay in and watch elite games on TV). The lack of any away crowds makes 50% of league games soulless ghost games. And the travel links to a fair deal of away games are also horrific, with three not even having a train station (Forfar, Peterhead, East Fife). Being in the championship has the bonus of sizable away crowds making the atmosphere far better - regardless of the quality of football.  

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

That isn't disrespectful to the other teams in this league at all. The difference in resource/size of club Falkirk face here is the equivalent of East Fife dropping to the Lowland League.  Of course that would be met with nothing but respect and admiration for the other clubs....

This is spot on. Our average crowds were about 7x higher than East Fife's last season. Rangers were roughly 7x the crowds of Dundee.

11 hours ago, Trump said:

Probably because 'rubbish' is relative. Compared to the premier league / champions league / world cup then every level in Scottish football is rubbish, all the crowds are rubbish, all the grounds are rubbish, and all the clubs are rubbish, everything is fucking shite. A surprising number of football fans seem to put the bar for rubbish, just below the level they're used to playing at. I'm sure Dundee Utd fans made a big show of saying how rubbish the championship was and I'm sure that was equally as boring as Falkirk fans are being now.

When this wee group of Falkirk fans incessantly talk about L1 being "rubbish", "turgid", what they're really trying to do constantly sound the klaxon showing that they're used to watching a higher level. We all get it pals. We get there's a gap between L1 and the Championship, we get that Falkirk are the biggest club in L1 and that they've been in the Championship or higher for a long time and 99% of folk couldn't give a shit about it.

29 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Probably because 'rubbish' is relative. Compared to the premier league / champions league / world cup then every level in Scottish football is rubbish, all the crowds are rubbish, all the grounds are rubbish, and all the clubs are rubbish, everything is fucking shite. A surprising number of football fans seem to put the bar for rubbish, just below the level they're used to playing at. I'm sure Dundee Utd fans made a big show of saying how rubbish the championship was and I'm sure that was equally as boring as Falkirk fans are being now.

When this wee group of Falkirk fans incessantly talk about L1 being "rubbish", "turgid", what they're really trying to do constantly sound the klaxon showing that they're used to watching a higher level. We all get it pals. We get there's a gap between L1 and the Championship, we get that Falkirk are the biggest club in L1 and that they've been in the Championship or higher for a long time and 99% of folk couldn't give a shit about it.

TRUE DAT!! 😎

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Brilliantly put that man 😁