Raith Rovers vs Falkirk - 5th October

23 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Wasn’t the attitude of your fans pre season when you were creaming yourselves over Tidser and other bang average ex Morton players were launching themselves at you.

You know you’re shite now, though, and guess what, so are we, so are Forfar, Stranraer.... you’re one of us!

I think that’s what we are trying to say. The league is absolute garbage and the quality of football is abysmal.

The quality I’ve seen so far this season, Falkirk included, has been awful.

51 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Sorry but this league stinks like a rancid kipper.
We are in it as we had an absolute holocaust of a season last year and whilst we have not reached those depths yet this time out we are still badly underperforming.
So far it has been as much fun as I expected, absolutely fucking turgid.

I disagree. I think this is a decent league and a good mix this season. Pretty much all of the teams are capable of taking points of each other as has been proven so far.I

Falkirk and Raith are here because they aren't good enough for the championship. They might have the stadium and the full time status but that equates to the square root of f**k all if yer team can't cut it.

Enjoy your stay. The rest of us are here to make life difficult. X

Just now, Stevo Fife said:

I disagree. I think this is a decent league and a good mix this season. Pretty much all of the teams are capable of taking points of each other as has been proven so far.I

Falkirk and Raith are here because they aren't good enough for the championship. They might have the stadium and the full time status but that equates to the square root of f**k all if yer team can't cut it.

Enjoy your stay. The rest of us are here to make life difficult. X

You honestly think the quality in this league is decent ?

9 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

No I don’t actually. I think this league is really poor though.

And your aggression is unwarranted.

Poor in what respect? Are you seriously bigging up the championship as a plethora of high quality football?

You have to have a bit of sympathy for anyone trying to manage the national team. The poor guy is  on a hiding to nothing with the dross this country produces.

I wasn't being aggressive but if my use of the f word offended you I apologise.

The fact that Falkirk have been pretty shite, yet could end the first quarter top of the league shows that this league isn't exactly great. 

There are decent players in this league, and teams are capable of playing some good football. However the gap between this league and the championship is massive. 

4 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

Poor in what respect? Are you seriously bigging up the championship as a plethora of high quality football?

You have to have a bit of sympathy for anyone trying to manage the national team. The poor guy is  on a hiding to nothing with the dross this country produces.

I wasn't being aggressive but if my use of the f word offended you I apologise.

No I don’t think any of the leagues are great.

Thanks for your apology. I just thought you were being aggressive but get you weren’t.

Fair play to you. Most people wouldn’t have responded to a claim that you’re really boring and unfunny with a meme that’s really boring and unfunny, but you did.

Aiming high but missing low there mate, but good to see that it bothers you enough to comment!!!

Let’s look at this from a purely analytical point of view. You could probably make 2 Championship competitive teams from the entire roster of all the League One teams. That’s 22 players out of about 200, call it 11%. The majority of the rest of the players fall into one of three categories because of the promotion/relegation system.

1. Limited players at the relative top of their game.

2. Older, higher level players in decline.

3. Young player with potential but lacking experience and playing time.

Players in category one have no real incentive to win the league, because they will likely be left behind. Some will really want to win to prove something, but others will loaf as much as they can. The loafers are a managers issue to resolve. This category of players will generally form the spine of a team. 

Players in category two again have little incentive to win, but generally have the pride in their play that makes them fight to win. These are the kind of players that a manager craves to stiffen their team, but only a few.

Players in category three are often loanees, and managers are heavily pressured to get them playing time, otherwise they know that other incoming loans are less likely. These players have little loyalty, in most cases, but can often deliver the most for a squad.

Falkirk is a team built on ex-Championship players, but there just may be too many of them, and they are under a coach with a overall sub .500 record. There’s very little youth, by soccer standards, and a lot of potentially disgruntled veterans. They are playing a system that obviously doesn’t suit them, shoehorned into it by a coach who has delusions of greatness. Unless something changes, I’d expect a move to bring in category one players in January, if Ray is shitcanned. If he isn’t, the question is can he get this team to perform?

7 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Shame this isn't taking place in Falkirk as if we managed to get in front then McKinnon would be getting 15,000 Roentgen worth of heat. I can see Lewis Allan getting a lot of stick off our fans only to bang in a goal. McGlynn was spot on in his interview about the effort he puts in. I said last week he's a larger version of Graham Weir.  

I said to my mate he's Graham Weir without the runs into the channels, the effort or the goals. 

Weiry was twice the player Allan is

Edited by pantene proV

Allan got himself into some great positions yesterday but had a lack of any kind of quality shot or final ball. First half he got through on goal, and although the angle was tight, it was a pretty tame effort. Second half he got in behind with great opportunities to cross, and was poor with delivery. 

I'm not really sure what he brings to the team that we can't get elsewhere. The effort etc is there, but having a centre forward who doesn't score, or really look like scoring, and has a lack of a final ball, is a bit of a luxury. 

With Vaughan looking likely to be out, we need more threat from him. 

Nice to see the League one bingo has already been completed by the time I find this thread. Wont have to waste my time making sure all Falkirk fans know what league they are in and why. Or that it's tough. Or that there are some good players in it. Or that "wee community clubs" wont just roll ove....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

League 1 is fucking shite. Planned to reserve such comments till after the firdt round of games but close enough. It is fucking shite. All of the teams in it are fucking shite. Falkirk have spent a lot of money to get out of it first time, unfortunately, a diddy manager, and not your "wee community clubs" shite is holding us back. Anyone who doesnt expect money to be the deciding factor most times is an idiot. We will likely throw more money at it in January and hopefully a new manager too. None of the other teams will do this.

Anyway, theres no way we win this match. Play for a draw and end up losing an utter shitfest.

Guest Ecosse83

How is it possible we could be top of the league after the first round of games after how we have played so far this season? This league is rank rotten. 

A Raith win might just be a blessing for us if it pushes McKinnon out the door, we would win the league easily with a half decent manager. McKinnon just doesn't know how to break teams down 😤

14 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

How is it possible we could be top of the league after the first round of games after how we have played so far this season? This league is rank rotten. 

A Raith win might just be a blessing for us if it pushes McKinnon out the door, we would win the league easily with a half decent manager. McKinnon just doesn't know how to break teams down 😤

Whilst I personally think Falkirk will win the league this season, don't quite agree that it's a given that would happen easily. If we win on Sat, we would have 21 points after the first quarter. That's title contending form.