Raith Rovers vs Falkirk - 5th October

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What was it in honour of?

We're using our 'pie for a player' fund to sign Barcelona's numbers ten in January. 

He's no Vaughan, but he should be OK for the seaside league. 

Edited by Specky Ginger

Yeah after watching the highlights, that wasn’t a foul on Allan. Thought it was at the time though. Fair enough. Still a red card though. All. Day. Long. 

Well taken goals from Falkirk, and McGurn being McGurn denying them an easy goal to make it 3-0 before half time. 

Second half All Rovers though, with Falkirk having about 2 shots on goal without testing McGurn. 

Great clearance at the end by Doyle to prevent the complete comeback.

Just disappointed about the starting line up, and even John touched on that in his interview and held his hands up a wee bit. What’s great is that he even changed it before the “CHANGE IT MCGLYNN” shouts began in the South Stand. Fans were good, of course frustrations creep in, but overall even at 2-0 we were still in the game. 

Overall happy with the point, but should have been 3. Falkirk can argue it should have been 3-0 and then it would have been difficult for us to come back from that scoreline. 

14 hours ago, Wardy said:

Nothing like a good meltdown eh? 

I can assure you there’s no meltdown from me, I’ve seen far worse capitulations from Falkirk over the years. Now with the benefit of a half decent highlights picture I can see the first Raith goal was scored by the the guy flicking on the cross, not the guy more advanced, that’s how bad Falkirk TV picture is.

You seem to be having difficulties deciding what you think the score should have been, as you can see from your quote below. Auntie Uncle and Baws come to mind. Just accept it was 2-2 as there’s no reliability in any of the two teams.

Wardy  “Overall happy with the point, but should have been 3. Falkirk can argue it should have been 3-0 and then it would have been difficult for us to come back from that scoreline“

Edited by NUMBER 7

20 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

I can assure you there’s no meltdown from me, I’ve seen far worse capitulations from Falkirk over the years. Now with the benefit of a half decent highlights picture I can see the first Raith goal was scored by the the guy flicking on the cross, not the guy more advanced, that’s how bad Falkirk TV picture is.

You seem to be having difficulties deciding what you think the score should have been, as you can see from your quote below. Auntie Uncle and Baws come to mind. Just accept it was 2-2 as there’s no reliability in any of the two teams.

Wardy  “Overall happy with the point, but should have been 3. Falkirk can argue it should have been 3-0 and then it would have been difficult for us to come back from that scoreline“

Aye probably could have worded a bit better. A draw a fair reflection of the game overall.

Next. 

Just watched the highlights and it looked we were all at sea with that formation. It’s like McGlynn was way too fearful of Falkirk than the players were. Thankfully he realised the formations he used since the addition of Sando does work. That second half though. Wow just wow. Tidser should’ve walked and arrested for that dirty tackle. Arrested might’ve been a bit strong. But bloody hell, that could’ve been a season ender if that’s a word. We never gave up and that’s the fight we’ve lacked for years. COYR

This might be a little cringy. We now have a band of brothers

It is a bit cringy but you’re right, it does seem like we are starting to build a team over the past few weeks, rather than the collection of decent players we had last season (and Falkirk have this season).

Ok it was only a point at home but it still feels like a win due to the manner of fightback and almost sealing the victory. Things have to be upbeat for us whilst in contrast Falkirk must have the feeling of a defeat and chance missed hanging around them. Still a long way to go but I'm sensing a coming together of a very decent team for this level. The last time I had that was the 94-95 season coming away from a 2-1 defeat at Dens in early December (despite cup glory in November). The rest is history.