Raith Rovers vs Falkirk - 5th October

Huge McGlynn fan but he got it badly wrong with the starting line up today. There was no need for the change, Miller has been very good at right wing back and Spencer and Hendry have been excellent in central midfield together. A straight swap with Gullan in for Vaughan was all that was required. Sends the wrong message to the players as well that we are setting up more defensively at home because we don’t think we’re as good as Falkirk.

Falkirk absolutely bossed the first half, they pressed us high up the park and didn’t allow us to build from the back and through midfield as we like to. We seemed to sit off them and Gomis totally ran the show.

However, second half, credit to McGlynn for making the right changes and not leaving it too late. Armstrong was outstanding, goal and an assist and tore the full back to shreds. Even when he was doubled up on he was getting through. 

Hendry and Spencer started to boss the midfield and we were well worth our point in the end. Could have won it if not for an outstanding clearance by Doyle but I think over the 90 minutes a draw was a fair result. 

I’m sure both teams will look at it as 2 points dropped. I still think Falkirk will click at some point and win the league relatively comfortably given the squad they have. However, the longer they keep McKinnon the more hope there is for us.

Also thought Tidser could have been sent off right before he was subbed off. Looked like it was studs up and high but would need to see it again. Strange to see a referee from Kirkcaldy chosen for the match. 

Most typical Falkirk performance ever.

Fist half, brilliant. Rovers were terrible and we should have been out of sight.

Second half we must have got locked in the dressing room because we certainly never showed up.

I also don’t understand the applause from some of our fans at the end of the game. We threw away a 2-0 lead in one of the worst half’s of football I’ve seen.

We’ll win this league IF we change the manager. If we don’t then we won’t, simple.

Arse licking? Get yourself to f**k you absolute slaver.

God forgive anyone shows some emotion after a big game which you followed on your phone. Raith are quite entitled to get it right up us after that. No amount of "small time" or "seethe" or any other made up football forum bullshit will compensate for how they feel compared to us.

Just now, MrDust said:

Feel free to troll through my posts, you won't find any praising Tidser at Morton other than 2 and a half decent decent games against us, not wow wow but decent.

You won't find any praising him at Falkirk either !!

Finding it funny the Raith fans are celebrating and victorious after a 2-2, whereas in reality it was a half each but Raith dominated their half more.

Was this your cup final ?

A draw today kept us top. If you are not going to celebrate a result that keeps your team top of the league then whats the point of even attending football games.

6 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Feel free to troll through my posts, you won't find any praising Tidser at Morton other than 2 and a half decent decent games against us, not wow wow but decent.

Finding it funny the Raith fans are celebrating and victorious after a 2-2, whereas in reality it was a half each but Raith dominated their half more.

Huvnae got there yet, mind you we humped some team (!!) 2-0 at Stark's on the way....Glenavon up next!!

Edited by Wee Sandy

Most typical Falkirk performance ever.

Fist half, brilliant. Rovers were terrible and we should have been out of sight.

Second half we must have got locked in the dressing room because we certainly never showed up.

I also don’t understand the applause from some of our fans at the end of the game. We threw away a 2-0 lead in one of the worst half’s of football I’ve seen.

We’ll win this league IF we change the manager. If we don’t then we won’t, simple.

All the supporters around me were applauding Baird, not Falkirk.

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Are you joking? We couldn't have tried to "hold on" any more if we had tried. That's why we lost. 

"Reactionary shite posted on here" levels of arse licking here

God forgive anyone shows some emotion after a big game which you followed on your phone. Raith are quite entitled to get it right up us after that. No amount of "small time" or "seethe" or any other made up football forum bullshit will compensate for how they feel compared to us.

Who watched the game on their phone ?

McGlynn cost us 3 points today by starting with 6 defenders, I really thought we were onto a hiding but credit where it's due the change at half time completely swung it in our favour and could well have won it towards the end.

Not that often you leave having been thoroughly entertained but that was a fantastic spectacle today, maybe, just maybe we can do this.

9 minutes ago, MrDust said:

There’s a difference you throw a 2 -nil lead away and clearly couldn’t play any better 2nd half we were brutal first half but clearly played to our full potential 2nd half  lucky for Falkirk we didn’t turn up first half so why wouldn’t you celebrate drawing a game under the circumstances.

As for a cup final you aren’t a big team anymore so get over yourself your mince 

Was almost hoping for a raith winner at the end as the the McKinnon get tae f**k chant would of started

First half we were good nothing special.
2nd half raith were good as doubled up on dixon.
Wasn't that impressed with Raith considering the way some have been wanking over them bang average team just like us

14 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Absolutely fucking raging. 

9 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

A draw today kept us top. If you are not going to celebrate a result that keeps your team top of the league then whats the point of even attending football games.

In October ?

thats like Airdrie celebrating being top before a ball is kicked !!!

8 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Huvnae got there yet, mind you we humped some team (!!) 2-0 at Stark's on the way....Glenavon up next!!

The tunnocks cup is where its at......well for Raith

Just now, MrDust said:

In October ?

The tunnocks cup is where its at......well for Raith

😂😂😂.....that'll be the Cup you are NOT in,then? 

BTW, We are top of the league tonight...no one said anything about winning the league in October....you really should read posts before you reply...

PS   You on the Stella....?

Just now, MrDust said:

In October ?

Well we have been the best team over the first quarter of the season and after todays game there is no reason to believe we won't be top for the other 3/4's too.

I'll enjoy my Saturday night anyway