Raith Rovers vs Falkirk - 5th October

2 minutes ago, Russ said:

That’s what we deserve for how we’ve played this half. Great free kick tbf but fucking hell we’ve absolutely shat the bed.

If I recall some of the previous comments, you’ve been a bit worried on conditioning...is that perhaps part of what’s happening? Something seems off in the midfield after a very impressive first half.

Our full backs have more goals than Salmon lmao
Gomis, Telfer and Tidser must be the worst three full time midfielders in Scotland, absolutely fucking stinking footballers.
The standard of your posting at either end of the thread.

Plenty.

If I recall some of the previous comments, you’ve been a bit worried on conditioning...is that perhaps part of what’s happening? Something seems off in the midfield after a very impressive first half.

Nah I think it was all down to your change of shape and mentality. Your midfield was so passive that first half and we completely dominated. The injury to Benedictus was the best thing that could happen for youse. Went to a 4-2-3-1 it looked like to me and we kept the narrow front 3 meaning our midfield was getting dragged all over the place and we resorted to hoof balls up to Steven Anderson all half.

Both managers have thrown away two points.

To expand on this, as predicted before kick off, McGlynn got his set up disastrously wrong. Falkirk's narrow midfield had their work done for them and won't have an easier 45 minutes nullifying an opposition midfield. That wouldn't have been an issue with proper wing backs, but McKay had an abysmal time on the right hand side.

However, credit to McGlynn for making the change at half time, especially having been already forced into one substition. And lols to Ray McKinnon for not recognising or reacting to the change. Asking any one of his midfielders to do nothing but protect the left back would've won Falkirk that game.

Based on all the available evidence, if we'd started with Armstrong at right wing-back, even if he can't defend for a minute, we'd have won that 3 or 4-1.

That said, for all the tactical naivety, it was a barnstorming game. Disappointing not to win, in the end. Despite the ostensible strength of their squad, Falkirk look seriously hamstrung by McKinnon. In a "nothing changes until the gaffer goes" kind of way. You'll win more games than you lose with the quality of the squad, but I'm much more confident about our title chances than I was at 2.45pm.