Raith Rovers vs Falkirk - 5th October

The logic of these Fife roasters is amazing.
Falkirk are 'rancid', 'shite', and 'ropey', yet their superstars drew 2-2 with them.
Some thought lads please before you go making a cock of yourselves ('yourselfs' is not a word).

Circumstances matter. I wouldn’t have been happy with a point pre-match, but to be two behind at half time, having lost our captain to injury, it’s not at all difficult to see why we ended up being delighted with it. East Fife drawing with Stranraer was the cherry on the cake.

Cold light of day? Quite possibly a better point for Falkirk than us. Head-to-head can end up really mattering in title races. I remember being happy enough with a home draw against Ayr in our first season down, came from behind, kept us top and didn’t cede any ground, etc. The extra two points we could’ve won that day would’ve, ultimately, made the difference come May.

But, here and now, the draw keeps us top at the end of Q1 having looked like we were in full crisis mode on August 31st. You could also argue we had six players out (seven once Benedictus went off) so great to see us continue to perform with such a list. Armstrong came back and made a huge difference, Baird getting fitter, and plenty other positives. Not hard to see why we’re happy enough with yesterday’s outcome.

13 minutes ago, Paco said:

Circumstances matter. I wouldn’t have been happy with a point pre-match, but to be two behind at half time, having lost our captain to injury, it’s not at all difficult to see why we ended up being delighted with it. East Fife drawing with Stranraer was the cherry on the cake.

Cold light of day? Quite possibly a better point for Falkirk than us. Head-to-head can end up really mattering in title races. I remember being happy enough with a home draw against Ayr in our first season down, came from behind, kept us top and didn’t cede any ground, etc. The extra two points we could’ve won that day would’ve, ultimately, made the difference come May.

But, here and now, the draw keeps us top at the end of Q1 having looked like we were in full crisis mode on August 31st. You could also argue we had six players out (seven once Benedictus went off) so great to see us continue to perform with such a list. Armstrong came back and made a huge difference, Baird getting fitter, and plenty other positives. Not hard to see why we’re happy enough with yesterday’s outcome.

I have no reason to disagree with anything you said in your post, but you seem to have missed my point.

My point is referring to the logic of *some* Raith fans who call a team 'shite' right after they have drawn 2-2 at home with them. 

9 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

I have no reason to disagree with anything you said in your post, but you seem to have missed my point.

My point is referring to the logic of *some* Raith fans who call a team 'shite' right after they have drawn 2-2 at home with them. 

Come, come, laddie...it’s traditional that your opponent is “shite” and you are the “PSG o’the Sea”. Logic and consistency are not a prerequisite for post on P&B.

12 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

Considering you's have been posting for months about 'the box office bairns' and how they are going to steamroller this pathetic league with their far superior squad, what sort of reaction do you expect from opposition fans when you fail? 

3 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Considering you's have been posting for months about 'the box office bairns' and how they are going to steamroller this pathetic league with their far superior squad, what sort of reaction do you expect from opposition fans when you fail? 

To be pedantic, there is still time to 'steam-roller this pathetic league'.

I personally do not know any Falkirk supporter who said we would walk this league, we all know that Ray is an incompetent manager.

There might be some silly laddies somewhere who believed we would, but I would say the majority of long-suffering Falkirk fans knew this league would be difficult to get out of. 

Read the Falkirk thread, you will see that most of us were cautious about our chances of winning this league.

But, as has been pointed out, it is traditional to call your opponents shite :)

16 hours ago, basher brash said:

That’s all you hear from Falkirk fans is  this league is sh**e, it’s getting boring yet with the size of the budget 3x the crowds that anyone else can muster mmm ? You blame Ray McKinnon easy option IMO your team plays as individuals , no heart , lack of effort. Falkirk think they are too good for this league but sadly you are where you are a first division club with second rate championship players wake up and smell the coffee

This is hilarious :lol: , same shite you  were posting a few seasons ago about Barry Smith . How's the roaring back going :thumsup2

18 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Really can’t be arsed with this stupid notion that’s it ‘embarrassing’ to celebrate anything. It’s lower league Scottish football ffs. It’s for the most part pretty grim and a relentless diet of frustration and disappointment. If you go in at half time in a game against your biggest rivals for the title 2-0 down and playing shite, then if at full-time it’s 2-2 then that’s worth raising a smile.  Find your joy where you can or what’s the point. 

Some folk live through football forums and consider scoring invented points on here as being more important than going to the games or enjoying goals.

I was 3 numbers out for the 50/50 on Saturday. The boy that won it was behind me in the queue. [emoji35]

The Hibs SC game, the year they went on to win it, there was an auld wifey that didn’t realise there was a queue at Jim for the 50/50 tickets, so me being well sound, let her in, she would got the the number before me, and won it. No chance I’ll ever be letting anyone in the queue before me from now on ha!