Raith Rovers vs Falkirk - 5th October

3 hours ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

How did Raith get on at home today?

If you haven’t heard, we gifted a goal, lost another to a dodgy decision (one of many) then if here had been more time left would have beaten your ropey lot. 

Falkirk were good until we changed it, then you were shite and couldn’t cope.

Ray the snake must stay!

22 minutes ago, embow said:

Brutal tackle on Hendry.

Referee bricked it.

In the modern game it's a red any other day.

Yup said it earlier on tonight. It’s ridiculous some of the decisions that are so fucking blatant. Fucking horror show there to only give a yellow.

That’s all you hear from Falkirk fans is  this league is sh**e, it’s getting boring yet with the size of the budget 3x the crowds that anyone else can muster mmm ? You blame Ray McKinnon easy option IMO your team plays as individuals , no heart , lack of effort. Falkirk think they are too good for this league but sadly you are where you are a first division club with second rate championship players wake up and smell the coffee

Not sending off Tidser for that  is an absolutely ridiculous decision. The useless clogger could quite easily have ended Reagan's season with that assault. Decision has probably cost us 3 points in title race too. 

You got a hard fought draw against a rancid team? That must make your team equally as rancid?
My rancid team drew away from home against the team at the top of the league. 
All joking aside, I really didn't think we would get anything from the game today. Knowing how bad a manager Ray is, a tiny part of my brain toyed with a 0-0, but reasoning kicked back in and I thought we would lose. So a point gained in my book.

SEEETHEEEE

1 hour ago, embow said:

Brutal tackle on Hendry.

Referee bricked it.

In the modern game it's a red any other day.

I was speaking to one of the players through the week and he said the Rovers were unhappy about Scott Lambie being in charge. 

Today, like the Montrose game where we were denied a stone wall penalty, it's almost like he's afraid to give Rovers a decision for fear of accusations of bias. 

Tidser's tackle was a straight red all day long (thought so at the game and the highlights confirm it) although there was no foul, as claimed by many, in the build up to Falkirk's second goal. 

Highlights also conclusively confirm what I thought at the time, it's never a foul on Lewis Allan before the second goal, which was a great finish. They also confirm what I thought at the time - that 12 for Falkrik should have been sent off for a ridiculous high tackle on Regan Hendry. How is that not a red card? Mental.

I was speaking to one of the players through the week and he said the Rovers were unhappy about Scott Lambie being in charge. 
Today, like the Montrose game where we were denied a stone wall penalty, it's almost like he's afraid to give Rovers a decision for fear of accusations of bias. 
Tidser's tackle was a straight red all day long (thought so at the game and the highlights confirm it) although there was no foul, as claimed by many, in the build up to Falkirk's second goal. 
These are both incidents I was keen to see and agree with your assessment on both. Never a foul for our first. Understandable folk might shout for it but theres no way any football fans watch that back and actually want fould given for that.

As for Tidser, its an absolute shitebags challenge and no idea what he is doing it for. It falls into the category of the type of challenge that is pretty clearly considered a red card these days, but often seems to slip past refs who dont apply the (newish) guidance. Wouldn't have had a leg to stand on if he was sent off though.

Not hugely impressed with Buchanan at either goal. Didn't look tight enough to his man for the first and dived in a bit needlessly for the second.

That said, how the f**k does McMillan not score to make it 3 and kill it off....

Certainly looked a good game anyway though and those have been few and far between.

Not sending off Tidser for that  is an absolutely ridiculous decision. The useless clogger could quite easily have ended Reagan's season with that assault. Decision has probably cost us 3 points in title race too. 

I disagree. Yes it was a clear red but after that tackle, we started to play with real fire in the belly. I actually think it spurred us on.

Nice to have a game with a decent crowd and a bit of atmosphere. God only knows what JM was thinking at the start with that set up but he changed it and turned it around. Tidser very lucky to stay on the pitch a red all day long. Hendry gets some shocking tackles off teams at this level. Falkirk pressed us well most of the game trying to close down space but I think they tired towards the end just a shame we couldn’t find the winner. Top after 9 games, I’ll take that.