Raith Rovers vs Falkirk - 5th October

The highlights are edited and will be up on the Rovers' website at midnight. We also had the luxury of extra camera angles for all of the goals today.

Very entertaining game I thought. See you next week for some chocolately covered wafer action.

29 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Did I hear Ray correct in his post match interview? Doesn’t believe the changes and change in formation we made swung things in our favour?

He's toiling there. John got the better of him during the game today, though clearly not with the starting XI which was a glaring mistake.

Well played Raith (2nd half) enjoy your night.

Today confirmed what I think the majority of our support (the semi sentient ones at least) already knew. As things stand we are not going to win the league, and it is very unlikely we would do anything via the play-offs.

If something is not working, then you have to change something, and we all know what has to change. Ray has been handed a budget that should have given him a huge advantage over the rest of the league, and he has brought in some (not all) decent players. 

Many posters from other teams saw who Ray has brought in and said he is bringing a sledgehammer to crack a walnut. But, Ray does not know where the handle of the sledgehammer is, he is simply an awful manager.

But, come January he will be given another shitload of cash to try and buy the league title and there is no guarantee that he won't piss that up a wall as well.

As someone said, Ray won't be sacked by the current board, so are stuck with him, at least until something gets sorted out in the boardroom. We know MC is a tit and will never buy our club, so that particular merry-go-round will have to be reset and a different, more credible owner sought out.

We are stuck with Ray for the time being, and unless he throws a double six and happens upon a winning formula, we are not going anywhere soon.

Really poor first half, got it sorted in the second and were unlucky to take the three points in the end.  Armstrong superb.  Hendry too but kicked all over the park. 

Darren Taylor losing the head at the end was hilarious. Reacted to fans in the main stand giving him abuse going down the tunnel. Then came out from the dressing room at the side of the stand to confront them. Tube

We showed good character to come back. Last season we’d have gone on to lose 3 or 4-0.  Despite the loss of Vaughan, we have good options going forward as the second half showed. Still expect Falkirk to win the league, but we can give them a good fight. 

Edited by roverthemoon

We are stuck with Ray for the time being, and unless he throws a double six and happens upon a winning formula, we are not going anywhere soon.

Not impossible- that’s what happened during his season with us, we were bang average until the January window and he recruited really well/ was very lucky with who he managed to bring in (*delete as appropriate).

1 minute ago, stevoraith said:

Not impossible- that’s what happened during his season with us, we were bang average until the January window and he recruited really well/ was very lucky with who he managed to bring in (*delete as appropriate).

Ironically, he's signed up two of the three players who changed that season around for us (Longridge, Connolly and Hardie). 

22 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Two of them were boys Falkirk already have...

First half, Falkirk were probably best team we've played. Got their goals and looked really solid. 

That said, McGlynn fucked that formation right up. Once we got full backs playing as full backs it was a different story, and Armstrong was immense. Had we started the game with that lineup we would have won IMO. 

The two best teams in the league to be honest. Neither will leave with much to fear, but for the money spent and resources.... That Falkirk side are there for the taking. 

4 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

"Proven we can come to places like Raith and compete."

Just f**k off.

:lol:

Christ, Did he really say that?  Incredible.

I still think you'll win the League comfortably with or without this manager though.  Your squad will be strong enough to win four or five successive games at some point, and move clear.

17 minutes ago, ac-rrfc said:

Got a hard-fought draw after being 2-0 down mate! How about yourselfs? Hope yous didn’t shit the bed

You got a hard fought draw against a rancid team? That must make your team equally as rancid?

My rancid team drew away from home against the team at the top of the league. 

All joking aside, I really didn't think we would get anything from the game today. Knowing how bad a manager Ray is, a tiny part of my brain toyed with a 0-0, but reasoning kicked back in and I thought we would lose. So a point gained in my book.

Edited by BairnBrainBrian
Spelling OCD

:lol:
Christ, Did he really say that?  Incredible.
I still think you'll win the League comfortably with or without this manager though.  Your squad will be strong enough to win four or five successive games at some point, and move clear.

The manager would w**k himself into a coma if we drew four or five successive games.

Those Falkirk interviews are embarrassing. Did the interviewer actually watch the game? Rovers didn’t create a chance in the first half?

Maybe ask Cammy Bell and he will tell you different. Benedictus should have scored from 5 yards out but it bounced over the bar, and Dave McKay had a left footed shot turned round the post. 

Saying they should have finished us off with their only shot in the second half. 

Gregor Buchanan also rightly telling him to watch what he’s saying after stating that no one is actually better than them. 

Utterly embarrassing.