Raith Rovers vs Falkirk - 5th October

2 minutes ago, Wardy said:

McGlynn put a curve ball into the starting line up and it just didn’t work.

Played into Falkirk’s hands. However we definitely made them look better than they actually are. Sammon’s Goal should never have counted either as it was a blatant foul leading up to it. Referee was fucking pish as per usual.

Forced change meant we finally looked like we could get our act together, and when Dan the man came up it was see ya later Falkirk. Could not contain the boy.

McKay actually had a decent half, but if we had kept him on any longer than half time we wouldn’t have came back. 

Falkirk easily should have had Tidser sent off and Gomis should have had a second booking as well but the referee as I said earlier was absolutely inept and shat it.

Should have ended up winning that match, with Falkirk not actually testing McGurn in the entire second half. 

Still a long way to go but it’s been a successful first quarter, I think if  we were told we would be 3 points clear of Falkirk at this stage we would all be very happy  indeed. 

You'd have won it 3-0 or 3-1 if you started as you did in the 2nd half. I dont think it was a foul in the lead up to the Sammon goal, your player was looking for it tho the ref today gave some of those and didnt throughout, the ref was poor but equally poor.

Tidser possibly couldve seen red but it wouldve been one of those hapless refs who likes to wave cards and you are having a laff re Gomis 

Long long way to go, I can only guess Arbroath had more points at this point last season 

Just now, Marshmallo said:

If anyone has watched it on Falkirk TV they've probably got a better view than me to be fair.

Anyone able to shed any light on the Falkirk TV commentary today?

Falkirk TV is like that time the guy streamed the Edinburgh derby on Periscope because it was on a Champions League night.

In fact, that Periscope stream was probably better than Falkirk TV.

FTV, this thread, the FFC thread, the board, the COYB Facebook page; in fact, anything to do with the club at the moment is pish.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

If anyone has watched it on Falkirk TV they've probably got a better view than me to be fair.

Anyone able to shed any light on the Falkirk TV commentary today?

Aww please don't tell me they didn't miss the commentary. I'm looking forward to hearing their reactions to the game. 

Just now, JulioBairn said:

I never said we were any good. In fact we’ve been awful and the fact we’ve been so bad, only won 4 games out of 9, failed to score in 4 games and still could’ve gone top today supports my case. 

The league is shit mate

Ok shite team and shite league then. Glad you have found your level

What was the different for me is we have a bunch of guys who play for the badge and some who have really stuck by the club. Falkirk are a team of mercenaries, only concerned about their wage packet. Falkirk will be down here next season - bookmark it.

8 minutes ago, MrDust said:

You'd have won it 3-0 or 3-1 if you started as you did in the 2nd half. I dont think it was a foul in the lead up to the Sammon goal, your player was looking for it tho the ref today gave some of those and didnt throughout, the ref was poor but equally poor.

Tidser possibly couldve seen red but it wouldve been one of those hapless refs who likes to wave cards and you are having a laff re Gomis 

Long long way to go, I can only guess Arbroath had more points at this point last season 

Foul all day long, and Gomis on a booking blatantly stops Hendry and brings him down in the centre circle. Another day that would have been a second booking. Tidser should have seen red. Let’s be fucking honest here, the referee shat it. 

Your team are full of players that are decent individually on paper, but Ray can’t seem to mould a team out of them...the longer the apathy goes on, the more likely he may be sacked. But if you’s are still “challenging” for the title by the turn of the year, it would look like madness to get rid of him. Strange one. 

Edited by Wardy

9 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I never said we were any good. In fact we’ve been awful and the fact we’ve been so bad, only won 4 games out of 9, failed to score in 4 games and still could’ve gone top today supports my case. 

The league is shit mate

Just as well it is then.

Because with that kind of form you'd be well on the way to being papped out of the erse end of this so called shit league if it was as good as you were expecting.

To be honest if someone offered me a point at half time I would have ripped their arm off, Falkirk wer pretty decent and Sammon's goal was an absolute peach. However I'm kinda dissapointed to only take a point from the game, I felt we totally dominated the 2nd and created numerous chances, Armstrong's free kick was sublime, yes maybe Bell could have done better but he has  a lot of weight to carry to get a stronger hand to it.

I've no doubt Falkirk will gel at some point and go on a decent run however if we could keep the shape and attitude we had in the 2nd half then I think both teams will eventually pull clear of the rest and will be a decent fight for the title.

Tidser should’ve been sent off for the challenge on Hendry, no doubt whatsoever about it. Suspect we’d have gone on to win if he had been.

Given where we were at half time, a draw and remaining top has to go down as a great result. Could’ve won, maybe should’ve won, but all in all we’ll take it. No doubt McGlynn got it wrong first half, very strange decision to throw the curve ball when Gullan was fit and ready. But he changed it in good time, and but for a goal-line clearance we’d all be a lot happier.

Have to chuckle at Falkirk fans blaming McKinnon, as if he’s the man not tracking Armstrong all half or making completely ridiculous fouls on the edge of the box. Manager is always the scapegoat, for all football fans and sometimes rightly so too, but the players are hardly blameless. Nice to see the assistant manager trying to fight home fans at full time too.

Guest Ecosse83
23 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Aye we are only contenders because Mckinnon is  in charge of Falkirk right enough 😂

Get a fucking grip. Your team is shite. 

Raith fans 🤣

And your Part of it get over yourself