Raith Rovers vs Falkirk - 5th October

7 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Agree with that.

Used to fucking love going to Brockville even though it was an absolute shit hole.

Standing up against the fence with Falkirk fans on the other side was great banter and the games always seemed to be blood and snotters.

Who was it that got sent off for handling the ball on the line to prevent a goal in the late 90s/ early 00s? Was it Sinky? Did I make that up?

That's what made brockville unique for me, even if we were playing a team with only a bus load of fans the way they were right next to us mean you could get some atmosphere at games that in other grounds you couldn't as the away support would be spread out or to far away. I always liked raith away as the pubs were brilliant for having a drink before heading to the game.

I loved Brockville. We usually brought a good crowd through and atmosphere was excellent. 

I seem to remember one time when Rovers fans brought a heap of inflatable chairs, to mock Falkirks inability to gain promotion due to their ground...... Then got a doing. 

Edited by CALDERON

Aye Brockville was a tremendous ground. Seen us lose more times than winning mind you. Have vague memories of winning there with Peter Duffield getting the winner at the away end. For some reason our support was more behind the goals and not the traditional corner/cage area for some reason. Atmosphere anytime I’d been was always terrific.

Yeah I enjoyed the trips to Brockville as well. Good old fashioned ground. Not pish like Ayr’s or Morton’s. I remember Paul Browne scoring in a 1-0 win, or was it an own goal? 

Edit Own goal....

B5E76E10-018B-4DA6-A7C1-81C3CD0B3A97.png

Edited by Wardy

It isn’t. Similar system to Hibs, St Mirren, Queen of the South and probably others I’ve forgotten about. Buy a ticket from an office, which is right outside the away end, and walk up to the turnstile with it.

Cheers, do you do a student discount in Raith and can i sit where I want?

15 minutes ago, BudBairn said:

Cheers, do you do a student discount in Raith and can i sit where I want?

Standard Gate Admission Prices**
All Stands Adult £16
Parent & Child  £22
Senior Citizen (Over 65) £10
Young Adult (16-21. Those born between 1st July 1998 and 1st July 2003 qualify for this category) £10
Disabled (with carer free of charge if required. Check here for the full policy) £10
Juvenile (Under 16. Those born after 1st July 2003 qualify for this category) £8 
Under 5s FREE

9 hours ago, Paco said:

Our injury luck over the past few seasons has been truly extraordinary.

Maybe we need the Stonehenge set from Spinal Tap, a Druid and a virgin for a midnight ceremony at center circle of Stark’s Park to remove the curse! Wonder how the Fife Free Press would cover that?

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Maybe we need the Stonehenge set from Spinal Tap, a Druid and a virgin for a midnight ceremony at center circle of Stark’s Park to remove the curse! Wonder how the Fife Free Press would cover that?

The Barry Fry method is a wee bit easier.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/barry-fry-birmingham-city-leak-13062683

I’m absolutely buzzing for Saturday, for the day out more so, shiting for the football despite have a wee good feeling for it.
Shocker about Vaughan, as everyone has said, but we’ve got to move on.
I suspect the XI won’t be far off from what’s been played recently;
McGurn
Davo SAndo Bene
Miller MacDonald
Hendry Spencer
GAndo. Gullan
Allan

COYR

Sorry but this league stinks like a rancid kipper.
We are in it as we had an absolute holocaust of a season last year and whilst we have not reached those depths yet this time out we are still badly underperforming.
So far it has been as much fun as I expected, absolutely fucking turgid.
Strange that, you seem to have dragged us down to your level. The Fife have been playing some of the most attractive football I've seen in my entire lifetime following them. I think the honest comments from most of our opponents can back that up. Saturday wasnt good to watch, bit probably the importance of the game cancelled our the football.

Galctico? They could t organise a car park, never mind a decent football team. All roads around the stadium ground to a halt for half an hour due to the queue of cars trying to get on the "away" car park. And we only had just over 200 there.

This pub team referred to, is that the one who drew with The Grangemooth Galactico in the TFS at the weekend?  ............

10 minutes ago, smuggfifer said:

Galctico? They could t organise a car park, never mind a decent football team. All roads around the stadium ground to a halt for half an hour due to the queue of cars trying to get on the "away" car park. And we only had just over 200 there.

I was parked there and was out in 2 mins. They must have held the tractors back to the end I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, smuggfifer said:
On 28/09/2019 at 22:46, Reggie Perrin said:

Sorry but this league stinks like a rancid kipper.
We are in it as we had an absolute holocaust of a season last year and whilst we have not reached those depths yet this time out we are still badly underperforming.
So far it has been as much fun as I expected, absolutely fucking turgid.

Strange that, you seem to have dragged us down to your level. The Fife have been playing some of the most attractive football I've seen in my entire lifetime following them. I think the honest comments from most of our opponents can back that up. Saturday wasnt good to watch, bit probably the importance of the game cancelled our the football.

To be fair the first half hour on Saturday was pretty good but unfortunately the referee killed the flow of the game when he started blowing for every wee niggle and the second half simply never got going.

Glad that you are enjoying your season and East Fife are the best opposition that I have seen so far but I absolutely stand by my view about this league in general.

To be fair the first half hour on Saturday was pretty good but unfortunately the referee killed the flow of the game when he started blowing for every wee niggle and the second half simply never got going.
Glad that you are enjoying your season and East Fife are the best opposition that I have seen so far but I absolutely stand by my view about this league in general.
Would it not be more accurate to say the level.of Scottish football generally is very very poor.
Celtic, in England would, at first, be a good championship side.