Lawrence Shankland Goalscoring Record

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What is this 'Shakers' patter? A truly dreadful nickname.

Please cut it out.

I'm going to keep letting my phone decide just to annoy the f**k out of folk.

• 2 weeks later...
Shankland looked like he'd won a competition last night but still was far from the worst in a Scotland shirt.

No he didn't

He looked like a striker stranded upfront with absolutely f**k all to do or work with

You'd been aswell having me upfront on Thursday, or Lewandowski, would've made fuvk all a difference

2 hours ago, Valelover said:

From third tier of scottish football to scoring for Scotland within what 12 months?Good luck to the boy. Feather in cap to Ayr and McCall for brining him on!

Craig Curran would've scored against that mob. 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

No he didn't

He looked like a striker stranded upfront with absolutely f**k all to do or work with

You'd been aswell having me upfront on Thursday, or Lewandowski, would've made fuvk all a difference

Your hyperbole is utter nonsense there. Or you've not saw much of Lewandowski throughout his career.

Shankland looked like he'd won a competition last night but still was far from the worst in a Scotland shirt.
This is absolutely nonsense.

I didn't see today's game but on Thursday his first 5 or 6 touches were very good (with a couple of tricky lay-offs in there for good measure).

Once the Russian goals started to come he became pretty anonymous but that was as much to do with lack of service as anything else.

I'm very against any Scottish Championship player getting a call up, and whilst Shankland never set the heather alight in his first 2 caps, it's harsh to say he was anywhere near the worst performers over the past 2 games.

I don't think he's Scotland's future up front, but he certainly didn't disgrace himself by any stretch and probably done just enough to be in the squad next time round.

Shankland looked okay to me in a Scotland Strip in both matches, played unselfishly for the team and linked play well. Should maybe have been a bit more selfish a couple of times but the comments from his team mates were without exception complimentary and appreciative of his contribution.