Lawrence Shankland Goalscoring Record

2 hours ago, Ross. said:

Pretty sure Ken Eadie was top scorer in 90/91 ahead of Dalziel.

2 hours ago, Kilbowie's Finest said:

The goalscoring legend that was Ken Eadie should be on that list as well
29 league goals from a total of 30 goals scored for Clydebank Season 1990/91
He scored 4 last day of the season against Partick Thistle at Kilbowie in a 7-1 Bankies win. This won him the Daily Record Goalden Shot trophy pipping Raith’s Gordon Dalziel
Some older fans on here may recall Eadie’s goalscoring exploits for Bankies between 1988-96
302 games 170 goals for Bankies - he scored over 20 a season 5 seasons in a row for Bankies between 1989-94IMG_2468.jpg

I'll take you lads word for it, but everywhere I've looked online said it was Dalziel. Ken Eadie was top scored in 89/90 with 21 league goals according to my research?

2 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:
3 hours ago, dregs 83 said:

We’re in a great position to be honest, if Celtic, Rangers or anyone else comes in in January, he’s got more than 2 years left on his contract.
If we got silly money for him and we loaned him back for the rest of the season (Celtic and Rangers don’t really have a dearth of strikers) I would be ok with that.
He’s too good to stay with us for any prolonged period of time and he seems like a genuinely lovely, humble young guy.
If he gets a dream move I’d be pleased for him (as long as he got us up- otherwise he’s a dick and I never liked him anyway)

If I remember correctly apart from the 2 year thing word for word we were saying the same thing this time last season.

Except the '2 year thing' is the most important part. 

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'll take you lads word for it, but everywhere I've looked online said it was Dalziel. Ken Eadie was top scored in 89/90 with 21 league goals according to my research?

I had a look online as well and couldn't see anything confirming the breakdown of his goals. He definitely finished on 30 over all for season 90/91 but beyond that I'll defer to seniority and take @Kilbowie's Finest's word on the 29 league goals thing...

Though having double checked one last place, it would appear he is correct, as is the 21 league goals in 89/90

http://www.clydebankfc.co.uk/player.php?id=210

3 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

We’re in a great position to be honest, if Celtic, Rangers or anyone else comes in in January, he’s got more than 2 years left on his contract.
If we got silly money for him and we loaned him back for the rest of the season (Celtic and Rangers don’t really have a dearth of strikers) I would be ok with that.
He’s too good to stay with us for any prolonged period of time and he seems like a genuinely lovely, humble young guy.
If he gets a dream move I’d be pleased for him (as long as he got us up- otherwise he’s a dick and I never liked him anyway)

If I remember correctly apart from the 2 year thing word for word we were saying the same thing this time last season.

It's a big difference. This time last year he had started well and his deal with Ayr was up in the summer.

This time he's started even better and his deal with us lasts another two and a half years.

3 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

You weren't in a great position though and that's why ultimately you lost him for nothing and didn't earn promotion. You probably didn't even really finish any higher up the table as a result of having him and he didn't do a massive amount in the 2nd half of the season.

Out of interest, how would United fans say Appere has contributed to Shankland's scoring?

I thought Shankland would be very good but thought he'd miss Michael Moffat to play alongside so wouldn't start as strongly as he had. I was quite hopeful seeing a boy from Broughty Athletic last season start up front but he seems to have come on dramatically.

9 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Out of interest, how would United fans say Appere has contributed to Shankland's scoring?

I thought Shankland would be very good but thought he'd miss Michael Moffat to play alongside so wouldn't start as strongly as he had. I was quite hopeful seeing a boy from Broughty Athletic last season start up front but he seems to have come on dramatically.

Appere's been good but he's not been crucial to Shankland's success. That's all down to the player himself playing in a decent team. 

17 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I can only think of one direct assist, but it was good service and that’s what a Shankland thrives on.  His four against ICT, his two against Arbroath and two of the three on Saturday were as a result of players feeding him.

Appere has done well and has been a good foil for Shankland at times, but McMullan has assisted Shanks six times in the league.

Eadie scored 30 goals season 1990-91 in a poor Bankies team- Bankies got 65 league goals in total that season - his only cup goal was in a 3-2 League Cup defeat at Rugby Park v Kilmarnock in August 1990 - Bankies were 2-0 up and lost 3-2 [emoji85]

His other 29 goals were definitely all in the league

Full details can be found here

http://www.clydebankprogrammesonline.co.uk/1990%20-%201991.html

23 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

The naysayers will be praying like f**k that Shakers doesn't start either game.

I hope he gets plenty of game time. Many on here slate McBurnie and rate Shankland as  a better player so I want to see if these predictions are correct or not