Lawrence Shankland Goalscoring Record

13 hours ago, kdyteejay said:

I remember Marco Negri think his name was at Rangers scored a shit load in the first half of a season then next to feck all the second.

Was he the guy that scored 5 in one game against us?

5 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Almost losing his eyesight in a game of squash during that season probably didn't help matters. 

Hopefully Shankland likes squash. 

Orange squash.

Well tangerine really.

16 hours ago, Jock Tamson said:
18 hours ago, Szamo said:
Shankland's all round play is better than I realised. A fantastic player.
I'll be gutted when he leaves but at least we will get some money for him. Hopefully it's a couple of seasons before that happens.
He has scored more goals himself than 8 of the other 9 teams in the league.

Agreed. The impact he's made in a short space of time is unreal. Got to keep him fit! Oh, and those shouting for him to get a call up can f**k off. Would do him and Utd more harm than good at this present time imo. His time will come.

A Scotland scout was at the match against Arbroath according to Sportsound. Maybe they were watching Paul McMullan or Liam Smith.

I agree that Shankland rattling in 5 goals against San Marino will do us no good.

We’re in a great position to be honest, if Celtic, Rangers or anyone else comes in in January, he’s got more than 2 years left on his contract.
If we got silly money for him and we loaned him back for the rest of the season (Celtic and Rangers don’t really have a dearth of strikers) I would be ok with that.
He’s too good to stay with us for any prolonged period of time and he seems like a genuinely lovely, humble young guy.
If he gets a dream move I’d be pleased for him (as long as he got us up- otherwise he’s a dick and I never liked him anyway)

On 28/09/2019 at 17:42, Ludo*1 said:

Despite his lethality last season, I don't think even the most optimistic of United fans expected Shankland to score quite as many as he has so far. Beginning to think he can close on the Scottish Second Tier Record of most league goals in a season.

I've went back to when the 'First Division' was formed in 1975, if he starts closing in on these records I'll go back to the first second tier season in 1893.

Here's what he's got to beat:

1. Billy Pirie - 36 goals - 76/77

2. Billy Pirie - 35 goals - 77/78

3. Gordon Dalziel - 33 goals - 92/92

4. Blair Millar - 28 goals - 78/79

5. Gordon Dalziel - 26 goals - 91/92

6. Gordon Dalziel - 25 goals - 87/88

7. Gordon Dalziel - 25 goals - 90/91

8. Dennis Wyness - 25 goals - 00/01

9. Stevie May - 25 goals - 12/13

Lawrence Shankland current tally: 13 goals.

Pretty sure Ken Eadie was top scorer in 90/91 ahead of Dalziel.

Despite his lethality last season, I don't think even the most optimistic of United fans expected Shankland to score quite as many as he has so far. Beginning to think he can close on the Scottish Second Tier Record of most league goals in a season.
I've went back to when the 'First Division' was formed in 1975, if he starts closing in on these records I'll go back to the first second tier season in 1893.

The goalscoring legend that was Ken Eadie should be on that list as well
29 league goals from a total of 30 goals scored for Clydebank Season 1990/91
He scored 4 last day of the season against Partick Thistle at Kilbowie in a 7-1 Bankies win. This won him the Daily Record Goalden Shot trophy pipping Raith’s Gordon Dalziel
Some older fans on here may recall Eadie’s goalscoring exploits for Bankies between 1988-96
302 games 170 goals for Bankies - he scored over 20 a season 5 seasons in a row for Bankies between 1989-94IMG_2468.jpg

We’re in a great position to be honest, if Celtic, Rangers or anyone else comes in in January, he’s got more than 2 years left on his contract.
If we got silly money for him and we loaned him back for the rest of the season (Celtic and Rangers don’t really have a dearth of strikers) I would be ok with that.
He’s too good to stay with us for any prolonged period of time and he seems like a genuinely lovely, humble young guy.
If he gets a dream move I’d be pleased for him (as long as he got us up- otherwise he’s a dick and I never liked him anyway)
If I remember correctly apart from the 2 year thing word for word we were saying the same thing this time last season.

On 28/09/2019 at 16:42, Ludo*1 said:

I went for 35 plus, looking within reach now.

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, dregs 83 said:

If I remember correctly apart from the 2 year thing word for word we were saying the same thing this time last season.

I but we were talking shite as diddies obviously don't know a player when they see them.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Correct. He is a good championship player. You wont see anyone saying otherwise.

Nah, it's your mob that have the good championship player supposedly, he'll have plenty of time down here to eradicate the supposedly part of that line.