Lawrence Shankland Goalscoring Record

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
40 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Who mentioned fighting, young brother ,certainly not me . Did I get a little hot under the collar after being called a moron for suggesting the top scorer in Scotland is indeed a player ? Och maybe a little . But Dundee ? Top Boys ? etc ... Your smoking mate , ....

What about his mate who smokes?

Quality .

1 hour ago, Juantwothree said:

Imo the championship will probably be shankland level but hes exceptional at this level and kudos to united for getting him to join them over whoever else offered him a deal. I cant see him being at united past January when he battered in 25 league goals by then 

Any offer we  mght hypothetically accept for Shankland in January would have to outweigh the financial and other rewards offered by automatic promotion to the premiership.

No club are going to be willing to pay that.

We were hoping the same would happen last year with Ayr when his financial package was not as good as the one he is on now, and he still stayed with them.

Sorry lads.... he's not going anywhere in January.

21 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Any offer we  mght hypothetically accept for Shankland in January would have to outweigh the financial and other rewards offered by automatic promotion to the premiership.

No club are going to be willing to pay that.

We were hoping the same would happen last year with Ayr when his financial package was not as good as the one he is on now, and he still stayed with them.

Sorry lads.... he's not going anywhere in January.

Two million and a loan back to the end of the season.  Also the buying club would need to pick up his goal bonus which would exceed the two million.

Realistically who would sign him in January? Only Celtic or Sevco could pay the transfer fee in Scotland 

Who in England would sign him? If he was firing these goals in in the Premiership then plenty of English Championship teams and possibly some English Premiership teams would pay the pittance (to them) of a couple of million (if that), but I doubt any English teams would sign a Scottish Championship striker in January.

Realistically who would sign him in January? Only Celtic or Sevco could pay the transfer fee in Scotland 
Who in England would sign him? If he was firing these goals in in the Premiership then plenty of English Championship teams and possibly some English Premiership teams would pay the pittance (to them) of a couple of million (if that), but I doubt any English teams would sign a Scottish Championship striker in January.
Partick's Thistle! a Christmas present from Colin Weir to his best pal McCall

Shankland's all round play is better than I realised. A fantastic player.

I'll be gutted when he leaves but at least we will get some money for him. Hopefully it's a couple of seasons before that happens.

He has scored more goals himself than 8 of the other 9 teams in the league.

7 hours ago, Iain said:

It’s not uncommon for strikers to have great first halves and score a lot fewer after Christmas. Also a chance Shankland isn’t in the league after the transfer window, but he’s started well. Again.

I remember Marco Negri think his name was at Rangers scored a shit load in the first half of a season then next to feck all the second.

Shankland's all round play is better than I realised. A fantastic player.
I'll be gutted when he leaves but at least we will get some money for him. Hopefully it's a couple of seasons before that happens.
He has scored more goals himself than 8 of the other 9 teams in the league.
Agreed. The impact he's made in a short space of time is unreal. Got to keep him fit! Oh, and those shouting for him to get a call up can f**k off. Would do him and Utd more harm than good at this present time imo. His time will come.

Anyone laughing at the suggestion of him in the Scotland squad... I understand why... but when you think of Naismith/Brophy who have started recently would they really have scored so much in this league this season? Really doubt it.

I'd have anyone instead of that big fanny McBurnie tbh

13 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Did Owen Coyle not score a crazy number for Airdrie one year?

I always tell folk about this season, I presume you are thinking of, and nobody remembers it. He got 20 goals in 1990/91 but from just 24 starts and 4 sub appearances. 

He scored 17 goals in the first 7 games: Morton (2), Killie (3), Brechin (0), Forfar (3), Meadowbank (2), Ayr (3), Clyde (4).

He then played another four games, without scoring, before missing out until February because of injury. 

Fair enough.  He must have slowed up, or got injured or something.

I have vague recollections of him featuring on Saint and Greavsie for his phenomenal early season scoring rate.  That afternoon, he went on to score four.  Clearly, It wasn't sustained though.

He did. He scored something like 17 in his first 6 or 7 games in 90/91. I think he got a bad knee injury around xmas but came back and did enough to get Airdrie up as runners up to Falkirk.

Eta: hadn't read Radfords post

Anyone laughing at the suggestion of him in the Scotland squad... I understand why... but when you think of Naismith/Brophy who have started recently would they really have scored so much in this league this season? Really doubt it.

I'd have anyone instead of that big fanny McBurnie tbh
Jordan Rhodes scored a ridiculous number of lower league goals in England but was largely ineffective for Scotland.

7 hours ago, kdyteejay said:

I remember Marco Negri think his name was at Rangers scored a shit load in the first half of a season then next to feck all the second.

Almost losing his eyesight in a game of squash during that season probably didn't help matters. 

Hopefully Shankland likes squash.