Lawrence Shankland Goalscoring Record

Despite his lethality last season, I don't think even the most optimistic of United fans expected Shankland to score quite as many as he has so far. Beginning to think he can close on the Scottish Second Tier Record of most league goals in a season.

I've went back to when the 'First Division' was formed in 1975, if he starts closing in on these records I'll go back to the first second tier season in 1893.

Here's what he's got to beat:

1. Billy Pirie - 36 goals - 76/77

2. Billy Pirie - 35 goals - 77/78

3. Gordon Dalziel - 33 goals - 92/92

4. Blair Millar - 28 goals - 78/79

5. Gordon Dalziel - 26 goals - 91/92

6. Gordon Dalziel - 25 goals - 87/88

7. Gordon Dalziel - 25 goals - 90/91

8. Dennis Wyness - 25 goals - 00/01

9. Stevie May - 25 goals - 12/13

Lawrence Shankland current tally: 13 goals.

38 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Despite his lethality last season, I don't think even the most optimistic of United fans expected Shankland to score quite as many as he has so far. Beginning to think he can close on the Scottish Second Tier Record of most league goals in a season.

I've went back to when the 'First Division' was formed in 1975, if he starts closing in on these records I'll go back to the first second tier season in 1893.

That Gordon Dalziel guy looks like he was a decent player. 

It’s not uncommon for strikers to have great first halves and score a lot fewer after Christmas. Also a chance Shankland isn’t in the league after the transfer window, but he’s started well. Again.

I think we've mentioned it b4 but this guy is the real thing . I like many Ayr fans have seen him play in 40 or 50 games . He's the real deal and no mistake . DU pushed the boat out by a mile to get him and fair play to them . He will keep this up and DU will be tested in the market either at Christmas or in the summer . Enjoy the big man while you can .... Strange no QoS fans on here .......

11 minutes ago, railwayend said:

I think we've mentioned it b4 but this guy is the real thing . I like many Ayr fans have seen him play in 40 or 50 games . He's the real deal and no mistake . DU pushed the boat out by a mile to get him and fair play to them . He will keep this up and DU will be tested in the market either at Christmas or in the summer . Enjoy the big man while you can .... Strange no QoS fans on here .......

Because?

17 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:
28 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Because?

Because this lad is making your boy look like an old has been ...

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Did Owen Coyle not score a crazy number for Airdrie one year?

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He notched 24 IIRC.

Fair enough.  He must have slowed up, or got injured or something.

I have vague recollections of him featuring on Saint and Greavsie for his phenomenal early season scoring rate.  That afternoon, he went on to score four.  Clearly, It wasn't sustained though.

A thread dedicated to how well Shankland is doing and you bring up Dobbie. Strange.