Todays scores 28/9

GNU_Linux

Actually thought we played quite well today, despite 3 key players being on holiday to add to our woes. Fielded Played  a 15 year old schoolboy and fortunately got no injuries so we didn't have to play one of our youthful subs.  We missed a good few chances and Gareth Hallford was on top form, pulling off several excellent saves.

Getting a little bit bored reading week in week out you've got players missing, so has everyone.

Getting a little bit bored reading week in week out you've got players missing, so has everyone.
Same old holiday routine. Most players sign a semi professional contract.
Should be playing to there contract. End of story. Can't take holidays when it suits.
Does messi's and other professionals take holidays during the season. During the the season being the operative word.

Hall Russell United 0 Lochee United 3

Lochee United got this season’s Macron Scottish Junior Cup campaign off to a winning start, returning from Aberdeen with a comfortable victory over hosts Hall Russell United.

The Bluebells dominated possession against a young Aberdeen side which showed plenty of spirit against their much favoured visitors.

With a strong wind at their backs Lochee were soon around Craig Carroll’s goal and, in only the second minute Logan Davie’s corner kick grazed the top of Carroll’s bar.

Reece Ritchie failed to test the keeper with a shot high over the bar and Scott McComiskie should probably have done better when he chased a long ball but could only send his effort over.

However, Lochee got the goal they merited on 16 minutes. A superb crossfield pass from Stephen McNally found top scorer McCOMISKIE and he gave Carroll no chance with a terrific shot on the half volley.

It was 22 minutes before the home side tested the Lochee defence, Greg Hay sending in a shot that failed to trouble John Sinclair in the visitors’ goal.

Lochee continued to enjoy the bulk of the pressure and hit the post with Ritchie’s free kick, but had to be wary of Hall Russell’s speedy front three who looked dangerous on the break.

Keeper Carroll made a great double save to keep his side in the game, firstly from a Kevin Milne header, then a point blank save from Grant Lawson.

The home side were given a golden chance to get back on level terms before the interval when a McNally slip allowed Curtis Kane through, but his pass to teammate Liam Duncan saw the tricky winger send his shot wide.

The home side might have thought that they would benefit from the wind at their backs in the second period but it was Lochee who continued to dominate.

However, they had keeper Sinclair to thank for keeping their lead when he pulled off a terrific save from the lively Duncan.

Normal service was resumed on 58 minutes when the Bluebells added a second and it was a cracker. Lawson turned his opponent inside out on the left wing and sent in a beautiful cross that MILNE headed home.

Hall Russell tried hard to get back into the game but they were up against a more experienced outfit with the ability to carve out classy goals.

Their third on 74 minutes was as good as the previous two. Great interplay between Milne and Davie saw DAVIE put the final nail in Hall Russell’s coffin with a close-in effort.

The home side never gave up and had a couple of efforts before the end but Lochee were quite comfortable and were rewarded with a shutout and a place in the next round.

Hall Russell: Carroll, Donaldson, Grimbley, Harrison (Thomas 70), Kane, Marr, Rennie, Russell, Milne (Mackie 49), Hay (Critchard 54), Duncan.

Lochee Utd: Sinclair, McNally, Kenneth, Kirk, McDonald, Ritchie (Buchan 75), Cameron (Gallacher 62), Lawson, Davie, McComiskie (Blair 77), Milne.

4 hours ago, ski64 said:

Cumnock 0 Rossvale 2 FT fairly straightforward win for Rossvale, very little threat from Cumnock

Good result for Rossvale. I expected a Cumnock win here. Bad luck Cumnock.........pfffffhahahahaha who am I kidding. Hilarious!

Edited by jimbaxters

Good result for Rossvale. I expected a Cumnock win here. Bad luck Cumnock.........pfffffhahahahaha who am I kidding. Hilarious!

Not a good result for Cumnock. Management must be under a shoogley peg with the start they’ve made this season.

Pictures and a full match report (from the Glencairn website) are here.
Fair report on the game glensmad. Tough day as expected for us. Glad the Glens fans and management recognised Joe Young's performance as he played very well despite the result.

2 hours ago, PeteWay said:

Really? So sorry.  Didn't realise you were a follower.   Them's the facts however.

Edited by bc57
Apologising to my reader

2 hours ago, Ringford10 said:

Same old holiday routine. Most players sign a semi professional contract.
Should be playing to there contract. End of story. Can't take holidays when it suits.
Does messi's and other professionals take holidays during the season. During the the season being the operative word.

Gets me down big time.  The Gow had 6 go off on a stag do at one time last week. A right kick in the teeth to those who work so hard for or follow the club.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

To be fair. Rossvale were well worth the win. Even had the luxury of missing a penalty. Quite a comfortable win for me

47 minutes ago, bc57 said:

Gets me down big time.  The Gow had 6 go off on a stag do at one time last week. A right kick in the teeth to those who work so hard for or follow the club.

Got to laugh at this. Hard working boys doing a hobbie some paid very well depending on the level, but shouldn't be able to take a holiday during the season. Pay them a serious wage and then moan about taking time out etc. Not disputing the work that goes on behind the scenes but these guys are working full time jobs and giving up a serious amount of time 

It’s actually embarrassing the comments relating to players missing games. I totally appreciate the hard work and effort that goes into keeping junior teams going, however I think people need a reality check at times. Players sign with clubs knowing that they’ll miss a game or 2 every other week (which the clubs accept). Very often players are taking holidays from work to make games (often sitting on a bench as an unused sub) to ensure they’re not letting their gaffer/teammates down. These boys are just hardworking lads who love playing the game (at whatever level they’re playing) 

1 hour ago, passbackdave said:

Shock horror a penalty for pollock

Mon the papers

Not a Pollok fan, they battered us earlier in the season... But, see if you spend most of the 90 mins in the opposition's half/box with the tricky players they have... You will win penalties

7 hours ago, Junior Guy said:

Got to laugh at this. Hard working boys doing a hobbie some paid very well depending on the level, but shouldn't be able to take a holiday during the season. Pay them a serious wage and then moan about taking time out etc. Not disputing the work that goes on behind the scenes but these guys are working full time jobs and giving up a serious amount of time 

It certainly isn't a laugh when you turn up to follow your team and find out a fair chunk of a small squad has gone off on holiday all at one time!  However, I do accept that it is a hobby/pastime and is the individual's choice.

6 hours ago, DanMan said:

Not a Pollok fan, they battered us earlier in the season... But, see if you spend most of the 90 mins in the opposition's half/box with the tricky players they have... You will win penalties

Well said that man.We have very quick and tricky penalty box players in the two McCanns,Forde,Fraser and Duff and they will always tempt defenders into committing fouls in the box.

It certainly isn't a laugh when you turn up to follow your team and find out a fair chunk of a small squad has gone off on holiday all at one time!  However, I do accept that it is a hobby/pastime and is the individual's choice.

We have one player who misses games/training to watch rangers, its the biggest riddy going.