Controversial Statements About Your Club

3 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Ravanelli scored a hattrick against Clyde and that was it. Sheer revisionism to suggest he was any good at Dundee.

Yup. He was absolutely useless. Billio was only decent when he was at Dens before any of the half decent foreign boys turned up. All he contributed by then was a dent in Marrsy's mates heid. 

On 01/10/2019 at 00:11, ayrunitedfw said:

1) Ian McCall was an over rated manager for us and should have been sacked after we were relegated to league 1.

Had this happened then this weekend the news would be that player-manager Michael Moffat was considering his position after a heavy loss away to Stranraer left Ayr sixth in League One.

22 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Ryan Boris firing an overhead cross to Stevo in the box against Dundee under the floodlights was the *best goal I've ever seen at Somerset Park (*Not most important)

Curious as to whether this includes Keigan Parker's bicycle kick equaliser against the same club a couple of seasons later, which God himself has decreed is the best goal ever scored at Somerset Park.

Edited by Thumper

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Canniggia, Nemzadze, Sara, Caballero, Speroni (p***k), Ketsbaia, Billio, Ravanelli to name but a few. Fucking hell.

And they were still utter pish back then. Us and Hearts were about the only decent teams those seasons, outwith the bigots. 

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Had this happened then this weekend the news would be that player-manager Michael Moffat was considering his position after a heavy loss away to Stranraer left Ayr sixth in League One.

Curious as to whether this includes Keigan Parker's bicycle kick equaliser against the same club a couple of seasons later, which God himself has decreed is the best goal ever scored at Somerset Park.

Sadly missed that as I was working down in SW Wales at the time and only home every alternate weekend. But, includes highlights such as the Andy Rodgers overhead kick against Sunnybank, Dean Keenan's long range effort when Airdrie battered us 4-1 and Mark Roberts lob vs Partick.

5 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Ravanelli scored a hattrick against Clyde and that was it. Sheer revisionism to suggest he was any good at Dundee.

He only played about 5 games tbf.

On 30/09/2019 at 23:11, ayrunitedfw said:

2) Nicky Devlin was overrated for us. Liam Smith is twice the player he is. 

I don't disagree that Devlin was over-rated but my controversial statement is that Smith was even more over-rated. I think Devlin will play more Premiership games than Smith in his career. 

Conrad Balatoni was nothing special for us and I’d argue was pretty shite after the middle of the season. He go an exceptionally easy ride that season.

He clearly lost interest after not getting a move away in January.

Should’ve just took the cash for him.

4 hours ago, DAFC. said:

And they were still utter pish back then. Us and Hearts were about the only decent teams those seasons

:lol:

Fucking Dunfermline fans, man. You were humpty. Absolutely terrible to watch. Potter and Bullen ffs. 

If we'd kept Ade Azeez for one more season we'd still be in the Premiership now.

Firhill is now a disgrace to look at, l and I wouldn't be totally averse to looking at groundsharing a  new stadium with Glasgow Warriors with 5G pitch as long as it was in North / West Glasgow.

I don't disagree that Devlin was over-rated but my controversial statement is that Smith was even more over-rated. I think Devlin will play more Premiership games than Smith in his career. 

I agree with this one...

Never particularly got the huge fuss with Smith.