Controversial Statements About Your Club

1) Ian McCall was an over rated manager for us and should have been sacked after we were relegated to league 1. 

2) Nicky Devlin was overrated for us. Liam Smith is twice the player he is. 

3) Ryan Stevenson wasn't as bad as made out in his second spell. 7 goals from midfield was a decent return. 

4) McCall made the right decision releasing Andy Graham when he did. 

5) Brian Reid got his tactics in the cup semi final spot on. Had we opened up Killie would of picked us off. 

6) People referring to Jamie Adams as "the farmer" is cringey 

1) Ian McCall was an over rated manager for us and should have been sacked after we were relegated to league 1. 
2) Nicky Devlin was overrated for us. Liam Smith is twice the player he is. 
3) Ryan Stevenson wasn't as bad as made out in his second spell. 7 goals from midfield was a decent return. 
4) McCall made the right decision releasing Andy Graham when he did. 
5) Brian Reid got his tactics in the cup semi final spot on. Had we opened up Killie would of picked us off. 
6) People referring to Jamie Adams as "the farmer" is cringey 

1. Overrated coach definitely but his recruitment was still good and had good man management. There was definite justification for him to be sacked but I think the following two seasons showed we were right not to.

2. Yeah no complaints from me. Harvie is also becoming a better full back tbh.

3. Yeah once again I agree. He was only underwhelming because of his first spell at the club but his legs were done and he was in a bad place mentally. He scored some brilliant goals though.

4. Maybe but I’d have kept him over Meggat and had we had him in League 1 the following season we would probably have won the league much, much earlier. I think people rate him higher because of what he’s done for Alloa but Peter Murphy was twice the player for us.

5. You never know in a cup game. They beat Celtic in the final but it wasn’t a brilliant Killie side. We could’ve played defensively without going about the game the way we did.

6. Nope

We will not own the ground we're playing in within a decade.

Last seasons side wasn't as good as our present team.

Robbie under produced for most of last season.

We'd be up a league if Forrest and Kerr had stayed fit last season.

At the time Brian Reid leaving felt worse than Ian McCall. 
Chris Aitken was a good player and was very unfairly made the scapegoat by the vocal section of our support. 
Ryan Boris firing an overhead cross to Stevo in the box against Dundee under the floodlights was the *best goal I've ever seen at Somerset Park (*Not most important)

12 hours ago, Muggy said:

Dundee’s team from Bonetti era would be challenging the current Celtic side for the title this season.

I’d take a Scottish Cup win followed by relegation.

Dundee will win the league.

They really wouldn't given they finished 6th behind some less than halcyon versions of Kilmarnock, Hibs and Hearts, and only just above a dross Aberdeen (2 points) and poor Motherwell (4 points).

Regarding your second point, I agree. I'd love to see my team win a cup and happily take relegation it that was a trade off (as nearly was the case in 2007). I've never understood why anyone would say different. 

Dundee won't win the league.

If Andy Tod had been in the Scotland squad, they'd have won the 1998 World Cup, Tod would've played the whole tournament with a bloody bandage on his head, interchanging positions at will from centre back to out and out striker as he saw fit.

Joe Cardle should never have been let go by AJ and should be brought back in any capacity at the earliest opportunity.

Sammy the Tammy should be retired. He is a shadow of his former self and frankly just makes me sad about the days of cardboard tanks and sledging down the Norrie McCathie Stand.

Faissal El Bakthaoui was highly overrated and I wasn't in the least bit bothered when he left for Dundee. Nicky Clark was a far more suitable replacement for the Championship and I actually was bothered when he left.

Michael Moffat was underrated (including by myself)

Although I want us to progress and naturally that involves promotion, I quite like being in the Championship and being competitive. I imagine if we were to become a Hamilton or a Motherwell, I wouldn't quite look forward to a season as much.

Edited by TheFinalCountdown

22 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I'm still waiting on what Jim Hamilton dive we're talking about.

If you mean cup semi replay, it was Hamill that was fouled and yes, it looked a bit divey.

A blatant and frankly laughable dive to win the last minute free-kick that Scott Wilson headed home against Hearts.

Had we drawn that game and went to a replay at Tynecastle we'd have lost by 2/3 goals and it would have been a distinctly forgettable season (although we may have stayed up without the distraction/extra games of the cup).

Edited by TheMessiah

18 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

They really wouldn't given they finished 6th behind some less than halcyon versions of Kilmarnock, Hibs and Hearts, and only just above a dross Aberdeen (2 points) and poor Motherwell (4 points).

Regarding your second point, I agree. I'd love to see my team win a cup and happily take relegation it that was a trade off (as nearly was the case in 2007). I've never understood why anyone would say different. 

Dundee won't win the league.

That Bonetti team was farcical. 100k bill on pizzas. The Italians and Argentinians bar a few notable exceptions didn't train with the rest of the squad.

The sheer quality alone in that side with the right manager would have seen us challenging.