Controversial Statements About Your Club

Time tends to be a kind factor on a lot of things. Sometimes things just didn't happen as you remembered it. Sometimes there's things where you expect you'd be going against the narrative of the way things are painted if you said them now. This is the thread to air your views.

Firstly, I still believe Jocky Scott would have got us promoted in 2010. Should never have been sacked.

Secondly, Gavin Rae was utter shite in our league winning season under Hartley and his performances have been glossed over because of who he is and because we won the league. Up there with the poorer players we've had at CM (That said, he is still one of my all time favourites due to his first 2 spells).

Thirdly, Kyle Letheren's save that helped us win the league, wasn't Gordon Banks-esque like many made it out to be. 

Fourthly, (this isn't aimed at Dee's necessarily), but I'd rather last season played out as it did rather than appointing Billy Dodds as assistant and surviving. (Not that he'd have made a difference).

Fifthly, Thomas Konrad was a cracking CH.

Sixthly, I'm against leaving Dens for a new stadium despite everything making logical sense.

And finally, Paul Hartley is the best manager we've had since Jocky and before that, Knox.

Come at me and share your own ridiculous or controversial opinions.

Fraser Aird was more consistent than Joe Cardle. 

The entire Masterton period was a disgrace and we cheated our way to success.

Bert Paton is a bigger club legend than Leishman.

We have had about three good left backs since 1980 but lots of excellent right backs.

Craig Brewster was the best Scottish forward when he played for us and should have been in the Scotland team.

The current board are fantastic and deserve lots of credit but have made some terrible decisions on the playing side.

The guy who runs dafc.net and some of the others should be banned from anything to do with the club as they kept the overspending quiet and banned people from telling the truth.

Edited by D.A.F.C

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Fraser Aird was more consistent than Joe Cardle. 

The entire Masterton period was a disgrace and we cheated our way to success.

Bert Paton is a bigger club legend than Leishman.

We have had about three good left backs since 1980 but lots of excellent right backs.

Craig Brewster was the best Scottish forward when he played for us and should have been in the Scotland team.

The current board are fantastic and deserve lots of credit but have made some terrible decisions on the playing side.

Almost none of those are controversial. Obviously the first one is nonsense and the last one is a bit harsh (they definitely waited too long to punt AJ and it remains to be seen if Crawford is the right appointment, and it's currently looking like he isn't) but the rest are spot on.

Is it though? Aird played 21 games and scored 4. I thought when he linked up with Martin we looked brilliant down that side.

Cardle is incredibly inconsistent and struggles to do anything apart from his trademark.

edit, not meant as a criticism of leishman he more or less made the club what it is today but Bert was very underrated as a manager and was a much better player than Jim for us. I think it’s a bit off that there isn’t a Bert Paton suite or stand etc.

Edited by D.A.F.C

1. Morten Weighorst was a better player than Giorgi Nemsadze. 

2. Had Jocky Scott not been binned for the Bonetti's project, we'd be in a far stronger position both league-wise and financially than we are now

3. The Bonetti era wasn't worth it. Scraping a top six and having Caniggia play for us simply wasn't worth administration x2 and 15 years of mediocrity which followed. 

4. A new stadium whilst potentially cool, won't feel like home for decades. I'd rather stay at Dens. 

5. Letting Jim McLean go in the early 70s was the worst personnel decision anyone's ever made at Dens. 

45 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

1. Morten Weighorst was a better player than Giorgi Nemsadze. 

2. Had Jocky Scott not been binned for the Bonetti's project, we'd be in a far stronger position both league-wise and financially than we are now

3. The Bonetti era wasn't worth it. Scraping a top six and having Caniggia play for us simply wasn't worth administration x2 and 15 years of mediocrity which followed. 

4. A new stadium whilst potentially cool, won't feel like home for decades. I'd rather stay at Dens. 

5. Letting Jim McLean go in the early 70s was the worst personnel decision anyone's ever made at Dens. 

Agree with everything you have said because its all true

Barry Smith is a fucking walloper. 

John Brown was right to tell Rab to GTF. 

ANY fucking Dundee supporter that wants to look back and support the appointment of Billy Dodds should be burned alive. 

We would never have been relegated under Neil McCann. 

Firhill is an absolute shitehole and an embarrassment.

Our support has such loser, Tartan Army mentality. Fans of clubs of a comparative size wouldn’t have put up with half the shite we’ve had to endure over the past few seasons. 

Edited by Hammer Jag

10 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Is it though? Aird played 21 games and scored 4. I thought when he linked up with Martin we looked brilliant down that side.

There is a difference between controversial and wrong. Aird badly exposed the full back he played with when defending and for that reason alone he can't be described as brilliant.