Airdrie V Stranraer

Ammo you know I never complain about refs, but there seems to be a consensus among Airdrie fans that the ref stitched us up.
I'll certainly be giving you the benefit of the doubt this time T.
I was getting updates from my mate at the game, videos etc and his EXACT message was...
"Red card now to stran!! Never a red, tried to overhead kick and refs gave him it, very unlucky".

I know you never bother with refs, and have no previous for complaining [emoji57].
What I will say is that my mate also said he would have fancied Airdrie to score 2 or 3 if it was against 10 or 11 such was the improvement in the second half and Stranraer ended up hanging on by the skin of their teeth.

I was one of the unfortunately blues fans there. Saw a good first half.  Airdrie rank. We even played with 10men in first half for a head knock. Ref books Cummins fir coming back on park after changing his shirt. Airdrie fans fighting with themselves. Booing.

2nd half we didnt get going for the first part of it. Airdrie scored a deserved goal. Manager brings on two subs to get a reaction. Then up steps the clown of a ref to send off our sub young loanee striker from Aberdeen for trying to score a goal. Thought I'd seen it all at broadwood a few weeks ago from a ref but this was incompetence at a new level. Needless to say airdrie saw their chance and equalised.

14 hours ago, Moonball said:

The red card was a joke but let's not kid on Stranraer were anything other than gash as well. Other than the goals we gifted you I don't remember Stranraer having any other chances and I don't think Willison had a save to make the whole game. While the red card undoubtedly helped, As Ammo said, I think there was every chance we'd have scored a couple anyway even if Stranraer had 11 on the park given how the game was going at that point. 

Oh and I should have said too, I have to admire the shithousery of David Dangana refusing to leave the pitch after being sent off (as annoying as it was). That, the 'fighting' in the stands and the game of head tennis between Paul McKay and the Stranraer #3 were easily the highlights of the game. 

1 hour ago, airdrieman said:

Oh and I should have said too, I have to admire the shithousery of David Dangana refusing to leave the pitch after being sent off (as annoying as it was). That, the 'fighting' in the stands and the game of head tennis between Paul McKay and the Stranraer #3 were easily the highlights of the game. 

I was ready for walking out at the head tennis part

6 hours ago, Blue1870 said:

I was one of the unfortunately blues fans there. Saw a good first half.  Airdrie rank. We even played with 10men in first half for a head knock. Ref books Cummins fir coming back on park after changing his shirt. Airdrie fans fighting with themselves. Booing.

2nd half we didnt get going for the first part of it. Airdrie scored a deserved goal. Manager brings on two subs to get a reaction. Then up steps the clown of a ref to send off our sub young loanee striker from Aberdeen for trying to score a goal. Thought I'd seen it all at broadwood a few weeks ago from a ref but this was incompetence at a new level. Needless to say airdrie saw their chance and equalised.

You were right about how rank we were against 10 men at that point. I might be wrong but the rules on blood on shirt is that the player who has to replace a jersey ( and he went back to the dressing room) has to be checked before he is allowed to return . I don't think Cummins was checked and although common sense sees the card as stupid the Ref has to apply the rule. As to Airdrie fans fighting with themselves I now think one was probably an Airdrie fan but the other guys are only here this season to support a player on the park, for personal /family reasons. Booing yes, and I am sure you can understand such frustrations.  I understand your annoyance.The Red card was harsh and a yellow might have been enough  as he did catch the Airdrie defender who got to the ball first.  You can be sent off for trying to score a goal ,if it is a Red card offence, but this was not. 

Just because a player is trying an overhead kick doesn't mean he is immune to a red card, as some have implied. If you were to try it and boot someone in the head then that would rightly be a red card, the player must make a judgement of whether it is safe to try it or not, trying to score a spectacular goal doesn't mean normal rules shouldn't apply.

Having said all that, that was still not a red card. He kicks him somewhere around the middle of his body in a manner that was never going to endanger the opponent. It was a stupid attempt and a yellow card would have been fine. Can tell a lot from a team's reaction and none of the Airdrie players even looked fussed by it, they just walked off and looked as surprised as anyone when he was sent-off.

Red card overturned

airdrie 20190928 006

Our appeal to overturn David Dangana's red card for Stranraer on Saturday at Airdrie has been upheld in part and reduced to a yellow card.

As a result David will have no suspension to serve and will be available immediately.