Edinburgh City vs Queens Park

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

In the games where Purdue was allowed to play in his "natural position" and Davie was switched to the right it didn't work at all. Soon as he went left again he lit up.  Seems to be a lot of focus on making the set up work for Thomson who, by all accounts, is going to ditch us anyway.  Seems to be some down-pressure from up above to get him playing regularly and get the Big referendum done which kind of suggests he's in the shop window so we can make a few bob out of him rather than have the best team to win promotion.

Tbh, this conversation highlights the challenge here. I don't see Thomson as left or right; he seems capable of crossing both. We've lots of decent individuals but imbalanced as a team.  I wouldn't blame the scouting system for that given the few weeks they had to grab what's available. Another indicator that we should be professional and get players committed in March/April time rather than playing the late summer lottery. I'm an advocate of professionalism but so that we can be a steady L1 team, not just for us to sell our best players each year.

Above all of that though, we just need someone to routinely score goals.

No way is Joffrey part of a three   he is a holding midfielder ala  davie Anderson,but should go forward more than block,create and spray passes   I m o

2 minutes ago, 54yrsafan said:

No way is Joffrey part of a three   he is a holding midfielder ala  davie Anderson,but should go forward more than block,create and spray passes   I m o

Also don't think angeman should be ignored,as I feel he has plenty of skill if he can control himself

We must play two upfront with Moore running on to Sal'sl head flicks. Galt must play on the left of mid field in a four, where he can cut in onto his  right foot to cross or shoot at goal. The wee frenchman and Regan and Block the other tree in midfield. A back four of Grant Little Jamieson and Summers and Willie in goals. 

Whatever we do, we must go back to a back four. It really is unnecessary to have 5 at the back at this level and it’s doing us no favours in terms of getting goals. 

Muir 

mortimer      Jamieson      Little   Summers

Block              Joffrey

purdue                   Thomson             Galt

Salim 

Then we have guys like Agyeman and Moore to bring on who both have a greater impact coming on as subs right now 

Edited by qpfc

8 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Whatever we do, we must go back to a back four. It really is unnecessary to have 5 at the back at this level and it’s doing us no favours in terms of getting goals. 

Muir 

mortimer      Jamieson      Little   Summers

Block              Joffrey

purdue                   Thomson             Galt

Salim 

Then we have guys like Agyeman and Moore to bring on who both have a greater impact coming on as subs right now 

It's never 5 at the back   he has been playing 3 5 1 1       agree 2 up front

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:
2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:
I hear the Supporters bar is closed because of Corporates. I know we're a big draw but time these diddy teams got their house in order.
Oh wait....

Into Morrisons and tan a carry out at the park? Is there not a bowling club nearby?

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Let's just cut to the chase here...Tenkay, how many goals will you beat us by?

Difficult to tell mate, seeing as we don't know if the spiders are playing with 3, 4 or 5 at the back. 3,4 or 5 across the midfield and we can't decide if there's 1, 2 or 3 strikers there in those formations!

You'd be better asking Tamthebam for a prediction, he's much more knowledgeable!

Seriously though, we've got to respect QP this weekend as you started the season well, one of the most improved teams.

I will be happy as long as we win, be it 1-0 or 2-1 just as long as we get the three points to keep up with Cove.

51 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

Difficult to tell mate, seeing as we don't know if the spiders are playing with 3, 4 or 5 at the back. 3,4 or 5 across the midfield and we can't decide if there's 1, 2 or 3 strikers there in those formations!

You'd be better asking Tamthebam for a prediction, he's much more knowledgeable!

Seriously though, we've got to respect QP this weekend as you started the season well, one of the most improved teams.

I will be happy as long as we win, be it 1-0 or 2-1 just as long as we get the three points to keep up with Cove.

Could we get away with a 5-5-2 then?

4 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Well the good news for the Spiders fans is that I put two quid on a 3-0 City win at 14/1.... 

.. so 1-0 to Queen's Park then... :rolleyes: