Edinburgh City vs Queens Park

1 hour ago, spider1867 said:

Wonder what team and formation Mark has in mind for this weekend.  Edinburgh going well in league will be a tough game for us. If he sticks to usual formation what is everyone's thoughts. 

Play to win,draw would be more than acceptable,not too confident.   3   5   2    Muir,Gibson Jamieson little

Grant Joffrey block McCrory summers

Gault     Salim

I think the fact that we already have 4 or 5 different lineups/formations being suggested tells its own story. Nobody really knows our optimal lineup and tactics at the moment. Roberts needs to find the answers soon. 

Personally think a move to a back 4 is the way to go and i would go 4231 with

Grant Jamieson Little Clark

Joffrey Block

Moore Thompson Galt

Kouider-Aissa

Do people actually think Joffrey is a holding midfielder? 

Young Reagan is a number 10 all day long in my book. Can see a pass and has a good shot. Get a couple in behing him and let him playand develop. If he is playing centre midfield he will get bullied out of it in our league. 

Edited by spider1867

20 hours ago, spider1867 said:

What about 4231. 

Muir

Grant Litlle Jamieson Clark

McGrory Block

Galt     Joffrey      Reagan  

Sal

I did not drop David in my selection. All we are doing is putting forward how we see the team we would like Mark to play. Galty is the same as everyone else lately struggling for form. As I said previous Reagan is a good player but only 16 and not someone who is going to pull us out of this run. Playing him in his natural position would benefit him. 

31 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

I did not drop David in my selection. All we are doing is putting forward how we see the team we would like Mark to play. Galty is the same as everyone else lately struggling for form. As I said previous Reagan is a good player but only 16 and not someone who is going to pull us out of this run. Playing him in his natural position would benefit him. 

In the games where Purdue was allowed to play in his "natural position" and Davie was switched to the right it didn't work at all. Soon as he went left again he lit up.  Seems to be a lot of focus on making the set up work for Thomson who, by all accounts, is going to ditch us anyway.  Seems to be some down-pressure from up above to get him playing regularly and get the Big referendum done which kind of suggests he's in the shop window so we can make a few bob out of him rather than have the best team to win promotion.

Tbh, this conversation highlights the challenge here. I don't see Thomson as left or right; he seems capable of crossing both. We've lots of decent individuals but imbalanced as a team.  I wouldn't blame the scouting system for that given the few weeks they had to grab what's available. Another indicator that we should be professional and get players committed in March/April time rather than playing the late summer lottery. I'm an advocate of professionalism but so that we can be a steady L1 team, not just for us to sell our best players each year.

Above all of that though, we just need someone to routinely score goals.