Montrose v Peterhead

5 hours ago, jd_mo said:

zonal marking at corners left us looking vulnerable at times.

Spot on. How many times have I said exactly the same thing. Shouldn't really criticise Managers but  in any team you MUST have a player whose only job is to attack the ball and damn well win it! With zonal marking, pushing and shoving there is always going to be one who breaks loose into space and bags one. If one defender attacked the ball instead there would be a much better chance of getting the ball away. Anybody in a dressing room listening?

On a bit of a sad note I missed my first league game of the season and we won today which makes me feel like a jinx - should I go to Clyde next week or not??

Spot on. How many times have I said exactly the same thing. Shouldn't really criticise Managers but  in any team you MUST have a player whose only job is to attack the ball and damn well win it! With zonal marking, pushing and shoving there is always going to be one who breaks loose into space and bags one. If one defender attacked the ball instead there would be a much better chance of getting the ball away. Anybody in a dressing room listening?
On a bit of a sad note I missed my first league game of the season and we won today which makes me feel like a jinx - should I go to Clyde next week or not??

You did miss probably the best three goals we’ll score all season ..

9 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:

Oh well, relegation it is then. We are in big trouble and I can’t see this bunch of players getting us out of it. I hope they can prove me wrong but I don’t hold out much hope. 

Difficult to argue too much 8th would possibly be acceptable. I always try to be optimistic in regard to our team but having now seen us play 8 out of 9 league opponents & apart from possibly Stranraer regardless of the results would say we have been outplayed football wise by them all.. Yesterday may have been entertaining for a neutral as the manager said but it was certainly a horror show for our supporters.

What a relief to finally get our first win of the season.  I thought we were brilliant apart from the first 5 minutes of the second half. Every goal could be a contender for goal of the season. 

Blair Lyons - what a player. Exceptional signing for us and to get him signed up for next season was a great bit of business.

Thought that was Liam Callaghan's best game in a Mo shirt. 

Hopefully we can now climb up the calendar.