Montrose v Peterhead

Relegation decider? At least one of these two teams must be favourites for relegation this season so a win for either will be a welcome three points. I would take a draw to maintain the gap between us but a win would be a bonus and give us some breathing space. Hopefully both teams can avoid relegation and continue in League 1 next season.

1 hour ago, Blue-Toon said:

Relegation decider? At least one of these two teams must be favourites for relegation this season so a win for either will be a welcome three points. I would take a draw to maintain the gap between us but a win would be a bonus and give us some breathing space. Hopefully both teams can avoid relegation and continue in League 1 next season.

Even this early in the season it's a six pointer. As poor as big Russell is apparently playing he would still be better than anything we currently have up front.

If Montrose can score just once we're in trouble.

Even this early in the season it's a six pointer. As poor as big Russell is apparently playing he would still be better than anything we currently have up front.
If Montrose can score just once we're in trouble.
Wouldn't worry about seeing big Russell. He has been dropped from the match day squad the last two weekends. He needs to go out on loan and get some confidence. He has been guff for us.

Excellent first 45, with great strikes from Webby and Watson in particular; big deflection for Peterhead's first.

Sadly all-too-familiar shaky start to second half conceeding two quick goals. Webby's second was another lovely strike and when through 1 on 1 with his easiest chance of the day, he could have had a hat trick.

Overall, a much much better performance, although zonal marking at corners left us looking vulnerable at times.

Webby well worth his MotM, and Lyons must have pushed him very close: some awful challenges on him today and according to today's ref team it's seemingly ok to hold shirts for 90 minutes and not get booked.

Crazy game and could easily have been 6-6, but delighted with the effort, performance and 3 points.

3 minutes ago, Toon 68 said:

Pains me to say this but it’s time to move on.  The old pals act has worn off.  Time to inject new blood and enthusiasm. 

This should've happened 3 seasons ago, it's the same old McInally format and it's time for a change of style - we have relied on Rory for too long now and injuries and his age are catching up on him.

Thought there would only be one goal in this, but didn't expect to see seven in total. I can see why Peterhead fans are cheesed off, they looked really, really poor and got nothing despite us basically chucking two goals in. They look like being down the wrong end without changing things up. Would have been sore not to have got 3 points today.  Hopefully the team take a bit of confidence and kick on now, but still concerned about lack of a midfield and there were quite a few individual errors. McBeath, Lyons and Webster all really good today.

Well thank God for that finally 3 points on the board.Big performance and 3 points was needed and the side delivered,Blair Lyons and webby were my pick out the bunch both had a really good games.How on earth Jamie Stevenson never seen red near the end is absolute scandalous,17 for them also could have been off for a cynical foul on Blair both a cowards challenge and awful decisions from the man in black who was horrendous to say the least.

Well thank God for that finally 3 points on the board.Big performance and 3 points was needed and the side delivered,Blair Lyons and webby were my pick out the bunch both had a really good games.How on earth Jamie Stevenson never seen red near the end is absolute scandalous,17 for them also could have been off for a cynical foul on Blair both a cowards challenge and awful decisions from the man in black who was horrendous to say the least.

Overwhelming sense of relief after that. Thoroughly deserved the win but fkk me we don’t make things easy!! Defensively we are still all over the place .. how many goals is that we’ve lost from shit defending at crosses? .. and our central midfield is far too soft ... but three worldies got us over the line. I agree Stevenson should’ve walked .. no attempt to do anything other than send Blair into the stand .. not so sure about the earlier one .. although the boy knew what he was doing. The fact he got away with three more fouls without a second yellow was puzzling. Thought Liam had a great game .. has come in for a lot of criticism but today showed what he can do when he’s on it. Same again next week please. Peterhead were poor .. we gifted them all three goals and still managed the win. Can’t expect that too often. Last word .. well done Webby!!