Rangers vs Hearts - League Cup

The_Kincardine

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Don’t talk pish. Hardly the game to judge Hickey when he’s having to play at right back and clearly isn’t comfortable there. When he’s played left back or in the centre of defence he’s done very well and impressed in a totally abysmal team.

What games has he played in the centre of the defence?

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

Well his chances of playing left back for scotland are nil considering the competition so right back is his only hope

I agree with that. He appears to be a fairly two footed player as well but looks far more comfortable on the left or in the centre. For Scotland I’d like to see him come in and replace Charlie Mulgrew because he’s done.

28 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

What games has he played in the centre of the defence?

Can’t remember but he definitely has and can. I’m sure a Hearts fan or a google search will find the answer you seek.

11 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Why not? The boys has serious potential. He can slot in as a left sided centre back no problem and I’d have him starting there ahead of the done Charlie Mulgrew any day.

Hearts turned up today solely to try and keep the score down. They really are utter dug shite.

Also, Austin MacPhee is an utter tramp! emoji1.png Could’ve at least made an effort and tied that stupid hair of his back in a ponytail. Looked like someone just out the jail who’s grabbed a suit from Asda for his first job interview.

A shout to play a Hearts teenager at centre half, for the Scotland national team, in a position I don’t think he has ever played for Hearts, is up there with the most idiotic things I’ve ever heard. Starting ahead of Mulgrew 😂 

Let the boy develop. He really isn’t at that level yet.

I agree about him developing and the U21 pathway etc will probably benefit him but I think he’s as good as, if not better than some guys in recent Scotland squads IMO. So for me it’s a case of ‘If you’re good enough you’re old enough’.

was there as a neutral yesterday.  I knew Hearts were struggling but was hoping they'd get a bounce. 

Hearts have possibly two or three decent players surrounded by has beens and those that are simply not good enough.

The Japanese boy would be decent if he had anyone to play with.

The right back looked ok.

Berra is decent enough.

Astonished people think Whelan is worth a punt.  He was wandering around with no enthuisasm at all off the ball.  Would have a kick if the ball  came anywhere near him and that's it.  Was expecting him to be a lot better.  

Incredible Irving is at Hearts.  A nothing player.  You can see McKinnon's drummed in the backward pass.

Ikpeazu showed desire but just bumbles about and loses it eventually.

The Goalkeeper has no presence and rarely caught the ball at first attempt... 

McLean definitely a limited player but at least tried to harry the Rangers defence.  Seemed to be the only one trying to get near the opponent.  Taken off before sent off.

I like to see our big clubs outside the old firm show a bit of mettle at least.  I think you're needing a total overhaul of players there.  Bar one or two they're not good enough for Hearts.

Rangers didn't have to be that good to look good.

Edited by tirso

8 hours ago, gannonball said:

The absolute nick of Naismith here

Trying to get another player sent off for violent conduct, I wonder if compliance officer will look at this .....