St Mirren v Hearts

HT 0-0

Prolly about right, both sides huffed and puffed without offering much.

Although we had a goal disallowed by a late flag about 25 mins in. Looked tight but prolly correct, would like to see it again though.

Think a draw would be... ok here. Just don’t lose.

FT 0-0

Second half followed much the same pattern as the first, scrappy. Hearts had a good chance half way through on the volley, over the bar.

We are, well organised. 7 games, every single 1 of them close. Not more than a goal in it either way In every game. We are fine defensively, thought Broadfoot was excellent last week and today. What a signing he looks.

We just lack that bit of quality and spark going forward. When/if we find that, we will be fine. If we don’t, there’s going to be a lot more 0-0 draws.

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Could he be playing a back 3?

Both Teams To Score looks even better now

I assumed it couldn't possibly be a back 3 due to us only having one centre half.  I didn't factor in he's a lunatic and would play Aaron Hickey there.

Halkett has done his medial ligaments apparently.  f**k me.

9 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I assumed it couldn't possibly be a back 3 due to us only having one centre half.  I didn't factor in he's a lunatic and would play Aaron Hickey there.

Halkett has done his medial ligaments apparently.  f**k me.

What are we doing as a warm up - a couple of deep breaths and a fart?

We need to find something that works up front. At the moment it's putting too much pressure on us as the ball just doesn't stick and there is very little threat on the break and it's just waves of attack coming onto us. The defence is solid, but we are always susceptible to something, even just a jammy one because the ball is in our half too much.

Poor result. Some letting Levein off as we played 120 mins against Aberdeen. We only did that because our shambles of a defence, as per, gave away two penalties.

The Halkett injury is a sickener too. How TF do we get so many injuries? Unfit? Not enough stretching? Slack warm-ups?

At least we'll avoid relegation and may top the bottom six.

Edited by Crùbag

Fair result IMHO. Once more, you talk as much about the officials as the game. Utterly inept - for both teams. Liked the look of that kid for Hearts who scored against Hibs. Thin as a rake, but doesn’t get pushed around and has a mean shot on him.

For St. Mirren, I’d rather have Duckens Nazon and Simeon Jackson than Obika and Morais. 

Putting Morais up top on his own was lunacy from Goodwin. It didn't work last week and it didn't today as he can't win a high ball. I'd like to see Mullen start as at least he is a bit more physical and offers more of a threat. 

At least, unlike last season we have a defence that isn't terrible but we can't create or score enough. 

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Fair result IMHO. Once more, you talk as much about the officials as the game. Utterly inept - for both teams. Liked the look of that kid for Hearts who scored against Hibs. Thin as a rake, but doesn’t get pushed around and has a mean shot on him.

For St. Mirren, I’d rather have Duckens Nazon and Simeon Jackson than Obika and Morais. 

Jackson defo, Duckens maybe. Someone in the pub after the game said we have 2 grafters and 2 physical forwards,  unfortunately none are going to score regularly.  Would be tempted to bring back Hammill.  

We were lucky not to be two down at half time thanks to our goalie. Junior is awful no way he is a decent striker. Can't beat a man one to one. Cant win a ball when closely marked rank rotten for me. Tequila 'Obika is slightly better with his effort near the end but in no way a goal machine.  I would start Mullen everytime not a goal machine but can hold up the ball well also a nightmare for defenders. Ryan Flynn is a good player but why oh why keep passing the ball back or sideways today. It's time Stephen McGinn is given his chance. McGuinness  has too much on his shoulders he is too young to shout orders to older players ( again Stephen McGinn needed ) Kyle was poor today but he is young. Our number 11 winger he is not up to the standard needed. Starting to see real weekness in St Mirren. Great Support from Hearts there team are carrying a lot of injuries will come good when players come back. Hearts carried more threat than St Mirren. Thompson in the main stand will be intresting to hear his view in Sportscene.  Roxy Music on Sky Arts nice one. 

Edited by Demented Zebra

35 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Jackson defo, Duckens maybe. Someone in the pub after the game said we have 2 grafters and 2 physical forwards,  unfortunately none are going to score regularly.  Would be tempted to bring back Hammill.  

Played for Stockport in National league one today, so not happening.

Our players need to pass more accurately and spot runs when they're made. Too often today we either fucked up the pass or missed the opportunity to make the killer pass. Far too pedestrian.

The chances that we're creating for our forwards are few and far between.

Although with the odd one that we have created, the forwards should be at least testing the 'keeper.

Edited by FTOF

32 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Played for Stockport in National league one today, so not happening.

Our players need to pass more accurately and spot runs when they're made. Too often today we either fucked up the pass or missed the opportunity to make the killer pass. Far too pedestrian.

The chances that we're creating for our forwards are few and far between.

Although with the odd one that we have created, the forwards should be at least testing the 'keeper.

We need a cutting edge that is severely lacking.  We look nervous. 

Ryan Flynn is a good player but why oh why keep passing the ball back or sideways today. It's time Stephen McGinn is given his chance. McGuinness  has too much on his shoulders he is too young to shout orders to older players ( again Stephen McGinn needed ) Kyle was poor today but he is young. Our number 11 winger he is not up to the standard needed.

Pish - Ryan Flynn is better than McGinn. Magennis wasn’t poor & I’m sure is more than capable of barking at other players. Durmus has shown he can compete at this level. Today wasn’t a bad result - it highlighted what we lack upfront not what we lack in midfield.

I thought Durmus was fine today. He beat his full back a few times, provided an out ball that Morais didn't, and put in some decent crosses, one if which it looked like we should have scored from. He's been much better than Mcallister for me.