Hamilton Academical v Livingston #DiddyAlliance

That was one of the worst games of football I've seen in a long time. Very short on quality. Accies were compact and hard to break down and we missed Dykes big time. I like Scott Robinson but he's not useful as a lone striker. I think Accies caught us at a good time as the midweek game sucked a lot of the energy and intensity out of our play. They looked like they had a bit more fight about them than we did. It's a crap result but we're better than what we showed today. I fancy the players to bounce back and start picking up points soon. Perhaps not next weekend but thereafter.

In the meantime, we need to start looking for another striker. Our attack is completely dependent on Dykes at the moment. And no, recalling Jack Hamilton is not the answer. I would also, as others have said, get Sarkic in goals for the next few games. He impressed against Rangers during the week and Stewart looked ropey today. I'd like to see Savane get a chance as well.

Fair play to Accies. You nullified our attack for most of the game and took your chances when they arrived. No complaints about the score and looking forward to the next time we face each other. Hopefully it's a bit more entertaining.

Didn't look a penalty in the highlights but Stewart shouldn't have come for the ball either, bad decision making by him.

Looked like we had a good shout for a penalty when Robbo was pulled down in the box plus the throw in was a foul throw...one of these days important decisions are gonna go our way

Don't hold your breath on that one Cptn. Last three games - Cosgrove got a dodgy penalty for Aberdeen, Dykes got hauled down as last man but ref waved play on v Rangers and Steven McLean fooled by the big Hamilton no 99 going down in the box on Saturday. 🙄

It was a stonewaller the keeper had no need to come and challenge him so he gave the ref the decision to make. Tbh livis keeper looked dodgy and I’m disappointed we didn’t really test him. The guy that played against Rangers looked better.

57 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

It was a stonewaller the keeper had no need to come and challenge him so he gave the ref the decision to make. Tbh livis keeper looked dodgy and I’m disappointed we didn’t really test him. The guy that played against Rangers looked better.

Nope, it wasn't, agree Stewart had no need to come for it though. Yeah Sarkic had a good game against Sevco, about time Holt gave him his chance in the league games.

52 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

I thought the penalty looked saft as fck tbh from the highlights. He barely touches him. Daft from the keeper though.

Yep, wasn't a pen but Stewart had no need to come for it and was that late he misses the ball and touches the player with his arm as he's falling down. Robinson had a better claim for a penalty than that but got nothing. 

12 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Didn't look a penalty in the highlights but Stewart shouldn't have come for the ball either, bad decision making by him.

Didn't think it was a penalty at the game and definitely don't now I have seen the highlights.

Another in a long list of strange decisions from the ref. Martindale and Holt were p1shing themselves laughing at a couple of his decisions.

6 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Aye so he did and the ref made the wrong one. Never a penalty. But we're used to that at Livi. At least our diddy alliance brothers benefitted this time rather than the elites. 😄