Hamilton Academical v Livingston #DiddyAlliance

Need a striker in asap. These are the games that will shape our season and to lose from a winning position is utter pish. This was a great chance to put some distance between us and Hamilton ahead of a probable scudding from Celtic next week. This team is nothing without dykes and pittman

Embarrassing stuff. Sarkic needs to start from now on, and we badly need dykes and Pittman back. Savane or McMillan should start at lb, for weeks now Lamie’s passing has been well below mark. We need a centre half to start carrying the ball , so many times today they had the space to run into but still launched it forward.

Fair play to our brothers for getting the win but that game would go a long way towards getting football stopped. 

3 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
19 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
Very good result.
When did we last win from behind in the league?

As far as I remember, 2-1 v Partick Thistle (February 2018).

Cheers.

I had in my head the 3-2 v Hearts, but dismissed that as it was about 5 years ago 😂

Massive result considering next weeks battle is at Snake Mountain.
Aye, that one's a roll up, roll up who wants to go to that one game...

Today we were poor but scraped a win - a game we'd likely have drawn or lost under Canning.

It's funny how now he's fully fit & playing in the correct position how much better Gogic has been this season...

Pretty even game due to how poor both sides were.

I've liked what I've seen of the back five this season (OFW and McMann have been pleasant surprises, while McGowan has done well in the last couple) and we're seemingly limiting quality chances for the opposition. Gogic has been tremendous for the most part, winning a lot in the middle and providing he keeps it simple, fine in possession.

The problem comes further up the field: Smith's struggling, Ogkmpoe ranges from sublime to horrendous within seconds, and Alston is fantastic at driving counters but floats out of games too often. Davies was shocking.

I thought we tried to be decent in the first half, to no avail, and they clearly worked on a sequence of stretching the left half-space for Easton to play the ball into someone to flick it for a third runner. That kind of disappeared in the second half though and Easton's passing became more direct.

Defensively, the problem in the second half was Gogic had to do all the midfield work himself as every game Hughes plays passes him by. It allowed Bartley soooooo much space.

I don't like Cunningham but his penalty record is fantastic. Surely someone is going to realise they're all blasted right down the middle though?

47 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Excellent work. Hamilton get a good 3 points and we get a goal to keep spirits up.

giphy.gif

In the spirit of the Alliance. Well done Accies. How we managed too fech that up is beyond me. Dykes and Pitman would have stroled this.But fair does.They were sitting in the  stand injured.  Would be great if we both stayed up again.long season ahead 

Well done.🦁 

Massive opportunity missed today. These are the games we can’t lose. 4 defeats in a row and Celtic next week. We are lacking someone in midfield to put their foot on the ball and control the tempo. Looked shaky today after playing so well against rangers. Dykes obviously a miss but we need other players to step up

Far too many misplaced or overhit passes today. When we do pass the ball on the deck we are a different side. Two wingers today in Souda and Stobbs , how many times did they get to byeline? Not convinced with Crawford, lot of running around but no end product. Spent a lot of time on his arse today.  Get on phone to QoS and get Hamilton back,please. He might not be the answer to goal scoring probs but if we are going to persist with this long ball stuff he can support Dykes no bother. 

4 hours ago, Menga Bus said:

Embarrassing stuff. Sarkic needs to start from now on, and we badly need dykes and Pittman back. Savane or McMillan should start at lb, for weeks now Lamie’s passing has been well below mark. We need a centre half to start carrying the ball , so many times today they had the space to run into but still launched it forward.

Fair play to our brothers for getting the win but that game would go a long way towards getting football stopped. 

Unfair on Lammie. He has been steady and strong at the back this season. He puts in a shift and wins most balls in the air.

Maybe put everything into the Sevco cup game because that was the worst I've seen us this season, created no chances of note, so wasn't even a case of not sticking them away, at times it looked like our players didn't know one another with the amount of misplaced passes they were doing. Think I should give Accies away a miss, that twice I've gone through and we've lost latish in the game and played absolute dire football. At least it was nice and sunny today, last time it was lashing it down.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, Livilion28 said:

Dykes obviously a miss but we need other players to step up

Agree with this completely.  Pittman as well - his absence should not be used as an excuse. Lawless and Souda (just) have been above par this season. Yet to be convinced by our other attacking options.

In addition to this, this is yet another game where Stewart has faced minimal chances and still conceded more than one goal. It's not good enough for a team like us. Sarkic in against Celtic please.