The Binos v The Warriors

First local derby of the season on Saturday when we entertain Stenny at Forthbank. 

Important game for both teams this early in the season. For Stenny without a manager and having Davie Irons in temporary charge are 4 points above us and will be looking to get something from this match. 

For us 2nd bottom of the League 1 point ahead of bottom club Brechin City whom we face away next week, we need to start winning games and moving up this table. Our biggest problem this season is scoring goals only 3 goals in 7 games is poor. Lets hope on Saturday our strikers manage to find the net a few times, clearly with the likes of Duffy, Bikey, Peters hopefully we can get the goals. 

Reckon we will get the win but it will not be a pretty game to watch imo but hopefully we can score a couple of goal s to ease past Stenny and move up the table. 

Prediction Binos 2 Warriors 0 

I may live to regret this but I honestly don’t see many goals in this match, which is surprising as I tipped Stenny to win the league during pre-season, as I felt in McGuigan & Hopkirk they had 2 players that would score over 20 goals between them.

We’ve started to get our season back on track with a win and a draw in our last 2 games, but it’s worrying to think we have only scored 3 goals thus far.

Against Elgin, the quartet of Duffy, Bikey, Peters and Jardine were excellent until Peters went off injured and Bikey ran out of steam, but the signs were there to see and you live in hope that they can click enough to start creating opportunities and scoring goals.

Let’s hope there is no new manager bounce for The Warriors and we can get another positive result as Elgin & Stenny are the 2 teams we need to catch, and Elgin face Brechin. It’s bad enough being in this position, never mind being slightly isolated with Brechin.

1 hour ago, Moonglum25 said:

Will both stands be open?

No only the West Stand will be open. Don't expect many Stenny supporters to make the long journey from Stenhousemuir to Forthbank. Normally a section of the West Stand at the Monument end is reserved for away supporters. 

Well we got a point in the end but we were unfortunate not to get all 3 points due to a couple of good saves from the Stenny goalie from efforts by Sean Heaver and Dylan Bikey. 

Looked for a long time it would end up another 1-0 defeat for us but thanks to Sean Heaver we salvage a point. Unfortunately due to a late winner at Brechin for the home side we go to the bottom of the League 1 point behind Brechin and Elgin. 

Should be quite a game next week at Glebe Park when we take on Brechin. 

Thought a draw was a fair result today. We dominated the 1st and Stirling the 2nd. First half was as good as we have played this season but we couldn’t sustain it for 90 minutes. In fact we couldn’t really sustain it for much more than 45 minutes. Quite a different game from the previous week. Loads of chances and some decent football.

I can never understand why teams that win the toss elect to switch ends when there’s no obvious advantage.

There was an advantage, Stirling ended up shooting into the sun first half.

Have to say that I felt a point each was a fair result for both teams although Stenny might be the more disappointed tonight as they appeared to be on easy streak and let us back into the game.

Frustrating first half for the Binos, with 2 clear penalties being turned down, which then followed an error strewn First Half by the ref, however that shouldn’t cover up the abject performance by most of the Stirling players and it really was only a matter of time before Stenny scored.

Willie Gibson is a clever player, and strolled the half, but when you let him cut across the front of the 18 yard box unchallenged and leave a man unmarked out wide then you are inevitably asking for trouble and there was no surprise when the header was guided past Currie.

Take away the Defence, I wasn’t quite sure who was playing where in the First Half as there seemed to be no really structure.

Second Half was a huge improvement and, in my view, the subs along with moving Bikey out wide changed the game. Stenny seemed happy just to sit in and let us pressure them, in truth, you could see where they were coming from because we were pretty hopeless for long period of the game and the Stenny back 4 never seemed like conceding.

I’ve not seen Sean Heaver play before, but goal aside, I was really impressed with what I saw, he was so positive and did more in the 20 minutes or so than I’ve seen some players do all season. As we started to get a foot hold of the game, the frustrations from the Stenny Director(s) could be heard all around us and when Cammy Thomson was introduced, it was clear we had the momentum.

Smith was fortunate with a save from Heaver and did well with efforts from Bikey and Hawke, but once Heaver scored, we could have possibly went on to win the game but that would have been harsh on Stenny.

It was a well earned point in the end, as I said above, a fair reflection on the game, a half each but we’ve got to find a way of turning these 20 minute performances into full 90 minutes.

Question marks remain about some of the ball retention and sloppy passes that we simply give away, Kevin Nicoll being the biggest culprit, and we were pretty turgid for a big part of the match. However, being a glass half full type of guy, you have to say well done to the players for getting out of the mess and pulling a point out the bag, it’s just unfortunate for us that Brechin pull a winner out of the bag to send us bottom.

I don’t think it’s time to panic just yet, but I’m sure everyone at the club would acknowledge that things have to change, I honestly don’t think we are a million miles away from that, but if we can find a way of playing for 90+ minutes, then the task will be so much easier.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

There was an advantage, Stirling ended up shooting into the sun first half.

Have to say that I felt a point each was a fair result for both teams although Stenny might be the more disappointed tonight as they appeared to be on easy streak and let us back into the game.

Frustrating first half for the Binos, with 2 clear penalties being turned down, which then followed an error strewn First Half by the ref, however that shouldn’t cover up the abject performance by most of the Stirling players and it really was only a matter of time before Stenny scored.

Willie Gibson is a clever player, and strolled the half, but when you let him cut across the front of the 18 yard box unchallenged and leave a man unmarked out wide then you are inevitably asking for trouble and there was no surprise when the header was guided past Currie.

Take away the Defence, I wasn’t quite sure who was playing where in the First Half as there seemed to be no really structure.

Second Half was a huge improvement and, in my view, the subs along with moving Bikey out wide changed the game. Stenny seemed happy just to sit in and let us pressure them, in truth, you could see where they were coming from because we were pretty hopeless for long period of the game and the Stenny back 4 never seemed like conceding.

I’ve not seen Sean Heaver play before, but goal aside, I was really impressed with what I saw, he was so positive and did more in the 20 minutes or so than I’ve seen some players do all season. As we started to get a foot hold of the game, the frustrations from the Stenny Director(s) could be heard all around us and when Cammy Thomson was introduced, it was clear we had the momentum.

Smith was fortunate with a save from Heaver and did well with efforts from Bikey and Hawke, but once Heaver scored, we could have possibly went on to win the game but that would have been harsh on Stenny.

It was a well earned point in the end, as I said above, a fair reflection on the game, a half each but we’ve got to find a way of turning these 20 minute performances into full 90 minutes.

Question marks remain about some of the ball retention and sloppy passes that we simply give away, Kevin Nicoll being the biggest culprit, and we were pretty turgid for a big part of the match. However, being a glass half full type of guy, you have to say well done to the players for getting out of the mess and pulling a point out the bag, it’s just unfortunate for us that Brechin pull a winner out of the bag to send us bottom.

I don’t think it’s time to panic just yet, but I’m sure everyone at the club would acknowledge that things have to change, I honestly don’t think we are a million miles away from that, but if we can find a way of playing for 90+ minutes, then the task will be so much easier.

A truly dire game of football which would not have been out of place on a public park. We have on of the best playing surfaces in Scotland but both teams were intent on giving the opposing defenders heading practice. 

First half Stenny were on top but our goalkeeper had an easy day apart from the goal, second half we only started to play just before 4.30 and might have taken the 3 points if we'd started at 3.00.

As for the officials they were on a level with the standard of play. Talk about giving a primary school teacher a whistle! He was a walking example if the wee man syndrome.

Edited by AlbionMan

Game of two halves.

We dominated the first and played the best football we have all year and stirling were much better second half & had us penned in a fair bit, thou I feel we brought that upon ourselves, we looked scared second half as to not lose a goal rather than go and kill it off.

Draw a fair result and a marked improvement already.

Definitely the draw was the fair result in the end.

We were so far in front as a football team in the first half it was the first time for a long, long time it was good to watch. Gibson ran the show and Tam, Hoppy and Cook were running amok. Stirling were a rabbit in the headlights.

Second half it was roles reversed. Bikey and the couple of subs for Stirling seemed to work a treat and we were holding on towards the end.

Couldn't really fault any of the players they all played to a decent level and it's encouragement for moving forward.