Brechin City v Elgin City

21 minutes ago, afca32 said:

I believe this is the first league meeting between the two Cities since 2001/02. Correct me if wrong. Also my first visit to Glebe Park and very much looking forward to it. Best pubs in the town?

Brechin Arms and The Stables probably the best .  The stables is the closest to the ground. 

I believe this is the first league meeting between the two Cities since 2001/02. Correct me if wrong. Also my first visit to Glebe Park and very much looking forward to it. Best pubs in the town?
Be better off getting a carry out and drinking it in on the bus Brechin pubs are pish.

18 hours ago, mo83 said:
20 hours ago, afca32 said:

Be better off getting a carry out and drinking it in on the bus Brechin pubs are pish.

The City club bar  under the stand at the ground then. ;)

Struggling to be confident on how this one might turn out. Earlier in the season when Elgin visited in the BetFred they were in excellent form & banging goals in for fun, with a much tighter defence than last season, whilst Brechin were seemingly in disarray & everything was doom & gloom about the club. Elgin proceeded to play some lovely football & bang in five, whilst also demonstrating some dreadful defending from set-pieces to concede four.

Since then Elgin's form hasn't been great overall, goals haven't been flowing so freely, & league wins & points have been hard to come by, whilst Brechin seem to potentially be slowly emerging from the doom & gloom. Would like to think that Elgin would come & deliver a decent performance across the team & the 90 minutes & take home all three points, but a nagging doubt is suggesting a draw, or even a home win.

Any other thoughts?

19 hours ago, Am Muilleach said:

We need to start actually hitting the target if we are to get anything, from any game.

Stats for the last two games are;  Shots - 19 Shots on target - 2

You aren't going to win much with an average of one shot on target per game.

Hopefully Shane has got the habit back after notching four in the midweek training game against Lossie. Fingers crossed!

If Elgin had had their shooting boots on we could have been a couple down at half time but as the game went on we looked stronger and stronger. Both keepers had crucial saves and again Paul McManus worked his socks off.  Definite signs of improvement and excellent application. I just wish Duggie Hill would  stop conceding free kicks on the edge of the box. 

Only 3 points off promotion pay off place!

I’m seeing a notable improvement in the team since Wilson took charge. The players seem to have a bit more belief and we actually played some really good stuff today.

Still think we are a striker light. If we can someone in to help Shagger up top then I’m very hopeful of us clawing away from danger.

On ‎26‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 14:10, Highland ITFC said:

Struggling to be confident on how this one might turn out. Earlier in the season when Elgin visited in the BetFred they were in excellent form & banging goals in for fun, with a much tighter defence than last season, whilst Brechin were seemingly in disarray & everything was doom & gloom about the club. Elgin proceeded to play some lovely football & bang in five, whilst also demonstrating some dreadful defending from set-pieces to concede four.

Since then Elgin's form hasn't been great overall, goals haven't been flowing so freely, & league wins & points have been hard to come by, whilst Brechin seem to potentially be slowly emerging from the doom & gloom. Would like to think that Elgin would come & deliver a decent performance across the team & the 90 minutes & take home all three points, but a nagging doubt is suggesting a draw, or even a home win.

Any other thoughts?

Turns out that the nagging doubt was the winner as well as Brechin. As was commented above by both Elgin & Brechin supporters, the continuing inability to hit the target (6 from 20 shots yesterday accordingly to the BBC stats) & take chances again looks to have been the Achilles heel.

17 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

I’m seeing a notable improvement in the team since Wilson took charge. The players seem to have a bit more belief and we actually played some really good stuff today.

Still think we are a striker light. If we can someone in to help Shagger up top then I’m very hopeful of us clawing away from danger.

Wilson did make reference to that when he came into the lounge late on after the game.

18 hours ago, brechincity said:

Can certainly say Mark Wilson comes across great when speaking unlike previous managers... knows where the weaknesses are in the team and won't shy away from any questions put to him.

Speaking was his job on the telly / radio !! but really hope he does turn things around

Edited by Best Team in Angus