Falkirk v Methil

We’ve viewed it back & will include it in our highlights. Dunsmore’s hand is on Telfer’s back but there is no push. Kind of stupid to go down as he would have had a clear shot at goal! Seen them given but in truth we had three more clear cut pens turned down last week!

Do the highlights have the penalty claim? I've scanned through them a couple of times and can't seem to find it. 
If it's there and I'm just missing it could someone post a timestamp please.

It will be in the East Fife highlights that should be up later today. Dunsmore’s hands are on Telfer’s back but wouldn’t say it’s a clear push. Seen them given but I think it would have been soft.

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

They normal guy who does the camera work is pretty decent but he was absent yesterday. And yes, they are all volunteers.

It's not an easy job at all, and it's good to see you have a team prepared to put in the time required. I'm sure your efforts are greatly appreciated by the Falkirk fans, particularly those who live some distance away...

4 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Falkirk have reuploaded highlights, including penalty incident. Definitely not as clear as it looked in person, would’ve been of the very soft variety if given 

4:15 if anyone's interested. It HAS TO BE, HAS TO BE penalty apparently. :rolleyes:

Pretty embarrassing dive from Telfer there. It's tricky to see at full speed so I watched it slowed down. Dunsmore's hand's on his back/shoulder but there's clearly no force and no trip. The commentary is an absolute treat at x0.25 speed as well. I imagine that's what Rangers TV sounds like at normal speed.

The Longridge shot that hit the post was the one passage of play yesterday where I thought Falkirk really opened us up. Watching it back on the highlights, it's lovely the way the ball's worked from the right back to left wing area.

Edited by Gordon EF

Managed to cut out Dowds chance completely & just for completeness there was a double substitution (30 secs) & a single one (30 secs) so one minute was the right injury time. Referring to the EF players by number rather than name very poor!

2 minutes ago, LiamA said:

Managed to cut out Dowds chance completely & just for completeness there was a double substitution (30 secs) & a single one (30 secs) so one minute was the right injury time. Referring to the EF players by number rather than name very poor!

I thought the Rovers were bad enough with their usually heavily biased highlights, but I think the Bairns top that, after watching theirs.

East Fife have a good team there. We played below our potential but a lot of that was down to the right tactics of the Fife. We need to find ways of changing our game in situations where the opposition are well organised. Think Telfer needs a break and Connolly is starting to suffer from the frequent challenges he is involved in. I still think we need to find the right combo up front

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Pretty embarrassing dive from Telfer there. It's tricky to see at full speed so I watched it slowed down. Dunsmore's hand's on his back/shoulder but there's clearly no force and no trip.

Seems to be about as good a description as I’ve seen. Watching it at full speed, there is still a delay between the hand on the back and the “reaction to a push”. Why he chose to fall, I have no idea, because it looked like he was clean and in...which makes me wonder if there was a little push...but it certainly doesn’t look that way. 

I watched it again and the referee certainly had a better view than the camera, as he was at an angle that allowed him to see the actions of both Dunsmore (?) and Telfer.

39 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I watched it again and the referee certainly had a better view than the camera, as he was at an angle that allowed him to see the actions of both Dunsmore (?) and Telfer.

When does the ref having a better view = he got the decision right.

If that was the case, surely Telfer would've got a booking ?

15 minutes ago, MrDust said:

When does the ref having a better view = he got the decision right.

If that was the case, surely Telfer would've got a booking ?

Depends what the ref saw...if Telfer lost his footing and slipped, even if he called for a push call, it’s not simulation...impossible to tell what the ref saw and believed...but he clearly didn’t see a push.

51 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Depends what the ref saw...if Telfer lost his footing and slipped, even if he called for a push call, it’s not simulation...impossible to tell what the ref saw and believed...but he clearly didn’t see a push.

What he saw was it wasn't a penalty and Telfer remonstrating for a period of 2mins or so repeatedly afterwards the incident with him.

The footage doesn't clear up if Telfer is basing his thoughts if it was a push or his foot was clipped for it being a penalty.

I thought it was a reasonably entertaining game, as for once the opposition came to attack instead of defend for the 90 mins.

1st half we had a few decent half chances as did East Fife and they probably should have taken the lead when their striker was 1 on 1.

2nd half East Fife didn’t offer much but there was 1 or 2 scares. Longridge inexplicably blasted the ball over when he had a free shot at goal, it truly was easier to score!
Big call by Ray doing the double substitution and he got it wrong, it killed the game tbh, I thought McManus and McMillan offered a lot more upfront but I guess that wouldn’t be hard.

Again though we were too pedestrian at times and the crosses into the box were not good enough. Its also concerning that we had no one on the bench who could come on and change the game!

Probably a point was fair.

Massive match for Ray next week, it really is a must win.

Believe in the history of McKinnon. There is no way that he will see next week as a “must win” game. It is exactly what he lives for...it’s a “must not lose” game. Fully expect him to go there and shitfest for a point.

He will then claim that 16 points from a possible 36 is a superb foundation to build on for the next quarter.