Falkirk v Methil

17 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Read a couple of pages and can't be fucked reading any more, anyone able to comment on the penalty shout?

Looked half decent from where I was sitting in the South Stand but given it's the other end of the park I wouldn't trust it

I was in the main stand and I agree with you. But it’s hard to tell from that far away.

Would have taken a point before the game and was quite happy to walk away with that after 90 minutes. Cammy Bell showed why the Bairns have only lost 2 goals in 8 games and fair play to him, he took the banter from the Fife fans well and sportingly applauded them at the end of the game. First half was pretty even with Bell making two excellent saves and Jordan Hart reacting well to turn a shot round the post and possibly getting a touch to the shot which hit the post.
The penalty claim, I have to admit I expected the Referee to point to the spot. However, after being denied a few penalties last week against Dumbarton, maybe this was the start of these things evening themselves out over the season !
The second half saw Falkirk have more possession but without really creating many clear cut chances apart from the shot from inside the box which was blazed over. Hart didn’t really have any saves of note as we defended well throughout.
I felt for Anton Dowds today as he missed Ryan Wallace who would have given the Falkirk defenders more of a physical battle and held the ball up. Hopefully Waldo is back in the starting line-up next week against Stranraer.
I got the feeling that some of the Falkirk players feel they are too good for this league but they have to realise, they are plying their trade in League 1 as they probably didn’t have many offers from the league above or not on the money Falkirk offered. Teams in this league will raise their game in an attempt to get points off the full-time outfit. They have to deal with that and raise their game to the higher level most have played at. I’m sure they will be in the mix at the end of the season but I can’t see it being the walk in the park that some seem to think.

Perhaps you’ll get lucky and an adult novelty chain will sponsor the plinth, as long as they sculpt it into a phallus? Heck, in that case, it could even be some druids.

Surely the place has more than enough dildos in situ already!!!

Just watched the Falkirk highlights. Not sure if we are just completely spoiled at East Fife. But the Billy big time bairns highlights are absolutely horrific. Felt seasick as the camera zoomed in and out at random times. Corners being taken out of view cause its so zoomed in and you just wait for the ball to appear. Barely keeping up with play and not catching the action on the screen.
I know it's probably volunteers and feel bad saying it but for a full time team that's utter guff. Send them on a wee course or give them a screen so they see what they are catching as our guys (numerous different camera men over the past 6/7 years) have managed to do so very well.

7 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Dixon should be at centreback beside buchanan.

Dixon isnt even doing the simple stuff well nowadays, the opposition are now treating it as a weak link and for good reason

I thought Durnan was pretty solid, only thing to mention for me was a well wayward pass. I had hoped we signed Dixon for a centre back role as towards the end of last season he began to show the form he is now and a division below hasnt helped him.  He really brings nothing to the forward play and defensively has been the weak link.

The problem we have is we have 5 defenders who can play centre half or have done, 4 who can play right back and 1 who can play left back. The options from today's bench is poor in a creativity way, Tidser or McShane arent gonna change much if we are chasing a game and today showed why no one ever does a double sub of 2 strikers on a weekly basis bar Ray McKinnon. The whole thing stinks of poor assembly of a squad given the funds available and for him not being able to get  a tune out of the players available who can perform better than they are as a team with the key element the manager providing the plans to do so. 

I do think we will be heading for the play offs if Ray is here for the season, another gibbering wreck interview repeating the positives are the defence and the goalkeeper when the our goalkeeper shouldnt be having to pull it out saves to keep us in the game, then highlighting we have Gary Miller, Toshney, Tidser and McShane on the bench that we are in good shape. I am sorry Ray but the four players mentioned remained on the bench and 0-0 at home versus East Fife is by no means good shape.

Ps I thought East Fife were decent and tried to pass the ball out from the back which is something we rarely do, 2nd half was tragic with the ball having more air miles than a Ryan air plane.

36 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Just watched the Falkirk highlights. Not sure if we are just completely spoiled at East Fife. But the Billy big time bairns highlights are absolutely horrific. Felt seasick as the camera zoomed in and out at random times. Corners being taken out of view cause its so zoomed in and you just wait for the ball to appear. Barely keeping up with play and not catching the action on the screen.
I know it's probably volunteers and feel bad saying it but for a full time team that's utter guff. Send them on a wee course or give them a screen so they see what they are catching as our guys (numerous different camera men over the past 6/7 years) have managed to do so very well.

No highlight of the penalty incident, which is strange giving the impression it wasnt one, tho still feel the reaction of Telfer suggests he felt it was

8 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

They normal guy who does the camera work is pretty decent but he was absent yesterday. And yes, they are all volunteers.

23 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:
25 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:
They normal guy who does the camera work is pretty decent but he was absent yesterday. And yes, they are all volunteers.

Sorry to whoever it was and not meaning to have a dig at them just think a wee bit training filming and that they would get themselves catching it all.

You've not seen my efforts from yesterday yet Scott.! All I'll say is thank god Anton didn't control his chance in the second half or I would have missed it. Unfortunately there will be no gopro action of Bell's saves in the first half but this time through  no fault of mine. Set the camera up but when they took the  safety netting down before kick off they dumped everything on top of the camera & all we've got is the beautiful Falkirk sky through some black netting. Thanks guys!

Edited by LiamA

You've not seen my efforts from yesterday yet Scott.! All I'll say is thank god Anton didn't control his chance in the second half or I would have missed it. Unfortunately there will be no gopro action of Bell's saves in the first half but this time through  no fault of mine. Set the camera up but when they took the  safety netting down before kick off they dumped everything on top of the camera & all we've got is the beautiful Falkirk sky through some black netting. Thanks guys!
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Cmon Liam, we're you too into the game?

First half was quite enjoyable yesterday, EF were flooding players forward early doors but we handled it fairly comfortably. Thought we controlled it after the early barrage with some nice passages of play, thought it was a pen for us and their guy was offside, but I'm biased.

2nd half on the whole was murder, EF changed things up and went full defensive mode, Longridge should have scored but from then on we offered very little and our subs effectively killed any chance of winning it.

Overall a draw was fair, defensively we were solid again but up front too many players were off it eg McManus, telfer, Connolly and longridge.   

If things are not working McKinnon needs to alter things, even get the wide players to swap sides, I'm surprised mclean or the hearts boy weren't on the bench either if Connolly or longridge are not performing.

4 minutes ago, TheBigYa said:

Do the highlights have the penalty claim? I've scanned through them a couple of times and can't seem to find it. 

If it's there and I'm just missing it could someone post a timestamp please.

It's not there.  Its mentioned just before the possible offside breakaway but it's not shown.