Falkirk v Methil

I thought it was a reasonably entertaining game, as for once the opposition came to attack instead of defend for the 90 mins.

1st half we had a few decent half chances as did East Fife and they probably should have taken the lead when their striker was 1 on 1.

2nd half East Fife didn’t offer much but there was 1 or 2 scares. Longridge inexplicably blasted the ball over when he had a free shot at goal, it truly was easier to score!

Big call by Ray doing the double substitution and he got it wrong, it killed the game tbh, I thought McManus and McMillan offered a lot more upfront but I guess that wouldn’t be hard.

Again though we were too pedestrian at times and the crosses into the box were not good enough. Its also concerning that we had no one on the bench who could come on and change the game!

Probably a point was fair.

Massive match for Ray next week, it really is a must win.

9 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

First half; not so bad. From both teams. Second half; OMG. Utterly, depressingly, predictably not good enough.  Only Gomis  worth watching, but that’s a pretty small crumb of comfort.  Dixon should be run out of town,  talk about money for old rope.  

Dixon should be at centreback beside buchanan.

7 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

First half; not so bad. From both teams. Second half; OMG. Utterly, depressingly, predictably not good enough.  Only Gomis  worth watching, but that’s a pretty small crumb of comfort.  Dixon should be run out of town,  talk about money for old rope.  

The left-hand side was an absolute nonsense again today.  Same old, same old. Longridge wandering all over the place so once again forced to endure Dixon shelling aimless high ball after aimless high ball. Beyond criminal. He signs a left-winger from Hearts who cannot even get on the bench. Utterly pointless signing any player on loan if he is not better than what you have and isn't going to feature regularly. Waste of time. 

1 minute ago, AGPar said:

The left-hand side was an absolute nonsense again today.  Same old, same old. Longridge wandering all over the place so once again forced to endure Dixon shelling aimless high ball after aimless high ball. Beyond criminal. He signs a left-winger from Hearts who cannot even get on the bench. Utterly pointless signing any player on loan if he is not better than what you have and isn't going to feature regularly. Waste of time. 

Yup. Totally agree. The only time Dixon should be left back is... left back in the dressing room. Boom-tsh. 

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Dixon should be at centreback beside buchanan.

Durnan was far from being our worst player today.

Its the creative area’s that we are really struggling. McKinnon’s subs today showed he has no clue how to change things.

This league is awful to watch. I can totally understand why everyone who has visited us so far has such a low support.

Mckinnon is a special kind of manager. It really takes talent to have the budget he has in this league and yet produce a side that looks no better than the rest of the dross. The sooner hes emptied the better and then get a manager in with half a clue that can scoosh this league.
You're doing it again

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Durnan was far from being our worst player today.

Its the creative area’s that we are really struggling. McKinnon’s subs today showed he has no clue how to change things.

This league is awful to watch. I can totally understand why everyone who has visited us so far has such a low support.

Just feel dixon is a better centreback than durnan.

Have to say Cammy Bell, may be top of the pie eating League,, but still a fantastic keeper. Couple of worldy saves today, did everything thing right as far as I can remember, and also turned and gave appreciative applause to the traveling support at the final whistle. Good professional , well done.

11 minutes ago, smuggfifer said:
42 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:
Mckinnon is a special kind of manager. It really takes talent to have the budget he has in this league and yet produce a side that looks no better than the rest of the dross. The sooner hes emptied the better and then get a manager in with half a clue that can scoosh this league.

You're doing it again

Christ even clueless mccoist managed to win this league by 40 points. 

Getting sick of watching these same predictable performances.

McKinnon should be long gone but I’m so bored of hearing how good these players are. Most of them are either shite or couldn’t give a f**k.

East Fife deserved the point more than we did and if something isn’t done soon Rovers and EF are going to establish themselves at the top and have the confidence that we are nothing special. That will lead to us struggling to keep with them.

McKinnon must go but so must many of his lazy signing, prima donnas.....

On 25/09/2019 at 21:52, BairnBrainBrian said:

By your logic, only Rangers will ever beat East Fife 3-0.

On 26/09/2019 at 14:39, BairnBrainBrian said:

I think this will be a fairly straightforward 3-0 for the Bairns. 

2-2-6 against this dross.

1 hour ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

and as long as I have a hole in my arse...

You’ll continue to talk out of it???

6 minutes ago, EFFC1938 said:

It sickens me that a wee diddy pub league team like East Strife can even contemplate holding a fulltime team like Lolkirk to a point at home! How very fucking dare they! Another valuable point towards the dream that is the play offs! Mon the Fife

To make the league more exciting and competitive we've kept mckinnon in post. You should all be thanking us for giving you guys a wee chance this season.