Falkirk v Methil

We could still be playing at not score. A few chances that could easily have been goals but the majority of play was totally predictable. Had a bad feeling going into the last 15 that we were going to lose a goal as that double sub totally killed any control we had on the game. Next week is a huge test of where we are in this league. We need to be scoring against the teams round about us and lumping balls in the box from wide won’t be good enough!

That second half was fucking horrible, but the draw was the correct result!!!
It would been a totally different game for us if Wallace had been playing imo, his injury was a blow and being forced to play the obviously not match-fit Boyd was critical, Big Tonks was basically playing up front on his own for the whole game!!!
Anyway, impressed with Falkirk’s Kante-like in the middle he was everywhere but did seem to obviously tire near the end with an awful lot of misplaced passes coming from him and Ray must read PnB as it was noticeable the close attention Aggy was getting with our main playmaker having three men on him whenever he had the ball!!!
I didn’t think Falkirk’s penalty claim was one tbh think the ref got that one right, but it was close enough for me to reserve full judgement until I see the highlights but he had no help from the far side linesman who managed to be appalling for the entire match!!!
Anyway as I said the draw was probably fair I still think that we’re the best side I’ve seen this season but Falkirk were definitely the best opposition side I’ve seen this season and both sides just cancelled each other out for most of the match!!!

4134F33E-E4F3-4648-B04F-CCA84CBD68DF.thumb.jpeg.e68b9d8d299a8781bb0e19f344e46e31.jpeg

Thought Gomis was a class apart- and goalie made 2 great saveas

We so missed Wallace- How many miles did Dowds run today! With Wallace alongside I would fancy our Chances- Dowds was against2/3 all afternoon and still gave them problems..... look forward to next match.

Mckinnon is a special kind of manager. It really takes talent to have the budget he has in this league and yet produce a side that looks no better than the rest of the dross. The sooner hes emptied the better and then get a manager in with half a clue that can scoosh this league.

What we have to really think about is not only do we need a manager that can get us out of this league, we need one that can win the championship (or play-offs), and as long as I have a hole in my arse that manager is not Ray.

There is something seriously wrong because the group of players that we have should not be as bad as this. They are a million miles away from a decent finished article.

3 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

First half; not so bad. From both teams. Second half; OMG. Utterly, depressingly, predictably not good enough.  Only Gomis  worth watching, but that’s a pretty small crumb of comfort.  Dixon should be run out of town,  talk about money for old rope.  

Shooting from 30 yards... More than once tae

Pretty brutal game of football, especially in that second half. A point was just about right. Falkirk had the better of it and it was one of those games where you felt like they were threatening to take a hold of it but never did due to being pretty predictable in the final third.

Very good to get our first clean sheet of the season and I'd have taken a point from the game considering Falkirk had a 100% home record before today.

We definitely missed Wallace. Tough one for Boyd to make his first start in and to be honest, he was pretty anonymous. We really needed a bit of graft up there which Wallace would have provided. Great defensive performance though and I thought Jordan Hart had a great game, one excellent reaction save in the first half and took everything Falkirk threw into our box.

As for Falkirk, look extremely fit and organised back to middle. Gave us next to no time or space compared to the other L1 teams. Gomis is absolute class as well. All over the place, closing down, making challenges, spraying passes about. Cracking wee player. Apart from the odd occasion in the first half, never really cut us open at all though. Pretty pedestrian and one dimensional going forward. I can see why so many of your games are brutal to watch. Good enough to stop the opposition creating much but not really good enough to create much yourselves.