Falkirk v Methil

Same starting lineup and intent as last week. McShane for Telfer if he's injured.

East fife seem to like a high press and getting bodies forward which will give us more problems than any of the other teams have presented (discounting the reserves against Raith cup game), but may also present us with opportunities for connolly and McManus in particular using thier pace.

Feeling hugely positive about this game. I'm certain we'll score and our defence have been pretty solid.

2-0 Buchanan and MacMillan

Pretty confident from the Falkirk fans. We ALWAYS turn up for big away games and I cant remember the last time we didnt give a team an even game bar Rangers so watch this space. My head is telling me 2-1 Falkirk but this team impresses time and time again so  2-0 East Fife

1 hour ago, mic_17_uk said:

East fife seem to like a high press and getting bodies forward which will give us more problems than any of the other teams have presented (discounting the reserves against Raith cup game), but may also present us with opportunities for connolly and McManus in particular using thier pace.

And here's me believing that Falkirk have gone for a small high quality squad....

7 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

And here's me believing that Falkirk have gone for a small high quality squad....

We all thought that was the plan to start with but mckinnon then added some bodies as squad fillers later in the window.  At least 6 of the players on show that day would not start normally.

We should be going into this game with absolutely no fear, Falkirk have got themselves out of their early season rut and started to put together some decent results but WE are still “Top of the League” (Joint) and WE are still unbeaten and WE are going into this game as the “form” Team of the Division, perhaps there’s more chance of a little bit of fear coming from the Bairns as they will know we are capable of halting their good run and getting their fans on their backs again!!!

Looking forward to this as it’s also my first visit to the new Bairnabeu as I was on holiday when we played them in The cup a couple of years ago, expecting an exciting and open game with there perhaps being only the one goal in it!!!

2-0 East Fife with a Burgess hat trick!!!

I hope we absolutely fucking pump this mob purely because King Kebab does my absolute nut in by putting three exclamation marks at the end of every sentence. 

Do I???

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

We should be going into this game with absolutely no fear, Falkirk have got themselves out of their early season rut and started to put together some decent results but WE are still “Top of the League” (Joint) and WE are still unbeaten and WE are going into this game as the “form” Team of the Division, perhaps there’s more chance of a little bit of fear coming from the Bairns as they will know we are capable of halting their good run and getting their fans on their backs again!!!

Looking forward to this as it’s also my first visit to the new Bairnabeu as I was on holiday when we played them in The cup a couple of years ago, expecting an exciting and open game with there perhaps being only the one goal in it!!!

2-0 East Fife with a Burgess hat trick!!!

It will be a very sorry day when we fear playing a team in this division.

McKinnon is no doubt shiteing himself right enough.

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

We all thought that was the plan to start with but mckinnon then added some bodies as squad fillers later in the window.  At least 6 of the players on show that day would not start normally.

We had three or four first choice players out ourselves. Those who came in were decent squad players but I'd expect Falkirk's were the same.

Big game in the top three in this league. Falkirk certainly much the favourite team in this tie and for the league, this the first meeting between the two teams so hopefully do well and repeat of the performance shown at Montrose! Head says 2-1 Falkirk heart says 1-1/3-1 ef.

falkirk always a tough place to visit that’s my thoughts.

Going to miss this unfortunately but hoping the last 2 weeks have taught McKinnon how to best structure the side. 

Can't overstate how poor Stranraer were though so I don't think we'll see anywhere near that level of domination. East Fife have had a great start and did well against bigger sides in the League Cup too so this will be a real test for us.

I'd probably swap Sammon for McManus as the former looks short on confidence at the moment. I actually quite liked the look of Sammon on the wing on Saturday but Longridge is playing very well so wouldn't drop him.

I'm just sad I'll miss McKinnon throwing on Denny Johnstone in hope with 15 minutes to go.