Fourthfar vs Raith - Saturday 28th

1 hour ago, Roath Raver said:

https://youtu.be/uKS0C3xuMYI

here are this week’s highlights 

Excellent work, as always. Gutting to see Vaughan crumple, and you could tell by the other players reaction, Forfar and Raith, that it was bad. Was it my imagination, or was there a lot of yelling and blame in the Forfar back ranks? I had thought the issues at Forfar were forwards and the back line was pretty settled.

Watched the highlights before work this morning, great package as always. We looked pretty solid again, only the one mistake leading to a goal. Other than that Forfar never threatened, resorting to shots from 25 yards plus. We look a lot more fluid than I think I've ever seen us. It seems that Benedictus getting down to left hand side and crossing is a genuine tactic - and fair play - he's fucking good at it. Speaks volumes how many goals we've scored have come from either a full back scoring, or a full back assisting (or both!). Another assist from Anderson for the first goal, too. Proving himself to be a very important player for us. He's been top notch since he arrived.

Vaughan's injury looks every bit as bad as I anticipated. His scream when it happens made my stomach turn. Hard to put into words how devastated I am for him. A nicer lad you'll never meet, just wants to play his football for us and be a success. So cruel. In terms of how important he is for us - as RATM said earlier in the thread - we have no like for like replacement. Others may go in that role and be good at it but no one else in out squad has that wee big magic like him to just make something out of nothing. I'm praying to a god that doesn't exist that Lewis is OK. We shall see in the next week or so.

We should be buzzing. Four wins on the trot, 9 goals scored, 1 conceded; but I feel like a burst baw. Falkirk is massive next week. Win there and we are firmly in the driving seat.

A great result, especially the manner of coming back from a goal down at a tough place to get a result. The team looks a lot more resilient, balanced and we have a variety of options if plan A not working.

However, very difficult to feel positive. Seeing Vaughan being carried off with no weight on his leg is heart wrenching stuff. He is the best player the Rovers have had since the 90s dream team. We wait to hear the prognosis but its unlikely to be good news. Such a shame for one of the finest lads in the game. Also puts a huge dent in our promotion hopes. As others have said you simply cant replace him in the no 10 role.

Great win, top of the league but I'm gutted.

You can’t replace him, but then the team are good enough to beat anybody without him. We simple can’t use his injury as an excuse for poor results, as is my fear.

This is the leveller. We simply have to get behind the club and management. McGlynn with limited funds is doing all he can to give us the balance we’ve lacked recently. It’s up to the players to up the ante.

2  silly mistakes from us gifted the big boys 3pts, hopefully we can kick on from here, depleted squad but showed a lot of character today
The play acting from Spencer and Co was embarrassing at times.
Within the first few minutes the guy who pretty much two footed Davidson should have at least been booked. The clear dive from the No 10 to get a free kick at the corner of the box was even more embarrassing. [emoji1787]

12 hours ago, Kwaka Mal said:
13 hours ago, loon74 said:

Totally agree , the stewards are on a mission to get rid , he obviously got bullied at school

One in particular, the same one that was beating the shit out of the advertising hoardings up at Peterhead.

That'll be the same one that was spouting at that Peterhead game to one of their stewards that he was a steward too and knew the law and that he couldn't lay a finger on him. We call him Robocop, I've had run ins with him, totally unsuited to do that job. I'm hearing he confiscated a season ticket from one of the young lads.

That'll be the same one that was spouting at that Peterhead game to one of their stewards that he was a steward too and knew the law and that he couldn't lay a finger on him. We call him Robocop, I've had run ins with him, totally unsuited to do that job. I'm hearing he confiscated a season ticket from one of the young lads.

If it’s the same steward as I think you’re on about, he took a phone off one of the kids yesterday, was looking through it then handed it back. He later stormed up to the back of them to search them to find, surprisingly, absolutely nothing.

7 hours ago, iamnotgarybollan said:

If it’s the same steward as I think you’re on about, he took a phone off one of the kids yesterday, was looking through it then handed it back. He later stormed up to the back of them to search them to find, surprisingly, absolutely nothing.

I think looking through the kid's phone was the boy's attempt to prove his identity to get back the season ticket that was dropped. He didn't get back the ticket from Robocop. Things need to improve or the club will lose a generation of supporters

• 1 year later...