Fourthfar vs Raith - Saturday 28th

Would be great to finally string 3 league wins together. We have not managed it since March 2018 and if we have any hopes of challenging this year that is a stat we need to put to bed ASAP.

Hopefully Vaughan is fit, would bring him straight in for Gullan who I thought struggled against Airdrie. McGurn will be in for Munro as well. Hopefully Baird gets to play some part off the bench this week. 

Our recent record away from home (and particularly at Station Park) mean I am not particularly confident going into this one but we look to have a solid base to build from now which will hopefully improve the away form.

We showed two different sides in the last couple of weeks. Some great football against Peterhead and a more battling efficient performance against Airdrie. The Airdrie one was the type of performance I don’t think we had in us last season. I’d expect a similarly tight game against Forfar, any sort of win would be fantastic and really set up the home game against Falkirk. 

I’ll go for 1-1. We look much more solid at the back but we haven’t kept 4 clean sheets in a row since September 2010 back in John Baird’s first season with us. 

Interested in SAndo and McGurn together. SAndo is very much the leader, a roll previously filled by McGurn during his outings. Would expect them to do just fine, two grizzled vets, but you never know. Things seem to be gelling, with Vaughan I like 0-2...without, I’m a little less sanguine.

35 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Minus Hilson and Jackson will see us very light up top so despite a great home record against Raith in recent years would bite your hand off for a point.

BTW segregation on Saturday no doubt due to shenanigans at last seasons play off match.

It'll be fine, Matthews won't be playing. 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

No point in signing Baird if we aren't going to play him. He's one of the best forwards in the league.

Absolutely.
We only have him signed until January.  Get him in the team and spread the match minutes around.

Absolutely.
We only have him signed until January.  Get him in the team and spread the match minutes around.

Going by a recent newspaper article/interview he’s back in Scotland to try and obtain a visa with the hope of returning to Australia in June of next year. Wouldn’t surprise me if he stayed til the end of the season.

49 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Going by a recent newspaper article/interview he’s back in Scotland to try and obtain a visa with the hope of returning to Australia in June of next year. Wouldn’t surprise me if he stayed til the end of the season.

Missed that. That would be ideal. 

5 hours ago, Raithie said:

He’ll probably sign for Falkirk in January