Traits That Make You Wary

Probably mentioned already but colleagues who tell you far too much about their personal lives, unless you're genuinely friends with them as well of course.

I have a colleague who has told me so much about their bizarre life that I just put headphones on as soon as I see them.

In a previous job I worked with a guy who would continually talk about the prostitutes he had shagged in Thailand. On my final shift I walked out to my car with him and he carried on talking about how great the hooker he had as a ‘companion’ on his last trip was, I was very keen to just get out of there but because of politeness I had to stand in the car park nodding while this guy told me about how he’d had sex two or three times a day the whole holiday and paid her extra at the end. Looking back I should’ve booted him in the baws but everything’s better in hindsight.

People that feel the need to speak to you on holiday because they are also Scottish. I have absolutely no interest in knowing where you are from and how close it is to me
Depends where you are. If it's Spain or some other touristy European country it's not a big deal but if I was further afield I'd probably ask where someone was from.

12 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I have a colleague who has told me so much about their bizarre life that I just put headphones on as soon as I see them.

In a previous job I worked with a guy who would continually talk about the prostitutes he had shagged in Thailand. On my final shift I walked out to my car with him and he carried on talking about how great the hooker he had as a ‘companion’ on his last trip was, I was very keen to just get out of there but because of politeness I had to stand in the car park nodding while this guy told me about how he’d had sex two or three times a day the whole holiday and paid her extra at the end. Looking back I should’ve booted him in the baws but everything’s better in hindsight.

I mean, it's a less boring closing gambit than 'good luck in your new job' I suppose. 

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Do you work in the glam rock industry? 

4 hours ago, dysartrovers said:

People that feel the need to speak to you on holiday because they are also Scottish. I have absolutely no interest in knowing where you are from and how close it is to me

I say I'm Russian if they haven't already heard me speaking in English. 

On 16/10/2019 at 12:23, smpar said:

Probably mentioned already but colleagues who tell you far too much about their personal lives, unless you're genuinely friends with them as well of course.

I know, right?

I'm about to sneak into their house and kill them with an axe.

Edited by Leonard Cohen