Traits That Make You Wary

My wife was on the phone to some company the other day and was asked her postcode, the creep immediately relayed it in the phonetic alphabet. An incident I wish had happened before we were married.

So you're wife being sensible makes you weary? Nothing wrong with this at all. I have a G in my postcode and a J as well. And the amount of times people get it incorrect is unreal, no matter how well I pronounce it. I always do it phonetically now to save the hassle of repeating myself.  

1 hour ago, ShaggysBeard said:

My wife was on the phone to some company the other day and was asked her postcode, the creep immediately relayed it in the phonetic alphabet.

An incident I wish had happened before we were married.

What?

Is that a normal thing to do? I thought it was only for pilots and the army.

I have to use it in my work but even before I worked here I would use it on the phone for the reasons highlighted. The only difference being it would be more like "J for Jungle" rather than "J for Juliet". Your Mrs is sensible. You are not [emoji14]

I've made several attempts to authentically use the phonetic alphabet when on the phone to these tossers, never seems to work.  It's as though my brain filters out the actual phonetic alphabet, plus all the myriad of relatable words beginning with the letter in question leaving you like "......paleontology.........eh.....quixotic.......Montrose...."

5 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Families where the parents and children all have names that start with the same letter.

My younger brother has the same name as my dad, the letter of which is the same first letter of my mother's name.

Me and my older brother's name begin with the same letter.

My mother has three brothers. Two of them have a first name that begins with the same letter as my mother's name, with one of them having the same first name as my father and younger brother.

My younger brother has the same name as my dad, the letter of which is the same first letter of my mother's name.
Me and my older brother's name begin with the same letter.
My mother has three brothers. Two of them have a first name that begins with the same letter as my mother's name, with one of them having the same first name as my father and younger brother.
Reckon all of this actually only covers about 3 folk... Fife c**t